28 members have voted

1. 1. Who should partner Rooney?

• Michael Owen.
    • Alan Smith.
    • Jermaine Defoe.
    • Darius Vassell.
    • Other- give them a shout!
    • Nobody, we should play 4-5-1.

Well, since Rooney has the entire English media on his cock, his position is not debatable, however former Golden Boy Michael Owen has been in poor form for England for a while and hasn't made much of an impact amongst 'El Galacticos'. His usually guaranteed spot has become increasingly under threat...

...Step forward the young pretenders...

Smith started the season well for Man U. but has since been restricted to the bench since Van Nistelrooy and Rooney returned to fitness.

Defoe has shown definate potential and performed well for England, but Spurs have failed to create many chances for him.

Vassell... we know the deal all too well- Electric pace, 'potential', and always seems to play much better in white than in Claret and Blue.

Beattie is injured (and not good enough IMO), hence no option for the wide boy.

And just as a note of interest, who would like to see Beckham dropped for S. Wright-Phillips??

Well, since Rooney has the entire English media on his cock, his position is not debatable

i will however dispute it, a controversial defoe and smith for me with vass and rooney to come on, no appearance for owen at all

Im saying Owen.

He is a big game player, and his goals record at international level is phenomenal (if you find a goals to minutes on the pitch ratio, its totally top drawer) He has got a lot to prove at the moment, and this game is set up for him.

As for the Midfield thing, Sven isnt going to drop Beckham, so why not move him into the middle alongside Lampard? Lilly Savage isnt playing there, so we dont really need a player like Butt to combat that. Beckham plays very well for Real Madrid in the middle, and of course, it opens the door to Wright Phillips to grab a regular spot in the England starting XI.

Well, since Rooney has the entire English media on his cock, his position is not debatable

i will however dispute it, a controversial defoe and smith for me with vass and rooney to come on, no appearance for owen at all

Over-ruled.

Paddy, this is my poll, one more outburst like that and i will ban you from VillaTalk. :wink:

Owen.

Proven international goalscorer. He will be out to prove the critics wrong & as euro 2004 proved, his partnership with Rooney works really well. (He set up 2 or 3 goals for him I think)

If Beattie isn`t good enough, then Smith & Vassell definitely aren`t.

As for the Midfield thing, Sven isnt going to drop Beckham, so why not move him into the middle alongside Lampard? Lilly Savage isnt playing there, so we dont really need a player like Butt to combat that. Beckham plays very well for Real Madrid in the middle, and of course, it opens the door to Wright Phillips to grab a regular spot in the England starting XI.

Good shout Rev, i like the sound of that.

Be interesting to know what his goals to game ratio is since "that" injury though, Owen has been underperforming for a good two or three season imho. He doesn't deserve to be even in the squad let alone play

Â