Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

MON needs to see Kelly & Ward in action now so he won't have to pick them by the time competitive games roll around.

I'm going against the grain here, but I think Green is actually a handy player. Sure he was outclassed against the Russians & Spanish in a 442, but he was very good away against the Swedes and can do a job I reckon in a 433.

• Like 1

I thought it was fine.  We showed the same directness as before with the odd bits of first touch football, but we did it with an inferior starting line-up away to better opposition.  Yet Poland rarely threatened.  I don't think Forde made a good save all game.  That's the experimentation out of the way now.  MON has a better idea of what he has at his disposal and I've seen more positivity in our 2 games so far than I saw in nearly all of the games under Trap this side of the Euros.

Zatman, how did Ireland do last night? Would you rather have Hodgson or MON?

I didnt watch it  ;) but as I like Hodgson as a person better than MON and actually think he is better tactician for international football id prefer him

MON needs to see Kelly & Ward in action now so he won't have to pick them by the time competitive games roll around.

I'm going against the grain here, but I think Green is actually a handy player. Sure he was outclassed against the Russians & Spanish in a 442, but he was very good away against the Swedes and can do a job I reckon in a 433.

surely anybody that has ever watched football would know Ward was crap, still shocked he played nearly 100 premier league games. fully agree with you on Green he was brilliant in Stockholm and Zlatan barely got a sniff

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Irish team v Serbia: Forde, Coleman, Richard Keogh, Wilson, Ward, McGeady, McCarthy, Whelan, Hoolahan, McClean, Long

Whelan still in the team and also captain... :mellow:, also not too confident about our CBs.

Edited by packoman

Â