The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

So McLeish has come out today and says that Weimann is "making a strong claim for a starting role against Chelsea".

It's too **** late for that now. He made the strongest possible claim he could make by coming on against Fulham to score the winner and you drop in favour of **** Heskey. Take your **** strong claims and **** off McLeish you clearing in the woods.

Oh yeah, and King Carlos came out today and apologised for his mistakes in the Arsenal game to the fans. Why can't McLeish do that? Face us you coward.

why should he apologize for Cuellar mistakes ;)

You know what I meant.

He has"ent actually said that Weimann will start ! just that he is making a strong claim

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what he said, and what I'm saying is that he made more than a strong claim against Fulham, yet he still started with Heskey.

I am agreeing with you.

In other words " a strong claim " does not mean that he will start.

You need a manager with a brain for that to happen

I think the thing that bothers me most about McLeish is the guy's defeatist attitude. It's annoyed me recently, all this talk of 'elite' clubs that we cannot compete against. Fans' aren't thick, we watch a lot of football and we understand which teams we can realistically compete against and although our expectations can get a bit too high at times, all we ask for is that we give it a good go against any one in this league.

We're losing games before the match has started, this used to be the case under the dark days of Ellis and O'leary, when this happens the whole mindset spreads and a rot sets in. Suddenly, losing games becomes normal, not a thing to particularly worry or care about.

I've been fairly patient with McLeish, generally, because he's only here because of terrible board decisions and had a fair bit to deal with in regard to top players leaving the club; however, he has simply failed at installing any sort of belief in the players, which is the bare minimum I expect of any Villa manager. The guy is quite simply a loser. He accepts defeat too easily, he's used to defeat; he's perfectly happy to manage a team that picks up 7 or 8 wins a season. The negativity is like nothing I've ever seen.

I just don't see any good coming from this man. He's shown nothing to me that he can turn this around and with the squad possibly getting even weaker next season, to have the belief of the players on his side will become even more important, but if he doesn't even have the belief himself that Aston Villa can compete in this league, then we really have serious problems.

I think the thing that bothers me most about McLeish is the guy's defeatist attitude. It's annoyed me recently, all this talk of 'elite' clubs that we cannot compete against. Fans' aren't thick, we watch a lot of football and we understand which teams we can realistically compete against and although our expectations can get a bit too high at times, all we ask for is that we give it a good go against any one in this league.

We're losing games before the match has started, this used to be the case under the dark days of Ellis and O'leary, when this happens the whole mindset spreads and a rot sets in. Suddenly, losing games becomes normal, not a thing to particularly worry or care about.

I've been fairly patient with McLeish, generally, because he's only here because of terrible board decisions and had a fair bit to deal with in regard to top players leaving the club; however, he has simply failed at installing any sort of belief in the players, which is the bare minimum I expect of any Villa manager. The guy is quite simply a loser. He accepts defeat too easily, he's used to defeat; he's perfectly happy to manage a team that picks up 7 or 8 wins a season. The negativity is like nothing I've ever seen.

I just don't see any good coming from this man. He's shown nothing to me that he can turn this around and with the squad possibly getting even weaker next season, to have the belief of the players on his side will become even more important, but if he doesn't even have the belief himself that Aston Villa can compete in this league, then we really have serious problems.

Could"ent agree more. :clap::clap::clap:

If only he had that same defeatist attitude against Arsenal in last years cup final. He didnt throw the towel in now before a ball was kicked then, so why now.

They threw in the towel the day after they won that game though. Quite pathetically.

If only he had that same defeatist attitude against Arsenal in last years cup final. He didnt throw the towel in now before a ball was kicked then, so why now.
Thanks for reminding me.

**** you McLeish. I **** hate this guy so much.

I think the thing that bothers me most about McLeish is the guy's defeatist attitude. It's annoyed me recently, all this talk of 'elite' clubs that we cannot compete against.
This is absolutely the key issue at present.

If that's the sort of prematch talk he gives to the players, it's no wonder they hardly bother to turn up on the pitch against top sides.

It depresses me that people keep throwing the name Martinez about

I mean WTF, is this how far we've fallen

To be fair to Martinez, he has kept a team which is definitly not premiership quality in the division. And it wouldnt surpise me if he did it again. Wigans players are poor, only about one of them would get in the villa side, and this is saying something, but he has kept them up.

So what, it generally means there's been 3 worse teams than Wigan

This does not mean he's a good manager FFS

I would argue West Ham had better players then Wigan last season, and possibly Small Heath too. Infact I think only had Blackpool had worst players then Wigan, but they still stayed up, and others went down.

He's better than McLeish though.

Nope, far from convinced

How did you work that one out? Last season Wigan stayed up yet SHA didn't, despite the latter having a better squad, more resources and a supposedly better manager.

Â