The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

It is however currently still an improvement on this time last season
Just want to pick up on this. It is indeed an improvement but only a very minor one. It took us 24 games to get 28 points last season. This season it has taken us 23. Not all that impressive really when you consider how poor we were last season (then again we've probably played just as bad if not worse this season), the lack of injuries this season compared to last season and the fact that McLeish has had a full pre-season.

Of course, we also had Young and Downing last season but at the same time we only had Bent for half of it (and that's when things started to improve) and McLeish has been able to bring in some players.

It wasn't good enough last season and it's not good enough this season.

Meh, still not dire. Pedestrian yes, unpenetrating sure. But we still managed to create a goal. Dire would be the performance against Swansea for example. Besides I thought Eck was a liar :winkold:
No, the first half was absolutely terrible, despite the goal.

A Villa fan on Talk Sport either Monday or Tuesday tweeted that Blackburn fans should stop moaning as they don't know how lucky they are with Steve Kean :o
I would take Kean over McLeish. At least the players are playing for him.

ill wager youve never even see the guy play ffs

he played for shamrock who are probably about as good as a league 2 team.

theres a very good chance that he will not be the next ashley cole

So because he's come from a comparatively poor team he must be shit?

He's unproven, not shit.

It felt like everyone leaving the ground (except mantis) enjoyed the football and fightback.
Hey, I enjoyed the fightback and the second half performance, I was just pissed off that we even needed to fight back in the first place. This habit playing absolutely terrible for long spells during games is really costing us.

To the people that say we can carry on this attacking play into the Newcastle game, what makes you so sure that we will? One of our most attacking performances at home this season (against Norwich) was followed up by the most diabolical and negative Villa performances in recent years against Spurs.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kevin doyle played for cork and pats

stephen ward played for bohs

seamus coleman played for sligo

keith fahey played for drogheda and pats

wes hoolahan played for shels

off the top of my head

all great great players

kevin doyle played for cork and pats

stephen ward played for bohs

seamus coleman played for sligo

keith fahey played for drogheda and pats

wes hoolahan played for shels

off the top of my head

all great great players

every one of whom would feature in our match day squad

He should try N'Zogbia at LB if Gabby comes back fit.
Agreed. We just can't go on like this. Warnock has been dropping so many clangers this season it's not even funny. I mean, that own-goal he scored last night was a replica of what he did against Everton, except that time Given managed to save it. Does he not learn from his mistakes?

Absolutely terrible, really? OTT much? We may have lacked the cutting edge and desire we showed in the second half but it was far from a terrible performance. 68% possession, 8 shots and a goal is anything but terrible, I'm sorry. It wasn't great, and certainly needed improvement in the second half. Improve we did and immensely at that which was no doubt thanks to the booing or some other phenomenon.

nzogbia is only just finding his feet out on the wing, i dont think moving him to full back would help anyone
I think it'd help the likes of Given and Dunne a great deal.

apart from the fact that our entire left side would be defensively non existent and a blatant target for opposition you mean?

im not saying waste money again but sign solid players that can come in and do a job not spend 6 months training before finding out if he is good enough.

we need to have a squad strong enough to swap players without it having a big effect on the result

Absolutely terrible, really? OTT much? We may have lacked the cutting edge and desire we showed in the second half but it was far from a terrible performance. 68% possession, 8 shots and a goal is anything but terrible, I'm sorry. It wasn't great, and certainly needed improvement in the second half. Improve we did and immensely at that which was no doubt thanks to the booing or some other phenomenon.

But stats aren't everything. We may have had 68% possession but we didn't actually much with it. We were outplayed for much of the first half and the only reason we got back into the game was because they sat back.

nzogbia is only just finding his feet out on the wing, i dont think moving him to full back would help anyone
I think it'd help the likes of Given and Dunne a great deal.

apart from the fact that our entire left side would be defensively non existent and a blatant target for opposition you mean?

But that's exactly the case right now. :lol:

But stats aren't everything. We may have had68% possession but we didn't actually much with it. We were outplayed for muchof thefirsthalf andtheonly reasonwe got back into the game was because they satback.

You're right, but that's hardly the description of an absolutely terrible or dire performance is it? And I don't think we were outplayed even for a minute. We may not have been able to create much in the first half, but there was only one team in it imo. It's almost as if Hughes was using our performances against Spurs, United and Liverpool as a template.

It's almost as if Hughes was using our performances against Spurs, United and Liverpool as a template.

:?

Strange comment.

You do realise just how many injuries they had and first start players QPR fielded last night ?

Hes only been their manager for few weeks.

When our manager disgracefully fielded 6 defenders with Heskey and Hutton as wingers to start at SPurs he had NO injuries . That was his first choice selection.

Besides QPR didn't lose 2-0 last night did they?

McLeish is really holding this team back. You could tell yesterday they were instructed just to sit back and not try to let in a goal. It's obvious he fears of us being behind first. But it's impossible with this defence. When we were 0-2 down, there was no other choice other than attack and it worked. Obviously the hostile reactions from the crowd got the team trying harder as well.

The best form of defence is attack. The players have shown how good they are going forward once the shackles are off. If we played that from the start we would have won comfortably and I'm sure we would have won alot more games at home in the past if we were free from the start.

The people who give credit to McLeish for yesterday haven't got a clue and in fact are disgraceful for not giving the players full credit because they are the ones who have shown what they could do once they're free to play attacking football. We have talented players in our side. We don't even need the defence that much cos we can be good on the ball if we're allowed to. We don't really need the defence for most of the game and a good job as well because we can't depend on those idiots.

If it had stayed 0-0 throughout, we wouldn't have seen us playing this way. No way.

Â