Predictions and general chat

BOF

Decker a dark horse? The guy who got over 1000 yards receiving with 13 TDs last year? The guy who was targeted 120+ times and hauled in 85 grabs. The guy who has already had a full season with Manning?

Something tells me he'll be pretty much covered on the field.

Maybe it was a poor turn of phrase on my part. Not many (if any) teams have 3 quality corner-backs. In that trio of Denver receivers, Decker is ranked #3. Therefore, opponents will put there 3rd cornerback on him, or risk leaving Demaryius Thomas or Wes Welker with an easier time of it by putting their 3rd corner on one of them instead. What I (poorly) meant by dark horse was that opponents will have to treat him as a #3 receiver when he is far from that in ability.

I may be wrong, but if Welker's playing the slot like I assume he will, then Decker will probably end up matched up against the #2 corner. Either away it's just a case of pick your poison, like you say.

Edited by kurtsimonw

No Fun League. Tuck needs his to protect against shoddy Cowboy linemen who like to yank his head around and injure his neck.

Only fair he gets to keep his seeing as he started the trend for others to copy.

Canty gets to keep his too following an eye injury in 2005.

Ravens sign Dallas Clark and Brandon Stokley. Happy with both those on 1 year deals. Great 3rd down guys and will provide some vet experience on the offense.

• Like 1

So it's banned, unless you've a reason in which case it's not banned. That's a load of balls if you ask me. If it's allowed for one player it should be allowed for all of them.

I may be wrong, but if Welker's playing the slot like I assume he will, then Decker will probably end up matched up against the #2 corner. Either away it's just a case of pick your poison, like you say.

Yeah I would assume Welker will play the slot. I just can't imagine a team would by silly enough to treat him as anything other than a primary target. But if they do then good luck to them :P

So it's banned, unless you've a reason in which case it's not banned. That's a load of balls if you ask me. If it's allowed for one player it should be allowed for all of them.

The NFL’s dress code limits face masks to four horizontal bars and three vertical bars.

A dresscode, for a mask........ :huh:

It's fun to micro-manage with a ridiculously pointless iron fist.  The NFL does a lot of things right.  I just wish they'd lighten up on the stuff that doesn't actually matter in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 2

Montario Hardesty's return from a hamstring injury didn't last long. Battling for a Cleveland Browns roster spot, the running back was forced from Monday's practice after injuring his right thumb on a high direct snap.

The NFL Players Association has "tentatively agreed" to human growth hormone testing and accompanying punishment for the 2013 regular season, according to a union memo obtained Tuesday by NFL.com's Albert Breer.

The memo says that a first offense for any player who tests positive for HGH will bring a four-game suspension. The NFLPA will allow the league to obtain 40 blood samples for HGH tests each week during the testing, according to the tentative agreement.

The NFL denies that an agreement has been finalized.

"We do not have yet a comprehensive agreement for HGH testing and decline to comment on the union's memo," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said.

Breer reported earlier this week that the sides agreed on all procedural aspects of HGH testing. The last sticking point remaining, according to Breer, is the appeals process and the presence of a neutral arbitrator. The memo from the NFLPA revealed some of the details of the testing.

Every player in the NFL will provide a blood sample in training camp for a "population study" that will determine what level of HGH will result in penalties, the union wrote in the memo. Eight players randomly will be chosen from five teams each week during the regular season for testing. The memo says the comprehensive agreement likely will be finalized soon.

Uh oh

4 games is the automatic. I heard they were gonna tag on 2 games because of some controversy over the sample being tampered or something? Which is hard to believe because in that case you'd expect a huge ban. It is his first offence in the NFL (he's not even in his 3rd year as you know) and it's a drug legal in Colorado. Ho hum.

It's fun to micro-manage with a ridiculously pointless iron fist.  The NFL does a lot of things right.  I just wish they'd lighten up on the stuff that doesn't actually matter in the grand scheme of things.

They are the Kremlin of sports leagues

Â