Photography?

trimandson

I keep meaning to give HDR a proper go but I see so many awful results that look totally false I give up on the idea

My first attempt at a bit of HDR:

risso20110413a.jpg

Tried not to overdo it but it's so tempting to just ramp all the settings up to maximum!

Is this Ramsey Bay, Risso? Port Lewaige to be precise??

Thanks lads for the kind words!

No worries, your photo of the bay is great, love that effect. Stick a few more up when you get the chance. I've thought about joining our local photography group but feel a bit intimidated if I'm honest.

Nice Risso!

Thanks Damian. Just been looking at your site and your photos are amazing, especially the portraits. I'm absolutely hopeless at portraits, just can't seem to get any decent shots at all, which isn't helped by a lacking of willing volunteers! Just working my way through your travel sets as well. Love the New York ones, you've really got an eye for unusual shots that just wouldn't occur to me in a million years.

Nice Risso!

Thanks Damian. Just been looking at your site and your photos are amazing, especially the portraits. I'm absolutely hopeless at portraits, just can't seem to get any decent shots at all, which isn't helped by a lacking of willing volunteers! Just working my way through your travel sets as well. Love the New York ones, you've really got an eye for unusual shots that just wouldn't occur to me in a million years.

Thanks Mate! We're all good at something ey :) That's why it's great you shared, inspiring image :) I'd love to do more landscape but it's about people for me at the moment. Basically because that's what I get paid to do. Though I think I'd love to just get paid to travel and take landscapes like yours!

Kodak photo competition – how to enter

WIN a Kodak EasyShare Max digital camera and a Pulse digital photo frame in our fabulous Spring photo competition

how to enter

Entries will consist of a portfolio of up to a maximum of five photographs. You can enter between one and five photographs to create a portfolio. They need not all be of the same destination, but should all highlight the theme of spring. They can be of anywhere in the UK or overseas. They need not be colour – however, spring is a very colourful time, so that may have a bearing on the judges’ views. Closing date is midnight on May 23, 2011, whereupon the final 12 will be selected for a vote on the tlm website.

To enter, you will need to upload your digital photographs by clicking here: http://dropbox.yousendit.com/tlm

To upload your pictures, simply go down to where it says “* Select a file”, then click the Browse button and navigate to where your images are stored on your PC, Mac, laptop, netbook or external hard drive. Select the first image. When that has finished uploading, click on “Add another file” and repeat the process each time until you have uploaded all the images you wish to enter.

You will also need to add the following information when you upload your images:

Please enter your email address where it says “Your email”

Please enter the following information in the “Subject” box *

Kodak Photo Competition

In the “Enter Message” box when you upload your pictures, you should enter your full name, town/city (plus area, if London).

Then, in the same box, give a short description of each photo entered. Keep it very brief, as the message area is a maximum of 100 characters.

Please also enter the same information in the panel opposite.

To return to the competition page, click here. See the Terms and Conditions below.

For more details on the Kodak EasyShare Max digital camera and Kodak Pulse 10-inch digital frame, go to www.kodak.com

To Enter click here

Some of you may be interested in this, I think some of the pictures taken in this thread are good enough.

Â