Photography?

trimandson

We'll funny you should mention that, not including the ones in my phones, I think its nine.

And once I've got the D70 serviced (it badly needs a sensor clean) it'll be on its way up to Wesham for you to borrow complete with two lenses

We'll funny you should mention that, not including the ones in my phones, I think its nine.

And once I've got the D70 serviced (it badly needs a sensor clean) it'll be on its way up to Wesham for you to borrow complete with two lenses

Subtle as a brick aint I....

You

Same Wall as before, from the exact same spot but with a fisheye lens. Not too much thought gone into it I was just pissing about. It does show the fence I had to shoot the other shot through though

fisheyetest01ow5.jpg

Love the urban landscape shot, exactly the sort of thing i like taking. Almost abstract.

I really like that as well.

Also looks good if you blank out the plants at the bottom - makes it a bit more mysterious.

Love the urban landscape shot, exactly the sort of thing i like taking. Almost abstract.

I really like that as well.

Also looks good if you blank out the plants at the bottom - makes it a bit more mysterious.

I know what you mean Peter but I took the decision not to crop on this one as its really only a test shot, I'm going to go back and this time shoot it in decent light and from the other side of the fence. closer up witha wider faster lens. I've had my eye on that wall for ages, I stare at it every time the missus needs to go to the dentist

I have this theory that closer up it won't need to be desaturated as there'll be very little colour anyway - a bit of rust maybe. Time'll tell

Tip of the day: Anybody with slr should grab a 50mm lens, or the equivalent if you want to be pedantic, and shoot just with that.

Bicks - got any kit bags you don't want? I need something large and shoulder style.. 2dlsr with lenses attached being the largest factor.

I've got a lowepro slingshot 200 AW spare, don't think its big enough for two bodies though. Have a look in a shop and see what you think

I'm doing a similar thing with my 105mm macro VR today. I'm taking a few lenses with me but thats the only lens my filter system works with right now (only one my current adaptors fit until I get to a camera shop). So the idea is to shoot some landscapes with my macro, the just to see if the filters are "invisible" on the new sensor but it also makes you move about to get the right shot, I've done it before and it is good training for the eye and makes you walk more :mrgreen:

Tip of the day: Anybody with slr should grab a 50mm lens, or the equivalent if you want to be pedantic, and shoot just with that.

Bicks - got any kit bags you don't want? I need something large and shoulder style.. 2dlsr with lenses attached being the largest factor.

I love my 50mm lens, the cheapest lens i could buy, but a vast improvement in image quality over the Canon kit lens. Would recommend it to anyone with a 350/400D as either their first lens to buy, or even just buy the body and get this as a kit lens.

• 2 weeks later...

tallship001jl4.jpg

A tall ship about to enter the Mersey about half an hour ago

gotta love that 400mm end of the lens, shot with tripod, remote release VR on

Not the greatest light, you won't be able to see it here but I am impressed with the sharpness at the 400mm end of the lens. Also impressed with the way the camera handled the light

ok then

some from hols

Some git's house...

dscn2013iu7.jpg

Portinatx bay in case anyone is thinking of going

dscn2079vt0.jpg

Aston's cave picture

dscn2044ht2.jpg

and one from Scotland in March

dscn1697ko8.jpg

I know most don't like 'snapshots' but I've not looked at doing much else just yet

I know this isn't ebay but it's relevant:

For sale:

Nikon d70s body, boxed as at retail and as new condition. Upgrading to d200.

£265 inc royal mail special delivery (or cash on collection for a little less)

Pm if interested

Â