Photography?

trimandson

.....errrr righty then :lol:

Can anyone do me a favour and see if this works ok? Trying to improve my website but knowing nothing about HTML ( but pedantic enough to want to do everything for myself! ) it's all rather trial and error! Current method just isn't sustainable as it's way too time consuming..

http://www.snappycat.co.uk/trial.html

would be interested to know what everyone else uses!

.....errrr righty then :lol:

Can anyone do me a favour and see if this works ok? Trying to improve my website but knowing nothing about HTML ( but pedantic enough to want to do everything for myself! ) it's all rather trial and error! Current method just isn't sustainable as it's way too time consuming..

http://www.snappycat.co.uk/trial.html

would be interested to know what everyone else uses!

It works, you might want to make some changes according to how you want the page to sit, like the title being central or to the left. I just discovered that with that simpleviewer i can use my scroll wheel on the mouse to go through the images once i´ve clicked on one of the thumbs. One thing I do is go into the files and take out the references that show up, in your case where it says simpleviewer.

I´m not html expert at all, mine is the first website I´ve ever done and it was total trial and error. I did one page on dreamweaver, then did some research on the net to see what i had to do to make it look how i wanted. Then following that I didn´t bother with dreamweaver, mainly because my pages are galleries, for which i use porta and web album generator. The former leaves the images the sharpest so I made all the albums in porta and replaced the images that produced with the ones in the web album generator folders to get them as good as I could. Guess I could do better but it´s doing it´s job I think.

One thing that helped/ helps me to learn is view page source and looking at the code. I´m not a programmer or anything so if i can do it, just about, then you will be able to.

Cheers for that - would like to take the references out, not hugely keen on black either but whenever I start playing about with colours I end up taking forever and then defaulting to black anyway! All I've done with it thus far is resize the box somewhat and reduce the size of the frames. When I first uploaded it I lost my home page for some unknown reason, am now slightly tentative about uploading another one in case I do something even more dramatic!

Trekka,

That's the camera I just bought. Nice piece of kit. I'm no expert but I like it.

Thanks mate, I've wanted a digi SLR for a while now. Nothing too expensive and nothing fancy but that does look good to begin with.

Has anyone done any courses with the Open College of the Arts?

Considering enrolling myself and just wondered if anyone had ever done one or looked into it.

Having done a previous online course organised by a magazine which had its good points and its very bad points, I'm a bit wary but it seems to tick all the right boxes. Affiliated with the Open University, the courses count towards a degree if you want to go down that route (considering this) and if you complete a lev 1 or 2 course and are a member of the RPS you automatically get a Licentiateship of the RPS (letters after your name ;) )

Anyway I doubt anyone here has but just in case I thought I'd ask for some feedback

I'd be interested in this, but I would want to be sure I had a future in photography to commit myself to the time and costs...hard to distinguish whether you want to have photography as your hobby and enjoy it or make it become your career where the enjoyment can be lost a little, as pressures kick in from the job

I'd be interested in this, but I would want to be sure I had a future in photography to commit myself to the time and costs...hard to distinguish whether you want to have photography as your hobby and enjoy it or make it become your career where the enjoyment can be lost a little, as pressures kick in from the job

Like my last 24 hours :) ask limpid, he can tell you I was stressed! Feel good now though as the job is almost ready for upload and release to the people waiting.

My first shot with my new camera (Olympus E-500). Quite impressed with it so far and that was point and shoot, without editing any settings etc

Say hello to Charlie

EDIT: High resolution so best if it's linked to..

Clicky!

Â