Photography?

trimandson

Was reading a review of the sigma 10-20 only t'other day. When I get round to buying my DX2s and a few lenses, thats going to be my Ultra Wide lens choice

I take it thats the 10mm end by the vertical distortion

Nice Shot btw B23, I also concur with Simon that the Canal shot is good too

Cheers guys! the living room shot was just a quick snap to test it out. Bicks, yes that was at 10mm.. I think I´ll be using it at that end more than the other, it´s pretty fun I have to be honest.

First & third for me, the horizon isn't level in the fourth but generally they are excellent

And I'm extremely jealour of the location, whee was it?

Horizon, yes, the water was flowing downhill at that point. :winkold:

It's Glen Etive, near Glencoe and Rannoch Moor (which is also amazingly photogenic, especially in winter).

Peterms - Third one for me (except for the horizon), lovely light. A couple of my mates were up that way this weekend too. Also photograph bods! (and Edinburgers)

Cat - I just finished reading a book i think you'd enjoy. The Complete Guide to Close-Up and Macro Photography, by Paul Harcourt Davies. It's aimed mainly at SLR users, but has a lot of stuff in it which i think you'd like. Very much your type of photography!

img1811ru7.jpg

These are a couple of my shots, using a Nikon D50 and either 18-55mm or Sigma 70-300mm :)

DSC_2734.jpg

DSC_2819.jpg

DSC_2993.jpg

DSC_3384.jpg

DSC_3356.jpg

DSC_3346.jpg

I'm quite serious about my Photography, I work professionally with some Canon gear for a Motorsport company at weekends, and really enjoy it :)

hope you like

drstupid - will certainly look out for that book, about time I started picking up some photography books ( problem being I have a pile of about 30 'to read' by my bedside at the moment!!!! )

holte villain - cracking shots, went to Renaults freebie World Series at Donington Park last year and it was a real buzz, am in mortal danger of becoming a very laddish lass!!!

Few from me, I love holidays - gives me oodles of time to play!!!! A ladybird in the garden, a couple of shots of a peacock at The Camp Inn at Grimley and a couple of my last butterfly drying out in the sun before flying away ( I'm totally bereft - sob sob! )

455264254_6671174570.jpg

454489476_7bd65622a2.jpg

454489460_4298bb2648.jpg

455627895_afaf23f01f.jpg

455606996_93f5208a0b.jpg

holte - Donington is not a habit I can afford to indulge! My photos from last year are here http://www.snappycat.co.uk/donington1.html . Not in the same league as yours but was happy with them as a first attempt ( I don't have an add-on zoom lens either!! ).

Incidentally I use a Canon S2 which whilst fully manual does have its limitations over a 'proper' DSLR. I seem to fare best with macro stuff as the Raynox DCR-250 I use does a stirling job for a £15 lens!!

Tell you what, thats a damn good camera for compact you know!

I thought you were using a dslr lol!!! Raynox do very good qualty add-on lenses, and for that price, jeez can't complain.

I also see you managed to take your camera to the Villa games, I doubt mine would make it in, the 70-300mm Sigma would give it away lol cracking shots on your site though, very well done :)

Aye the compact'ish' S2 can definitely go places the 70-300mm Sigma can't!!!! Can certainly see it still having a use when I scrape together enough pennys for an upgrade.

Â