Gym Routine

olboydave

Back to 155kg Deadlifts today for reps.

Only 2.5kg from my previous max. Should blow that out of the water before my bulk ends.

Bench and squats heading back up too but they're a bit further behind.

Soooooooooo many effin' squats! And then lunge holds, and then more squats!

Anyone have any advice on helping triceps? Keep in mind I have a shoulder injury. So quite a few tri workouts flare it up, and if it flares up I can't do my job. :(

Soooooooooo many effin' squats! And then lunge holds, and then more squats!

Anyone have any advice on helping triceps? Keep in mind I have a shoulder injury. So quite a few tri workouts flare it up, and if it flares up I can't do my job. :(

Get over to the cable and do some single arm pull downs. You keep your upper arm perfectly still and do it with a light weight, so there's no need to put undue stress on your shoulder.

• Like 1

I find that lat pulldowns with a very wide grip work the tricep as a secondary benefit. That all depends on the type of movement that flares your shoulder though. I'll also say skull crusher (again) as that doesn't hurt the shoulder. And again, depending on the shoulder injury, dips. I found they were tougher on my elbows than on anything else.

Anything compound won't be great on the shoulders so Dips, bench, lat pull downs etc would be no gos.

Isolation exercises is what you're after. I'm sure a quick google would bring up a fair few results that we can't even think of :)

Dips are very harsh, as are quite a few things above the head. I'll try pull downs. Looks like I'll be doing skull crushers for days. :)

Have you tried close grip bench? Just remember to squeeze those shoulder blades together and "break the bar" on the way down.

Starting to really enjoy this program(posted below) even though it's though as hell. (started puking the first time I did it). The 20 rep squat really gets your heart pumping so it gives you quite the proper cardio workout.
Did a 5 round stairs intervals(sprint 40 meters and 60 stair steps, walk back, repeat) followed by a 7km jog, finished off with a full sprint up a 120m long hill with 20% elevation the other day. This was done 1 1/2 month into the program without having done any cardio the past year, which I say is pretty decent.

(copy paste)

The New School Squats and Milk Routine

Monday

Wednesday

Friday

Edited by Skruff

Who just stayed and did another work out after work?.....ME! And I really really hope that's enough to make me sleep well. I can already say, two a days are not my favorite, but I did it.

Just back from 4th gym trip in a week. Never done that before. Enjoying the running and nearly back to 5x5x75 bench which is what I was at when I stopped Stronglifts. Feeling great :-) Now to abuse the liver!!

Â