Gym Routine

olboydave

Absolutely yes. Weightlifting shoes shouldn't be cushioned. I've seen people lift barefoot. Cushioned soles give your feet a false floor and makes balance & stability more difficult which can easily tweak your back.

Feel like I have hit a little plateau. Been lifting very much same, so am gonna shock the body over the next 2 weeks and really mix it up. Also cycling off my creatine for a few weeks, I feel great but def think that I'm plodding along.

Back up to 50 on the bench and felt comfortable...woooooohooooooo

There's little I find more satisfying than a successful heavy bench press. Probably helped by the fact that success means you avoided being crushed :) Well done :thumb:

Feel like I have hit a little plateau. Been lifting very much same, so am gonna shock the body over the next 2 weeks and really mix it up. Also cycling off my creatine for a few weeks, I feel great but def think that I'm plodding along.

I've been plateauing for about 6 weeks, which coincides with a period of me not taking any supplements. I tried to compensate for the lack of protein by eating an insane amount of eggs, but I've definitely hit a brick wall. In fact, I may even have gone backwards slightly. Thankfully I received a delivery from myprotein.com this morning and I'm looking to go again.

I also wonder if i've hit a bit of a limit for my size. I was previously quite slight, and am pushing a good amount for my size. I'm not convinced my body has much more to give without the aid of extreme training / unwanted supplements.

Edited by Shillzz

Dom creatine discuss. ... as I like a few here haven't used supplements. ...and to be fair anyone taking protein shakes ...do you guys find it a benefit

I've been taking creatine for 10 years now (on cycles). I find it the single best supplement bar protein. I am leaner, stronger and have more energy to push thru for more high weight reps.

I take liquid protein (50g) within 30 minutes of completing a workout. In addition to taking on 150g of other protein thru diet per day.

From my understanding getting it in liquid form 30 mins after workout is key in muscle growth as well as taking on 1.0-1.5g per lb of body weight per day. That's obviously very tough as I weigh 225lbs, but I do intake protein religiously every day at a minimum of 200g.

It's now been 10 months. With only a 2week break in June when I was in England and a 2 day break for family stuff in July. I even do an extra work out on some evenings to go along with my mornings. Several people have told me I look like I've lost weight....but I haven't. My diet has been changed three times and I'm now drinking a different protein shake for breakfast and lunch. (only been a week into that) I really have been far healthier eating wise than I ever use to be. But no weight or size has changed much. Granted when I pig out and do nothing I don't gain weight. I just feel like crap. So I'm not remotely giving up. It's just frustrating. I'm the ONLY person who is on this work out program and hasn't change drastically. I am stronger. Even though almost everyone else has lost weight or gained muscle definition I complete all of my sets faster and need more to do, especially with cardio and leg workouts no one can keep up. (I'm still weak on arms, but I have improved) the worst part is, I like being curvy, I simply wanted to drop one size or 12 lbs. I really just wanted to tone up. That's not a big goal. But it is frustrating that I can't achieve it. Still, someone who hadn't seen me in a few months told me how great I looked and wanted to know what I was doing. I just can't figure my body out!

Upside, I destroyed todays workout with ease, then my trainer destroyed me with 3 extra sets. :)

Sounds like you're your own worst critic and that it's actually working based on other people's opinions. Keep it up.

Just no loss of anything I suppose. But I'm not going to quit. It's not my style to give up on things. Plus, I always feel better from a work out :)

It's now been 10 months. With only a 2week break in June when I was in England and a 2 day break for family stuff in July. I even do an extra work out on some evenings to go along with my mornings. Several people have told me I look like I've lost weight....but I haven't. My diet has been changed three times and I'm now drinking a different protein shake for breakfast and lunch. (only been a week into that) I really have been far healthier eating wise than I ever use to be. But no weight or size has changed much. Granted when I pig out and do nothing I don't gain weight. I just feel like crap. So I'm not remotely giving up. It's just frustrating. I'm the ONLY person who is on this work out program and hasn't change drastically. I am stronger. Even though almost everyone else has lost weight or gained muscle definition I complete all of my sets faster and need more to do, especially with cardio and leg workouts no one can keep up. (I'm still weak on arms, but I have improved) the worst part is, I like being curvy, I simply wanted to drop one size or 12 lbs. I really just wanted to tone up. That's not a big goal. But it is frustrating that I can't achieve it. Still, someone who hadn't seen me in a few months told me how great I looked and wanted to know what I was doing. I just can't figure my body out!

Upside, I destroyed todays workout with ease, then my trainer destroyed me with 3 extra sets. :)

The thing that people will notice the most in anyone working out is your lats. Get a pull up bar at home and do 10x3 reps every two days and your frame will grow a lot in very little time. Couple this with drinking a 100% protein shake within 30 minutes of this and you'll find that you'll get a v-shape very quickly. These muscles are the biggest muscles above the waist and respond really well to exercise. If you just want to tone your muscles it's almost always best to try to use your body in resistance training rather than lifting weights, it also allows you to not have to go to a gym to train.

Another positive is that this exercise also trains your biceps and pecs as a secondary effect, and with some good back strength you can work your abs better than anything with a pull up bar.  

I've been taking creatine for 10 years now (on cycles). I find it the single best supplement bar protein. I am leaner, stronger and have more energy to push thru for more high weight reps.

I take liquid protein (50g) within 30 minutes of completing a workout. In addition to taking on 150g of other protein thru diet per day.

From my understanding getting it in liquid form 30 mins after workout is key in muscle growth as well as taking on 1.0-1.5g per lb of body weight per day. That's obviously very tough as I weigh 225lbs, but I do intake protein religiously every day at a minimum of 200g.

On a recent talk in the gym by the local "vitamin shop" it been recommend to me to start using either "gold standard" (twice a day) or isatc isolate (once a day) to supplement the workout aid recovery etc etc 

Is creatine ment to give you more energy ? I herd its a bitch for water retention and bloating 

The thing that people will notice the most in anyone working out is your lats. Get a pull up bar at home and do 10x3 reps every two days and your frame will grow a lot in very little time. Couple this with drinking a 100% protein shake within 30 minutes of this and you'll find that you'll get a v-shape very quickly. These muscles are the biggest muscles above the waist and respond really well to exercise. If you just want to tone your muscles it's almost always best to try to use your body in resistance training rather than lifting weights, it also allows you to not have to go to a gym to train.

Another positive is that this exercise also trains your biceps and pecs as a secondary effect, and with some good back strength you can work your abs better than anything with a pull up bar.  

I really appreciate this, and I will try something similar out. But the pull up bar situation isn't possible. My left shoulder ( teres major/minor,rhomboid, and part of the left lat) was damaged greatly in a car accident. I have strengthened it really well over time but there are just certain things that would flare it all up and then I can't do my job for a day or two. Kind of why my upper body is so much weaker than my lower. But I will definitely try some variation.

Thank You!

On a recent talk in the gym by the local "vitamin shop" it been recommend to me to start using either "gold standard" (twice a day) or isatc isolate (once a day) to supplement the workout aid recovery etc etc

Is creatine ment to give you more energy ? I herd its a bitch for water retention and bloating

From my limited knowledge. Yes creatine builds the muscle mass thru water retention but it also gives you that push to do more reps/weight. I have used it and had no problem with bloating.

I also take some other stuff that has really benefited me but don't know if my old lad will fall off in a few years because of it!!

• 2 weeks later...

Benching going well im over the "fear"  loving the moment when you drive it up and you can feel the arms really kick in ......on another note I took a lump out of the top of my knee on the deadlift without knowing thought I only hardly touched it 

Â