Romantic Getaways

daz316

Believe it or not I've managed to get into a bit of a serious relationship despite the amount of worrying I do!

Anyway, I'm looking to take her away for the weekend of the bank holiday....or the weekend before depending on price.

Someone has suggested a log cabin which sounds great, so I just wondered if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on a scenic retreat or something of that nature?

Charles Cotton hotel in Hartington at the top of Dove Dale is nice this time of year. Not five star but good enough, very scenic, decent grub and only about an hour and a half drive from Brum.

Forgot to say ill be limited to places in the uk. Really struggling as I want to make it really special and ill be worried anyway as we'll be spending a whole weekend together so ill be very nervous anyway! Need somewhere quiet but with enough to do to keep us entertained to stop us getting bored!!

Charles Cotton hotel in Hartington at the top of Dove Dale is nice this time of year. Not five star but good enough, very scenic, decent grub and only about an hour and a half drive from Brum.

Jon is 100% right Dovedale is very nice, often go there as it's local. But as you are planning to go over a bank holiday weekend I would avoid as it gets full of tourists and it can be a pain

Forgot to say ill be limited to places in the uk. Really struggling as I want to make it really special and ill be worried anyway as we'll be spending a whole weekend together so ill be very nervous anyway! Need somewhere quiet but with enough to do to keep us entertained to stop us getting bored!!

York ticks all of those boxes. Loads of good hotels, good things to do, have a boat trip, if the lady fancies a bit of shopping then lots of that (including decent outlet mall thing). Lots of sights and good pubs for the evening from the very busy through to the small "inn" type.

Stop at somewhere like the Marriott, again ticks all the boxes that you specified

Jon is 100% right Dovedale is very nice, often go there as it's local. But as you are planning to go over a bank holiday weekend I would avoid as it gets full of tourists and it can be a pain

Just curious what there is to do in dovedale. I remember going to hartington when little. Wouldn't mind a few days away with the mrs and little one.

There are some nice pubs in Dovedale area. Mainly walks and the like, its pretty much countryside activities. I like Ilam as a village a lot, some cracking bits near the river, good for photo's etc.

Â