Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

The last caller saying about why O Neill was not given the money we used to buy Bent was simple Lerner did not trust him with the money.

I wonder about this as well.

Randy said to MON you've got to "sell-to-buy" hinting that finances were tight/not available.

Houllier comes in and suddenly we've got £25m+ lying around for GH to use?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No to Moyes. No to Hughes.

Comon guys have some ambition. We need a Deschamps a rijkaard a Klinsman, Ancelotti even a Jol maybe.

What we dont want is a regular manager (i.e above) who will not progress our side with quality football and certainly not keep our players at our club.

Moyes has shown his ambition by staying with Everton for so long without money, he is still saying he is happy there even now. Hughes, not good enough for City, so not good enough for us. How some people rate these guys anywhere near as good as Houllier your insane!

The last caller saying about why O Neill was not given the money we used to buy Bent was simple Lerner did not trust him with the money.

Randy said to MON you've got to "sell-to-buy" hinting that finances were tight/not available.

Harewood - 5m, Heskey - 3m, Davies - 8m, Beye - 3m etc etc.

Spent on shit instead of players who can improve us...

fairly sure what randy ACTUALLY said to mon was more along the lines of "im fed **** up paying the wages of shit signings you never **** play, so sort your mess out or you're not getting a penny from the big mountains of cash ive got to put into the club"

Comon guys have some ambition. We need a Deschamps a rijkaard a Klinsman, Ancelotti even a Jol maybe.

What we dont want is a regular manager (i.e above) who will not progress our side with quality football and certainly not keep our players at our club.

Moyes has shown his ambition by staying with Everton for so long without money, he is still saying he is happy there even now. Hughes, not good enough for City, so not good enough for us. How some people rate these guys anywhere near as good as Houllier your insane!

Klinsmann, not good enough for Bayern, so not good enough for us

Ancelotti, not good enough for Chelsea, so not good enough for us

Jol, not good enough for Spurs, so not good enough for us

Rijkaard, not good enough for Sparta Rotterdam, so not good enough for us

What was funny? I tuned in and he said Mark Hughes and then went to the bladdy Speedway!!

Some bloke called Dennis rang up. Kept saying Lerner as if it was spelt like Learner.

Said Lerner is destroying the club and hasn't done anything for us. The host went on to say he's spent over 100m on transfers and club development and the guy refused to believe it. He then said we're just selling all the time and Randy is putting no money in.

Then when asked who he wanted as manager he said Gary McAlister who apparently saved our season :crylaugh:

That's got to be a bluenose!!!

It was one little quote!

Ok I dont like hughes because.........................He's won **** all.

Better!!!

The huge difference is City were aiming for the same as us, yet Hughes failed to achieve despite being given more resources than he'd have here. Why will he suddenly do here what he failed to do at City, with less?

You could make the same argument with Jol, but the others were "not good enough" in entirely different situations (especially Ancelotti).

We need stability, out of all the names mentioned I think we would only get that from two of them, Moyes and Hughes. The others would be off if a bigger club in Europe come knocking on the door at B6.

Get the feeling it is a Dennis thing to talk bollocks.

Deschamps makes sense the more I think about it, I am sorry but I am not sure about Hughes but saying that, if I don't like a manager I will not moan, cry and ruin things for others. he will have my 100% backing.

Not sure about Moyes yet, certainly not Hughes,

I think if i had a choice and you could get him I'd take Deschamps, if not then Ancelotti with wilkins, I think they could actually prove to be a great Villa Management team supported by K Mac and Gordon Cowans

I would be happy with Hughes, Moyes, Ancelotti, Deschamps or Klinsmann. I think all of those could do a job. Only time will tell whether they do or not if they are employed by us...

Deschamps makes sense the more I think about it, I am sorry but I am not sure about Hughes but saying that, if I don't like a manager I will not moan, cry and ruin things for others. he will have my 100% backing.

Even if it was Avram Grant?

Hughes, not good enough for city, so not good enough for us

who ever we get im looking at it this way.......we carnt do any worse than gh, from day 1 gh has been wrong,the list of lows is endless from the pr disaster at liverpool,loss to blues/wba/ fighting the drop! finishing 9th has masked a lot wrong IMHO, randy carnt make the same mistake again. there's a few names around. lets not dilly around till 4 days to go i plead.act fast & get the right man in,who ever we get the flavour wont suit every ones taste.

Even if it was Avram Grant?

More chance of it being Baron Silas Greenback but if it was, like I said I would back the manager.