Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Before anyone calls me racist, I just feel that we were better suited to having a British manager with a lot of good, young English talent (didn't we have 7 players called into an England squad once?)

We had 5 this february, under GH. Not bad for a non-british manager, eh?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

British jobs for British people! :x

Before anyone calls me racist, I just feel that we were better suited to having a British manager with a lot of good, young English talent (didn't we have 7 players called into an England squad once?)

So our players are English, means we should have an English manager?

Problem is finding a good one. Other problem is that other foreign managers are still able to bring through English youth. At the end of the day, clubs need to have so many homegrown players now to play in Europe so that aspect will not be overlooked.

A foreign manager will most likely look to bring in foreign talent.

Look how many Spaniards Benitez bought at Liverpool.

Also Arsenal have lots of home-grown players who aren't English (Fabregas, Bentdner etc)

I dont care if he cant speak English so long as we start winning again and challenging for honours

Surely that's a joke.

Look at the farce England have become since appointing Fabio 'I only need 100 English words' Capello.

Also Arsenal have lots of home-grown players who aren't English (Fabregas, Bentdner etc)

And these teams are better than AstonVilla.

Fabregas didnt learn the game at Arsenal he spent 6 years at Barcelona.

Whats wrong with foreign players?

Nothing, I'm just saying I liked how we were regarded as a club under MON.

Everyone used to say how they liked Villa since we had a likeable manager and we had a lot of young exciting English talent - Ash Young, Milner, Davies, Agbonlahor, Barry, Downing, Luke Young, Heskey etc etc

Also, we were regared as an exciting counter attacking side with lots of pace (Agbonalhor, Ash Young, Milner/Downing etc)

Everyone used to say how they liked Villa since we had a likeable manager and we had a lot of young exciting English talent - Ash Young, Milner, Davies, Agbonlahor, Barry, Downing, Luke Young, Heskey etc etc

Also, we were regared as an exciting counter attacking side with lots of pace (Agbonalhor, Ash Young, Milner/Downing etc)

IMO we played a lot of shite hoof football, smash it up to Carew or Heskey, we would have never won much with an English only attitude.

Even with Barry and Milner we were regarded as one dimensional, kick and rush football that was tedious to watch.

Young English talent was a media driven phrase of the worst kind. You do know St.Martin was a republican?

Depends who the foreign manager is. Some British managers will bring in lots of foreign players and some foreign managers will bring in lots of British players. I think there needs to be a good balance.

Your theory isn't always true.Houllier's signed five players since he came to Villa (two of them loans) and two out of the five have been English. In fact it is the English players (Walker and Bent) who have been the signings he's used the most.

Oh yeah, and as good as our counter-attacking was at times it has a glass ceiling and often didn't work. We lacked a plan B.

Yes I liked how we were regarded but in all honesty its left us with an over inflated wage bill and in a relegation battle as soon as the manager left. Add to that I'd rather we did stuff for our club like do well in the league and challenge for cups over being well-liked and if a foreign manager is the way to do that then so be it.

young exciting English talent

Luke Young, Heskey

Errrr YOUNG :)

:lol:

fran, we very nearly did win something though if you recall.

And we spent a lot of the season in the upper echloens of the table.

young exciting English talent

Luke Young, Heskey

Errrr YOUNG :)

:lol:

fran, we very nearly did win something though if you recall.

And we spent a lot of the season in the upper echloens of the table.

Did we win anything though??. The team on the day the had quality from outside England won as far as i remember.

Anyone seen the vague link to Quique Sanchez Flores (Ath Madrid)?

Quite a few vague links, I'd be quite excited should we take the risk and appoint him, young, passionate, exciting guy. Rather him than Benitez!

IMO we played a lot of shite hoof football, smash it up to Carew or Heskey, we would have never won much with an English only attitude.

MON

06/07 - 43 goals for, 41 goals against GD +2

07/08 - 71 goals for, 51 goals against GD +20

08/09 - 54 goals for, 48 goals against GD +6

09/10 - 52 goals for, 39 goals against GD +13

KMac, GH & GMac

10/11 - 45 goals for, 58 goals against GD -13

Shite hoof football please :D

MON

06/07 - 43 goals for, 41 goals against GD +2

07/08 - 71 goals for, 51 goals against GD +20

08/09 - 54 goals for, 48 goals against GD +6

09/10 - 52 goals for, 39 goals against GD +13

KMac, GH & GMac

10/11 - 45 goals for, 58 goals against GD -13

Shite hoof football please :D

And blow millions and millions every year!

Please.................... We could manage a football team like this. Have millions to spend and keep spending it until finally it runs out and you have no plan B of how to stay top six with out it!!!!