Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take FSW, dont understand all the animosity towards him at the moment.

We're not going to get another Oneill for a decade or so, so I think people are going to have to find a way to welcome the likes of Hughes, FSW or (at a push) Moyes.

Do you think people want another St.Martin? :shock:

A worryingly high amount of people still seem to think highly of him so yeah, I would imagine a few do.

There is a difference between thinking highly of him and thinking that he did a decent job, especially in comparison to what we've been served this season.

I think he's a total arsehole but I still regret him leaving, same with Jimmy Mil.

Just to clarify (should probably have made myself a bit clearer), when Oneill came along, he was pretty much the top rated British manager around (with the obvious exception). He was unanimously greeted by all Villa fans, and we all knew we were lucky to have him. I'm not really talking about what he did, or didnt do, after that, but the amount of expectation and kudos that he brought with him.

It'll be a while before we get another manager that instills so much hope and unanity into the club.

I can't believe some think Rafa Benitez will be a great manager for us. How does he even fit into our criteria?

What criteria is that great mate?

Making more use of our foundation, trimming wage bill down and having a good transfer record.

Rafa seems to need millions spend to compete and lately spends it on crap. How much did have to rely on Gerrard and Torres in his final time at Liverpool?

I can't believe some think Rafa Benitez will be a great manager for us. How does he even fit into our criteria?

What criteria is that great mate?

Making more use of our foundation, trimming wage bill down and having a good transfer record.

Rafa seems to need millions spend to compete and lately spends it on crap. How much did have to rely on Gerrard and Torres in his final time at Liverpool?

I agree I dont want rafa, see earlier posts, I just didnt know there was any criteria for a new appointment.

I'd take FSW, dont understand all the animosity towards him at the moment.

We're not going to get another Oneill for a decade or so, so I think people are going to have to find a way to welcome the likes of Hughes, FSW or (at a push) Moyes.

Do you think people want another St.Martin? :shock:

A worryingly high amount of people still seem to think highly of him so yeah, I would imagine a few do.

There is a difference between thinking highly of him and thinking that he did a decent job, especially in comparison to what we've been served this season.

I think he's a total arsehole but I still regret him leaving, same with Jimmy Mil.

Just to clarify (should probably have made myself a bit clearer), when Oneill came along, he was pretty much the top rated British manager around (with the obvious exception). He was unanimously greeted by all Villa fans, and we all knew we were lucky to have him. I'm not really talking about what he did, or didnt do, after that, but the amount of expectation and kudos that he brought with him.

It'll be a while before we get another manager that instills so much hope and unanity into the club.

Yeah I must admit it was the best moment of my football life when MON became our manager with a billionaire chairman on board. I was too young when I watched us win the Carling Cup (coca-cola in that time I think) to really appreciate the club.

But when MON wasted money on Harewood and Davies, I didn't think we would mount up to anything with him. :(

Yeah I must admit it was the best moment of my football life when MON became our manager with a billionaire chairman on board. I was too young when I watched us win the Carling Cup (coca-cola in that time I think) to really appreciate the club

Indeed, this is exactly what I meant.

Like it or not, the next era of Aston Villa FC won't be welcomed with the same level of excitement and hope.

It would be perfectly in line with a seemingly never-ending stream of embarrassments surrounding AVFC

Why would it?

By the time Benitez was sacked, he was a laughing stock (mad press conferences/woeful transfers/poor performances/etc) and was arguably the most universally disliked manager in the league.

He has, since that time, done nothing to rebuild his reputation. I think if we appointed him, having already appointed GH a year prior, it would be incredibly embarassing for our club.

Yeah I must admit it was the best moment of my football life when MON became our manager with a billionaire chairman on board. I was too young when I watched us win the Carling Cup (coca-cola in that time I think) to really appreciate the club

Like it or not, the next era of Aston Villa FC won't be welcomed with the same level of excitement and hope.

Why? How do you know?

Slightly off topic but if Chelski want the best out of Torres then they'll hire Benitez ... in truth this is the job he's probably holding out for.

Benitez ran Torres into the ground at plop. I'd agree Benitez is awaiting a grandeur appointment.

Is worth remembering just how farcical Benitez's transfers at Liverpool had become.

The sheer ammount of players he bought only to sell on a season or two later was quite remarkable.

Is also debatable if he left a Liverpool squad any better than the one he inherited from Houllier.

Depends on who or if an appointment is made to.

I'd suggest a lot of ST's are awaiting this before they renew.

Why? How do you know?

It's a disguised prediction - you know this. But I think he's probably right. Ellis appointed MON, not Randy. I'm not sure I back Randy to appoint the right man now.

By the time Benitez was sacked, he was a laughing stock (mad press conferences/woeful transfers/poor performances/etc) and was arguably the most universally disliked manager in the league.

He has, since that time, done nothing to rebuild his reputation. I think if we appointed him, having already appointed GH a year prior, it would be incredibly embarassing for our club.

I am never embarrassed by our club no matter what happens because I couldnt careless what anyone else thinks about the club.

As for Rafa, well yes his later time at Liverpool wasnt great but he still won the CL and FA Cup, had enough rep to sign Torres and challenged for the league. Again his time at Inter wasnt great but whoever went there was on a hiding to nothing. The team had just won the treble with arguably not the strongest squad in each of the respected competitions, it was only one way from there. He managed a win rate of over 50% at Tenerife, Valencia, Liverpool and still nearly managed that at Inter. I'd more than have some of that for a few mad interviews. Oh and who cares whether he is liked by other people in the premier league?

Who knows if he would be good for us or not but to say it would be embarrassing is another typical overreation from VT.

Pissing me off the amount of Liverpool fans having a go at Villa fans for not wanting Benitez. Acting as if Villa are a nothing club and we should be grateful for having the chance to even talk to him. **** off. Hate Liverpool fans and their over-inflated idea of 'their' club, when most of them live nowhere near Liverpool or have no connections to the club. They decided to support Liverpool because ITV used to make out they had the best fans in the world on Champions League games and they had orgasms over the Kop when in fact it is just a normal football stand. Nothing special at all, although they think they are.