Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I don't think there's necessarily a friendshp between Lambert and O'Neill ... I just think their management careers have followed the same paths - in fact having both managed Wycombe and Norwich, lamberts natural next managers job is at Villa !

Wrong! If you watched Lambert's interview on Soccer Saturday, he mentioned that he rings up MON for advice on management so I'd say their is a pretty strong friendship. Not that i'd think it'd have an impact on Paul coming to Villa or not, as i'm pretty sure he's his own man and would meet Randy himself before making a judgement.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guillem Balague said on twitter that depending on what happens with Houllier, Benitez and Sanchez Flores are both on the "list". He says Quique Sanchez Flores doesn't know anything about Aston Villa but suspects he would like to manage in the Premier League at some point. Benitez has received numerous offers but is "waiting for the right one".

Guillem Balague knows **** all about anything. He's barely, if ever, accurate when he's talking about the spanish league nevermind the prem. Can't imagine he has any contacts inside Villa.

He has some contacts, I know for a fact he is friendly with Rafa Benitez. He also called everything in the Torres move straight from the off when nobody believed him. He also said Arteta was going nowhere last year when everyone was convinced he was leaving.

Sure, he's probably off with some things but football changes in a matter of moments, one minute can be on, one minute can be off. I'm pretty sure he would know more than me and you..

Benitez, despite the way he pissed us about with Barry, was complimentary about Villa on a few occasions - saying how the club was run was how he was trying to convince Liverpool to do.

As a person I don't particularly like him. As a manager - he's fantastically qualified.

Do we want a manager who was sacked TWICE in the same year and do we really want ANOTHER ex Liverpool manager?

Why the **** would it matter which club he has managed in the past? The fact that he's managed Liverpool, a bigger and more successful club is a problem how? The fact that he won the European Cup there is a problem too, I presume?

He left Liverpool, and Inter, after falling out with the people in charge there. In fact, he falls out with his owners everywhere he's been.

He finished below us last season and left Liverpool with average players like MON has with us.

Also his tactics and vision caused Inter Milan to drop alot.

We need to stop looking at past achievements. We might as well be interested in Ramos if we're interested in Rafa.

I'd take FSW, dont understand all the animosity towards him at the moment.

We're not going to get another Oneill for a decade or so, so I think people are going to have to find a way to welcome the likes of Hughes, FSW or (at a push) Moyes.

Do you think people want another St.Martin? :shock:

We're not going to get another Oneill for a decade or so, so I think people are going to have to find a way to welcome the likes of Hughes, FSW or (at a push) Moyes.

Bloody hell he's not a messiah, he's a man who did well with us understandably but he's no Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho

A worryingly high amount of people still seem to think highly of him so yeah, I would imagine a few do.

I think some people would only be happy if it was St. Martin.

A worryingly high amount of people still seem to think highly of him so yeah, I would imagine a few do.

There is a difference between thinking highly of him and thinking that he did a decent job, especially in comparison to what we've been served this season.

I think he's a total arsehole but I still regret him leaving, same with Jimmy Mil.

Wrong! If you watched Lambert's interview on Soccer Saturday, he mentioned that he rings up MON for advice on management so I'd say their is a pretty strong friendship. Not that i'd think it'd have an impact on Paul coming to Villa or not, as i'm pretty sure he's his own man and would meet Randy himself before making a judgement.

1) Hiddink

2) Hiddink

3) Hiddink

wouldnt say no!

It isnt going to happen though is it?

No, he's not keen on a return to Chelsea, he's on £10m a year as Russia's coach and in no rush to leave

1) Hiddink

2) Hiddink

3) Hiddink

wouldnt say no!

It isnt going to happen though is it?

No, he's not keen on a return to Chelsea, he's on £10m a year as Russia's coach and in no rush to leave

Turkey's coach I think you'll find and he wont be coming to Villa.

Guillem Balague said on twitter that depending on what happens with Houllier, Benitez and Sanchez Flores are both on the "list". He says Quique Sanchez Flores doesn't know anything about Aston Villa but suspects he would like to manage in the Premier League at some point. Benitez has received numerous offers but is "waiting for the right one".

Guillem Balague knows **** all about anything. He's barely, if ever, accurate when he's talking about the spanish league nevermind the prem. Can't imagine he has any contacts inside Villa.

Didn't he ghostwrite Benitez's autobiography? He might know nothing about anyone else, but he's supposedly fairly good mates with the FSW.

Benitez would be a great manager for us.