So...Who Is Staying Up?

villafan306

Who Will Stay Up?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Stay Up?

• Pompey
    • SHA
    • WBA

Another night, another twist in the relegation saga - here is the table as it stands:

17. Small Heath -21 32

----------------------------------

18. Portsmouth -25 32

19. West Brom -23 29

20. Sunderland -39 12

Remainnig Fixtures:

Small Heath

Everton (A)

Newcastle (H)

Bolton (A)

Pompey

Sunderland (H)

Wigan (A)

Liverpool (H)

West Brom

Newcastle (A)

West Ham {H}

Everton (A)

Going to go right to the death. Small Heath winning their next two isn't out of the question and Bolton are out of form, yet will be tough to beat at home.

Depends on how pompey bounce back from that defeat on Monday. Again, they could easily win their next two. If Liverpool make the cup final they'll probably put a weakened side out too.

Wouldn't like to call it!

Baggies have gone.

I still think Pompey, they will beat Sunderland and I would back them to get a win out of either Liverpool or Wigan. I can see SHA beating Newcastle as their recent home form is good but still think they'll struggle to get a win at either Everton or Bolton.

Actually the one thing that is bugging me and suggesting that SHA will stay up is their superior goal difference over Pompey (better by 4) so ideally need Pompey to get a good win over Sunderland which shouldn't be too hard by a 2 or 3 goal margin which will SHA losing will make it and will benefit Pompey as they have scored more goals if It's level on goal difference!

sunderland drew with man utd, they have pride and it'll be tough

going to go to the last day i think but pompey should edge it

pompey 2-0 sunderland

everton 2-1 birmingham

birmingham 1-1 newcastle

wigan 2-1 portsmouth

bolton 1-1 birmingham

portsmoutth 1-2 liverpool

portsmotuh to stay up by one piint

I can see Pompey beating Sunderland, and losing the other 2. I can see Blues beating Newcastle, and losing the other 2. That means they'd probably stay up on GD!

maybe the shit aren't going down :(

Going to go right to the death. Small Heath winning their next two isn't out of the question and Bolton are out of form, yet will be tough to beat at home.

Depends on how pompey bounce back from that defeat on Monday. Again, they could easily win their next two. If Liverpool make the cup final they'll probably put a weakened side out too.

Wouldn't like to call it!

Depends if they are still in the hunt for second place

People saying pompey are talking from their heart and not their head.

sha have the advantage.

How? Pompey have two home games. One of which is the worst team ever. An away game against a side that hadn't won at home since December until they met us.

Blues very rarely win away. They've won 2 away games this season if they're lucky.....they now have to double that tally. And they've got a rejuvenated Newcastle going for europe.

Advantage Pompey for me.

Birmingham's survival hopes are dealt a huge blow :lol:

Blues hit by more injury problems

Birmingham manager Steve Bruce's joy at moving out of the Premiership bottom three has been tempered by further injury setbacks.

Winger Jermaine Pennant and striker Emile Heskey suffered groin and ankle injuries respectively in the 2-1 home win over Blackburn on Wednesday night.

The key duo are already rated doubtful for Saturday's clash with Everton at Goodison Park and join a casualty list which has lengthened in the past five days.

Playmaker David Dunn, leading scorer Jiri Jarosik and winger Stan Lazaridis are also unlikely to have recovered from various setbacks in time for the weekend.

In addition, Matthew Upson is starting on the long road back to fitness after undergoing surgery on his ruptured Achilles tendon which he suffered in the warm-up against Aston Villa on Sunday.

Bruce said: "I came into a press conference last Friday all bright and bubbly about having a full squad to choose from for just about the first time this season.

"Then within 48 hours Jarosik has done his hamstring in training, Upson has ruptured his Achilles against Aston Villa and Dunny has damaged his calf inside the first 15 minutes of the same game.

"Now we've lost Pennant and Heskey in the next match with Blackburn.

"Pennant has got a groin injury. He hurt that in the first 30 seconds taking the first free-kick while Heskey has gone over on his ankle and had to come off.

"Lazaridis is struggling desperately with a groin, Jarosik is nowhere near ready, and Dunn has no chance. Muzzy Izzet might have a chance for Saturday but his knee is very sore.

"It's absolutely horrendous how we keep picking up one injury after the other. Even when we win a game, things are tempered by yet more injuries and now I've more to ponder over for Saturday."

So they're left with a team of this?!

Taylor

Tebily Cunningham Taylor Sadler

Melchoit Johnson Dunn Gray

Sutton Forssell

Subs; ??????????

Serously, if Everton don't get at least a draw at HOME to that team, there should be an F.A investigation!

Â