So...Who Is Staying Up?

villafan306

Who Will Stay Up?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Stay Up?

• Pompey
    • SHA
    • WBA

People saying pompey are talking from their heart and not their head.

sha have the advantage.

They do after last night Richard, but up to that they didn't. Also, Pompey have 2 home games, SHA have 1. That could be a massive difference in the end. Even if we take goal difference into account as that's not too dissimilar between them. I still think Pompey are staying up.

Here's one. Pompey have loads of money. They've been one of the better teams in the league since Harry got them clicking. It's quite likely that with decent investment in the summer Pompey will not be one of the worse teams in the league next season - certainly nowhere near as bad as they were this season. If they stay up they will likely finish above us next year.

If the noses stay up they could be a healthy few points for us. They don't have the money Pompey have to strengthen with, and with the recent relegation scare they'll likely be wary about spending - long story short there's a good chance of them finishing below us next season.

Who would you WANT to go down if it meant us having 2 easier fixtures next year ? I'd say Pompey will be a damn site harder to beat than SHA next year so it might be worth our while if fistface succeeds.

sha have the advantage.

They do after last night Richard, but up to that they didn't. Also, Pompey have 2 home games, SHA have 1. That could be a massive difference in the end. Even if we take goal difference into account as that's not too dissimilar between them. I still think Pompey are staying up.

Here's one. Pompey have loads of money. They've been one of the better teams in the league since Harry got them clicking. It's quite likely that with decent investment in the summer Pompey will not be one of the worse teams in the league next season - certainly nowhere near as bad as they were this season. If they stay up they will likely finish above us next year.

If the noses stay up they could be a healthy few points for us. They don't have the money Pompey have to strengthen with, and with the recent relegation scare they'll likely be wary about spending - long story short there's a good chance of them finishing below us next season.

Who would you WANT to go down if it meant us having 2 easier fixtures next year ? I'd say Pompey will be a damn site harder to beat than SHA next year so it might be worth our while if fistface succeeds.

The man has a point. Beating them has been the highlight of what has been a dire season.

sha have the advantage.

The man has a point. Beating them has been the highlight of what has been a dire season.

and if you lose you never hear the end of it.

Also, I don't think Pompey will finish above us next and season, and if Blues have less injuries next season then they might get mid table like the 3 seasons prior to this.

Dunn is out for the rest of the season too

:D

Seriously thought I do feel sorry for Dunn and Upson - rushed back to fitness and then maybe having their careers cut short because of having to play when not fully fit.

a big indicater will be this weekend.

you have to pick pompey to pick up 3 points against sunderland, and blues will lose to evernot, leaving 2 games and 3 point gap.

pompey will beat wigan and draw against liverpool, blues will beat newcastle and lose to bolton.

pompey for me, not a case of heart ruling the mind, but its how it will be.

Yes but what makes people think we will do the double over them again? i cant. id rather play pompey we have a very good record against them since they ahve been up. only lost once. blose deserve to go down they ahve been in the bottom three since before xmas. come on [pompey

Here is the situation with two games to go:

17. Portsmouth -24 35

----------------------------------

18. Small Heath -21 33

19. West Brom -26 29

20. Sunderland -40 12

Remaining Fixtures:

Small Heath

Newcastle (H)

Bolton (A)

Pompey

Wigan (A)

Liverpool (H)

West Brom

West Ham {H}

Everton (A)

Don't I know it!

SHA's injury problems at the moment mean that they will be withuot Dunn and Upson, Pennant and Heskey were risks for today's game so they may be out for next week, Johnson took a nasty knock and had his head cut open (in fairness to him he stuck at it and played the rest of the game) and Butt will be ineligible next week.

Pompey should have most players back for their game against Wigan.

And nobody really cares about WBA as they need to win both and Pompey lose both for them to stay up which won't be happening.

Guest RantinRob

Just been listening to the Yam yams on WM..................can't understand why they are all so "gutted" - it's been coming for ages, and they ARE shite.....

Excellent results day although it didn't look that way when Bunderland went 1-0 up........

The way I see it the most SHA can get from their last two games is 4 points as they are playing two teams in UEFA cup 6th place contention. Their form at the Sty is quite good so they have a decent chance of beating newcastle but I can't see them beating Bolton at the reebok so draw at most. That would require Pompey needing a win from a nothing to play for Wigan and a Liverpool side with an eye on the cup final. But if Small Heath lose at Bolton, they'll only need two draws to stay up.

All in all, it's looking good. :)

I would say it is better than that Soccer, Newky are playing well and not conceeding and blooz can not score ...

If I am right but qa Blooz-Newky draw and a Pompey win is enough .....

Who is on live sky next week ?

I would say it is better than that Soccer, Newky are playing well and not conceeding and blooz can not score ...

If I am right but qa Blooz-Newky draw and a Pompey win is enough .....

Who is on live sky next week ?

True but the last two teams with European contention to go to the Syt- Bolton and Blackburn have been fecking terrible and Chelsea could only draw plus Newcastle are missing quite a few players (although Owen will probably make an appearence) but it would be quite ironic if Solano scored the goal that relegated them!

Lua lua and Mendes should be back for Pompey next week and they should make the difference to get pompey the win they need from the last 2 games.

Sky games next week are Chelsea-manure and Spurs-Bolton. prem + for some reason have Charlton-blackburn. :shock:

Blues are ****, Newcastle next week after a UEFA Cup place with owen returning, and Liverpool will play their reserves in that final game at Pompey, or if after much Blues bleating they play their first teamers, they will go through the motions , either way Pompey have 3 points last game and Blues go down 8)

Â