Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Johnny boy will have to take the bad with the good. And unfortunately today he only made 3 tackles in the entire game of which none were successful. Compare that to 14 made and 11 successful from Petrov. Zero is, quite obviously, not enough from a central midfielder even if his primary job is passing. He did well passing it, as did Stan. J2M just needs to get himself more involved with the breaking up of opposition play and he'll be grand.

Interesting stats but matched pretty much what I thought at the game in that Petrov was doing the defensive work far more effectively. In fact someone showed a stat earlier that Petrov made more tackles than Makoun, Clark, Collins and Dunne put together.

Just something to think about how many tackles does Scholes win? Nothing to do with him being foreign just that he's our best midfielder!

United have a quality defence to cover it!

For all his fancy looking passing what did Makoun actually achieve today?

Just something to think about how many tackles does Scholes win? Nothing to do with him being foreign just that he's our best midfielder!

United have a quality defence to cover it!

For all his fancy looking passing what did Makoun actually achieve today?

If you're being serious, you could say the same about someone like Xavi who is an amazing passer but doesn't create that many, just moves the ball quickly into players in more dangerous areas with range of passing. (Xavi is obviously on another level to anyone else though at this)

Well, if people will defend his inability to tackle by saying he's not a DM then surely he should he should be scoring or at least creating? He's had two games but people are already saying "he's too good for us", I don't think so.

Well, if people will defend his inability to tackle by saying he's not a DM then surely he should he should be scoring or at least creating? He's had two games but people are already saying "he's too good for us", I don't think so.

Xavi doesn't score or create goals but nor is he a DM.

Likes of Xabi Alonso isn't a DM who makes lots of tackles etc...but nor does he score or create.

The ball needs to get from midfield to attack, that's his job, the attackers and more attacking minded midfielders then score and create with others in the team chipping in once in a while.

Likes of Jack Wilshere isn't a DM, but he also rarely scores or creates goals....Scholes is another one.

You say he didn't do anything but I'm pretty sure the 1st goal came from him playing the ball wide quickly to Downing to run and cross and then go in?

So in one breath he keeps the ball, in the next he passes early, and you say I don't make sense!

If you play a one/two touch pass to a team-mates.

Is that not keeping the ball by passing it early? :?

He has the ability to make early passes which is important. I don't mind Petrov holding onto the ball but the problem is, he does almost every time, which slows it down all the time. Need to learn when to release it early and when to hold onto it and wait for the right option.

Ultimately, Makouns is 2.5 games into his Villa career. There's going to be a) a settling period and B) an inability to predict his level of success with any real accuracy until said settling period is over. We've seen glimpses of what we hope he can and we hope he will learn not to do. Swinging the gavel of judgement on him at this point (whether it be pro or con) is a wee bit silly.

Â