Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mirror reporting that Ancelotti is considering hijacking the deal.

I'm sure journalists are just bitter about the deal... not one is putting a positive spin on Villa. And they are all pretty much saying "Bent hands in transfer request" as opposed to "Bent on brink of Villa move". We are an unfashionable club to support.

I agree. When Rooney wanted to leave Man U (and he wasn't as close to signing for City as Bent is to signing for us) it was front page news on the BBC Sport for days, along with dozens of analysis pages.

I wanna see this deal done soon though.

Mirror reporting that Ancelotti is considering hijacking the deal.

I'm sure journalists are just bitter about the deal... not one is putting a positive spin on Villa. And they are all pretty much saying "Bent hands in transfer request" as opposed to "Bent on brink of Villa move". We are an unfashionable club to support.

Exactly. I would'nt be surprised if the words "Spurs are also monitoring the situation" comes up over the next few hours somewhere.

So Sunderland has NOT accepted our offer, and Bent did NOT have a medical last night? Are we suddenly back to square one now? No accepted bid, still waiting to hear from Sunderland? This is confusing...

So Sunderland has NOT accepted our offer, and Bent did NOT have a medical last night? Are we suddenly back to square one now? No accepted bid, still waiting to hear from Sunderland? This is confusing...

I'll step in here, form what I've found out from the ITKs.

Deal is agreed - BUT NOT OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED.

Sunderland are trying to save a bit of face "holding out" and all that... they've accepted a 19m (rising to 24m) bid for him.

He's agreed personal terms...

He's passed a medical...

So he will be ITJHTSOTP today barring unforseen circumstances of a massive nature.