Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Absolutely delighted at this signing just hope the manager has what it takes to mould these new signings into a winning team.

At the end of the day it does matter whether we buys players for 18mil or 18p its the managers tactics thats going to determine our future. But this is a great sign of intent and has brought me a great deal more optimism.

Thanks Randy for digging deep

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had a penny for everytime I have said to someone "I can't believe we didn't sign Bent when he left spuds" I would have around £1.97 now. I think this is the single most exiting thing since Randy bought us.

People saying it's a big gamble, we have been excited about other flops (Ireland) etc miss the point. He has scored goals in the Premier League for 3 different clubs. Even in his in/out season at Spurs he finished their highest scorer!

I am drooling at the prospect of him staying in the box (not dropping deep or running wide) waiting for all those crosses from Albrighton/Young/Downing.

At the end of the day he is a one in two striker, and that has always been the mark by which the very best strikers are judged. I think it is highly unlikely that any exotic foreign player could come in and match that, at least it would be a FAR bigger risk. We could go for a usual £9-£11 million foreign striker who we eventuall find cant hack it in the PL. I think Bent is as near to a sure bet as you can get. Frankly I can't believe Arsenal aren't in for him - a big scoring no nonsense striker would probably win them the league

Where is Paulanddonya !!!!!!!

Obviously lurking but can't handle the same after his embarrassing episode last night. Just goes to shows that pointless, unfounded negativity can come back and make you look like a fool.

Obviously lurking but can't handle the same after his embarrassing episode last night. Just goes to shows that pointless, unfounded negativity can come back and make you look like a fool.

he actually apologised a couple of pages back.

maybe you want to go back a few pages and see he has been big enough to apologise, he may go of on one everyday but give the guy credit for holding his hands up.

How much is going to Spurs ie what percent was there resale addon.

Not sure if there is a sell on clause but SSN said his fee payable by Sunderland to Spurs was £10m due to rise to £16.5m based on appearances. I wonder if a big installment is due to be paid in his next few appearances which may also explain Sunderlands willingness to do business - keep him and pay another £3-4m out for what you already have, or sell him now for £18m + add ons. £18m will get them a lot to improve their squad.

NB - Archived press reports seem to back up the £16.5m figure based on appearances