415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, nothing about him running to the press to bash his players and knocking every bit of confidance out of the team. the man is a disaster

The team where performing better under K Mac than they are now, wins to games ratio shows that

0-6 at Newcastle? Europa Cup exit?

I can't agree with your first para either; that's based on rumour.

what so he didn't go to the press and knock Ireland??.6-0 to Newcastle yes, but we have shipped more goals to games under GH than K Mac, atleast the players wanted to play for K Mac.

Im glad he went to the press and knocked Ireland...Im also glad he isnt held to ransom over these big egotistic players...Ive found Houllier very fair,if you work hard in training and perform in the match you get picked..If you arse about,dont take the club serious,you get dropped,reguardless of how big ya name is!

Your glad he did, well thats one of the main factors imo that we are in this mess, any decent manager will stand up for his players not at any hands turn bad mouth them to the press, he does this to take the heat of himself because he's a bloody coward.

And tbh, if he was in any way a decent manager whyaren't players coing out and backing him up?.

Maybe its a case of I dont wanna come accross as chosing sides...You have to remember Dunne,Warnock and Collins are probrably all pals...Houllier upsets 1 and the others kinda follow..

Im pretty sure the likes of Delph(big McAllister fan),Heskey and all the youngsters are happy with the current management..

Also the likes of Reo Coker will no doubt have thoughts away from Villa Park as he didnt get the contract he wanted..

So Houllier has problems to sort out...Problems any manager coming in would no doubt have!

And tbh, if he was in any way a decent manager why aren't players coming out and backing him up?.

Perhaps they think too much of themselves and/or they had too much of an easy time under MON?

Maybe they did have to much of an easy time under MON, and i'm all for players being pushed for the cause. but GH has come in and turned this club on its head. he has changed things much to soon. he could have given it the season and waited even until this month and started to make wholesale changes, but no he came in with his Billy big bollox attitude and **** up everything.

So, nothing about him running to the press to bash his players and knocking every bit of confidance out of the team. the man is a disaster

The team where performing better under K Mac than they are now, wins to games ratio shows that

what so he didn't go to the press and knock Ireland??.6-0 to Newcastle yes, but we have shipped more goals to games under GH than K Mac, atleast the players wanted to play for K Mac.

Im glad he went to the press and knocked Ireland...Im also glad he isnt held to ransom over these big egotistic players...Ive found Houllier very fair,if you work hard in training and perform in the match you get picked..If you arse about,dont take the club serious,you get dropped,reguardless of how big ya name is!

Your glad he did, well thats one of the main factors imo that we are in this mess, any decent manager will stand up for his players not at any hands turn bad mouth them to the press, he does this to take the heat of himself because he's a bloody coward.

Ireland didnt even want to come to Villa,he has no ties with the midlands,no interest in moving here and no interest in Aston Villa.He only came because Man City forced him out as part of getting the Milner transfer..Houllier basically said he needs to work harder to be a part of his plans..He did also say that Ireland had shown some inprovement in training..Its not all one way traffic.

Excuse after excuse after excuse.

18th in the league after 21 games and it's still not his fault. **** ridiculous.

Of course it is his fault, there is absolutely no doubt about that. He picks the team, he picks the tactics, he speaks out about the players and talks about Liverpool in a way he shouldn't.

But there is absolutely no way it is as much his fault as people are making out. No way. He's a factor but no way is he the catalyst.

Houllier's main problem seems to be he has reduced his sides to tactically confused, shapeless shambles who can't score and ship goals at an alarming rate.

I see no reason to celebrate his "tough" management style until he shows he can do better at what his job is supposed to be - organising and motivating the players.

And tbh, if he was in any way a decent manager whyaren't players coing out and backing him up?.

Maybe its a case of I dont wanna come accross as chosing sides...You have to remember Dunne,Warnock and Collins are probrably all pals...Houllier upsets 1 and the others kinda follow..

Im pretty sure the likes of Delph(big McAllister fan),Heskey and all the youngsters are happy with the current management..

Also the likes of Reo Coker will no doubt have thoughts away from Villa Park as he didnt get the contract he wanted..

So Houllier has problems to sort out...Problems any manager coming in would no doubt have!

GH didnt have to come in and ruffle everyones feathers, i knoe he;s the manager but there is better ways of getting people on your side.

And tbh, if he was in any way a decent manager why aren't players coming out and backing him up?.

Perhaps they think too much of themselves and/or they had too much of an easy time under MON?

Maybe they did have to much of an easy time under MON, and i'm all for players being pushed for the cause. but GH has come in and turned this club on its head. he has changed things much to soon. he could have given it the season and waited even until this month and started to make wholesale changes, but no he came in with his Billy big bollox attitude and **** up everything.

The team was crap towards the end of last season going down 7-1 at Chelsea.We then failed to beat Blackburn at home,in a must win game to secure 6th place...We then had a terrible pre season...MON had lost it and had he stayed,we would still be in a similar possition and he would still have waliked but shouting "I told the club we needed more investment"...

Ireland didnt even want to come to Villa,he has no ties with the midlands,no interest in moving here and no interest in Aston Villa.He only came because Man City forced him out as part of getting the Milner transfer..Houllier basically said he needs to work harder to be a part of his plans..He did also say that Ireland had shown some inprovement in training..Its not all one way traffic.

How do you know Ireland didnt want to come to us,do you know him or something.. I'll be honest, i wanted him here as a player from day one, i thought he would have come good here but can you honestly say he's been given a proper chance?, imo he has been treated like shit.

How do you know Ireland didnt want to come to us,do you know him or something.. I'll be honest, i wanted him here as a player from day one, i thought he would have come good here but can you honestly say he's been given a proper chance?, imo he has been treated like shit.

For the first time I agree with you, Ireland has been treated like absolute shite and not been given a proper chance. He's one of the only signings we've ever made that I've been genuinely excited about.

But there is absolutely no way it is as much his fault as people are making out. No way. He's a factor but no way is he the catalyst.

Of course he is, a group of players who were hard to beat and did well are now shit and sitting in the relegation zone after 21 games.

Friedel, dunne, Collins, petrov, Milner, young, gabby and Carew were all key players for us last season.

Houllier has had most of those important players available to him plus a fully fit downing, an in form heskey and Marc albrighton. It's mainly his fault that we're in a **** relegation battle, this French prick has to take the blame for abysmal results and performances.

Absolute rubbish using no pre season as an excuse, did redknapp need a preseason?

I didn't hate o'leary as much as I hate this word removed.

GH didnt have to come in and ruffle everyones feathers, i knoe he;s the manager but there is better ways of getting people on your side.

It wasnt hard to ruffle feathers,when dealing with a spoilt squad that have played together all season,all without having to worry about their 1st team place..Drop in form,they get replaced in the 1st team "and with a youngster" .It aint hard to see where the problems are coming from,when the dropped seniors are saying "ive played all season in the 1st team".."I dont like being dropped in favour of a youngster"!

The team was crap towards the end of last season going down 7-1 at Chelsea.We then failed to beat Blackburn at home,in a must win game to secure 6th place...We then had a terrible pre season...MON had lost it and had he stayed,we would still be in a similar possition and he would still have waliked but shouting "I told the club we needed more investment"...

They are not even factors that come in to play now, they where little blips in a fairly good season we had, we only took something like4 points less in the second half of last season so thats not even a massive dop in form.

Of course he is, a group of players who were hard to beat and did well are now shit and sitting in the relegation zone after 21 games.

Friedel, dunne, Collins, petrov, Milner, young, gabby and Carew were all key players for us last season.

Houllier has had most of those important players available to him plus a fully fit downing, an in form heskey and Marc albrighton. It's mainly his fault that we're in a **** relegation battle, this French prick has to take the blame for abysmal results and performances.

Absolute rubbish using no pre season as an excuse, did redknapp need a preseason?

I didn't hate o'leary as much as I hate this word removed.

When have I ever used pre season as an excuse? It's obvious he's changed the tactics and the way the team play but why do you think MON left. This was always going to happen, we were on the slide from the Carling Cup final last season and it was not going to change unless massive investment was made.

Of course a manager has to take the blame, that is the modern culture, but I'm sorry I just don't see how he can take full blame for everything that has gone on this season. And if you can't see that the injuries did not help us and we've only just had some key players come back the past few weeks then I don't know what else I can say.

I agree with a lot of the things you've said John and can see your points to argue a case for Houllier. However, do you not think it would have been better for him to see what was going on and then deal with it at a more timely point in the season, namely now and in the summer?

My concern is that he has done too much damage too soon and that he won't be able to get enough players in/out to make the atmosphere that much better for him to get the players on side enough to fight their way out of this.

I guess our season rests in the hands of the players and their relationships with the manager. If the stories are true and the damage can't be repaired, I really feel that we could go down. They don't have clauses in their contracts so why would they be too concerned? They go down and they still get their normal salaries whilst playing against the likes of Sheff Utd, Doncaster and Coventry. If we sell them it will have to be on the cheap and other clubs will pay them what they want because of the nature of the transfer fee. The pressure is all on the management and that's what worries me.

I don't neccessarily like the manager but i will always support him as long as he is here. I just think that, for the season to be saved and us not get relegated, we would be safer parting company with him. I hope he gets the players on side and turns it around, I really do. Having said that, he has no history of fighting battles at the wrong end of the table so even getting the players on side doesn't guarantee he will have the nous to get the results needed.

Well, that's your ideal and maybe that should be the preferred way, but if you go on any management course they'll say that it's not necessarily the right tactic to do your job.

We have no choice but to give GH time to see what he can do in the job.

It wasnt hard to ruffle feathers,when dealing with a spoilt squad that have played together all season,all without having to worry about their 1st team place..Drop in form,they get replaced in the 1st team "and with a youngster" .It aint hard to see where the problems are coming from,when the dropped seniors are saying "ive played all season in the 1st team".."I dont like being dropped in favour of a youngster"!

But i thought the only reason why the young lads where in the team was because of players been injured, this is a spoilt squad that got us 6th inthe league and a up final, something geriatric Gerard could only dream of.

Â