Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a horrible feeling that if we sold him he would turn back into a world beater for someone else.

Still think he has a hell of alot to offer.

I still cant understand why people want to get rid of the most technically gifted players on our books.

Like it or not, Stephen Ireland is currently the best footballer at Aston Villa football club.

Agree. FFS, he was voted POTS, and rightly so last season. He is a very talented player, and in recent times has put in the effort to match. In the right team he will score goals and create them as well. Tbh I'm not surprised at which people want to sell him (and for cheap as well).

The only negative about him is the rumoured enormous wage. That's all really. If PL thinks he could sell Ireland and generate good transfer funds while taking a big lump out of the wage bill to potentially re-distribute amongst 2 or maybe 3 new players, then that's the reason he might do it. That's not me advocating doing that btw, I'm just trying to think of why his position in the squad mightn't be as secure as it could be.

The only negative about him is the rumoured enormous wage. That's all really. If PL thinks he could sell Ireland and generate good transfer funds while taking a big lump out of the wage bill to potentially re-distribute amongst 2 or maybe 3 new players, then that's the reason he might do it. That's not me advocating doing that btw, I'm just trying to think of why his position in the squad mightn't be as secure as it could be.

Yep, that is a fair argument. But the way I see it is we would struggle to attract anyone equally or more talented than SI, and since you can only field 11 players, at some point you need to bite the bullet and pay more to someone who raises the overall quality.

Yep, that is a fair argument. But the way I see it is we would struggle to attract anyone equally or more talented than SI, and since you can only field 11 players, at some point you need to bite the bullet and pay more to someone who raises the overall quality.

Agree with both points.

Ive said before, that if you were to replace Stephen Ireland with someone of equal talent then your talking in excess of £10m.

Does not want to leave. Is loving his football at the moment, for the first time in years, and is excited about what this year could bring.

That's great to hear Gazton, more importantly does PL see him as part of his plans?

Does not want to leave. Is loving his football at the moment, for the first time in years, and is excited about what this year could bring.

That's great to hear Gazton, more importantly does PL see him as part of his plans?

You'll have to ask PL that but the impression I'm getting is that everyone is part of his plans at the moment. No favourites.

Mr. Ireland is being linked with QPR today.

I would be gutted if we let him go. :(

Why ??

Personally I'd be doing cartwheels if he went. He epitomises all that is wrong with the modern day game.

Dont think he's a PL type person anyway.

You'll have to ask PL that but the impression I'm getting is that everyone is part of his plans at the moment. No favourites.

Cheers Dude

Mr. Ireland is being linked with QPR today.

I would be gutted if we let him go. :(

Why ??

Personally I'd be doing cartwheels if he went. He epitomises all that is wrong with the modern day game.

Dont think he's a PL type person anyway.

Why does he??? :?

I genuinely cant understand where this perception of him comes from?

He is probably our best Footballer.. His vision and got a great football brain.

No probably about it...far and away our best footballer. Darren Bent said as much in an interview last week i think it was.

Yeah...lets sell our most gifted player....great idea! :bonk: