Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone playing a lower league team had issues with loaning players?

I'm in my forth season with Barnet (starting my second season in the championship) and every player i try to loan has a huge fee and they want 100% of wages. Now the players i go after are loan listed players in PL reserve teams. In my first two seasons i had no trouble finding players that cost me no wages and no fees but regardless of the team/status I just cant get a good youth player for nothing.

Has anyone playing a lower league team had issues with loaning players?

As soon as you hit the Championship, you have to start paying. The best time to do it, is when you've been promoted but the game still says you're a League 1 team - anytime before June 25th basically.

Tactic is really kicking in now. Although I'm lacking that Spark but keep a lot of clean sheet's. I'd say I'm more Spain than Barcelona at the moment. Don't score loads yet but football is great and possesion stats are always high. Only one game in 12 I haven't had more than 50% ...usually I have 57-63% possesion at the moment which is quite good seemingly I still have players who at times make stupid decisions, so can definitely see future improvement. I know it sounds 'boastful' but if anyone is looking to create something similar and frustrated, which I was not long ago, then I think I may be able to help a little bit. Anyway ....I wish I could see passing stats on team stats in the league :(

Just started a new game and took over Barcelona B in Segunda Division.

Trying to create a "Barca" tactic. Any tips POB?

Just played my 1st game (friendly vs Villareal B). Won 4-1 but only had 40% posession. 70% passes completed. I understand it will take time for the players to adapt to the tactic but just wondering if you had any idea's why not go much posession.

Set up same formation as you, setted all players to very short passing. Think I might have given some players too much creative freedom.

Just started a new game and took over Barcelona B in Segunda Division.

Trying to create a "Barca" tactic. Any tips POB?

Just played my 1st game (friendly vs Villareal B). Won 4-1 but only had 40% posession. 70% passes completed. I understand it will take time for the players to adapt to the tactic but just wondering if you had any idea's why not go much posession.

Set up same formation as you, setted all players to very short passing. Think I might have given some players too much creative freedom.

Okay, this is basically what I've set up like:

GK - Defender collect: Either CB.

RB - Fairly attacking, medium/high creative, passing is about 4 bars up (still short, as are all defenders, to stop them constantly passing from RB/CB/CB/LB etc..so they go forward a little more) Medium run from deep and run with ball. Medium crossing. Little through balls. Little long shots. Hug Touchline for wide play.

LB - see above.

CB - medium attacking/creative, passing see above ...medium from deep ,...little run with ball. little through balls, little long shots .. (both)

DM - medium mentality, medium/high creative freedom, no run from deep, no running with ball. passing on 2 bars (very short), little long shots, little through balls.

CM - medium high mentality..creative freedom fairly high but not at top. run from deep. (one CM rarely, the other medium ...whichever you put on medium, also having him on yes for 'roaming' ..sorta like Iniesta) both short passing, both run with ball on medium. no long shots. medium through ball. no crossing. wide play....both move into channels. (so they split off a bit rather than hugging each others space)

AM - mentality medium. high creative freedom (NOT TOP). shortest passing. run with ball on medium. run from deep, medium. through balls medium. no long shots. no crossing. Tick yes for roaming.

WG - medium mentality, high creative freedom (not top) extremely short. run from deep is medium. run with ball medium. medium through balls. no long shots. no crossing. wide play is cut inside. optional switching of wingers....

Now ....the problem is that because your 'attackers' are deep, you need every single players to have 20 for pressing (including DF)....and everyone on tight marking (click yes tight marking) (including midfield/attackers) ...so when opposition defence get it....you press high and win the ball back more....rather than letting opposition keep it for a long time.

also as said, i have no one running with the ball often on my game. although maybe I should as sometimes I struggle to score. Hmmm.

Might try a possession tactic myself.. though the tactic i'm using atm for Real Madrid has been superb.. not lost a game and i'm in Jan!

Got in first transfer window and Jan : Altintop, Sahin, Kadlec, Yann M'Vila, Varane, Djuricic, Lamela ... And after I had got all these the board pumped £26m back in the transfer budget.. great!

Looking to sell in the summer : Gago, Khedira (maybe), Pedro Leon..

Â