Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick one Andy....Downing pace 14 seems harsh? when he motors, there's barely a defender in a league who can catch him....thoughts? I'd of thought 16/17 would have been a lot fairer.

I think his acceleration is pretty high which means he can motor past defenders in his initial burst and then should be quick enough to leave them in his wake........that said, there are a lot of players in the DB with high numbers in pace and acceleration.

I see him as being really quick off the mark a bit like Bale when he knocks it past players into the space in behind and goes after it. Pretty sure I've not really changed that part of his profile since he came from Boro.

Don't know if it's been covered in here but I feel Darren Bent's stats around finishing could be stronger too. Maybe his composure may not be as high - he does miss chances - but he misses far too many sitters for me. Certainly if you look at his goalscoring in recent seasons it would suggest he'd be more lethal than Jermain Defoe but on FM he's a beast and DB is middle of the road.

Third season I took over championship Wigan after leaving Villa mid way through my second season when I was on a massive decline.

Managed to sell off a load of dead weight and reserves for £5.75m. Bought in Ryan Taylor 900k, Snodgrass £2.2m, Keita £2m, Macheda £700k loan.

Walked the championship no problem. Macheda scoring 32 goals. Got a Wembley date in the FA Cup semi where I got destroyed 4-0 by Liverpool.

Start of the Premiership I have sold off El-Hadji Diouf £1m, Boyce £1m, Kirkland £1m, Nicu £3.4m, Salatic £2.2m. Bought in Kieran Richardson Free, Cleverly Free, Gibson £3m, Onouha £2.1m, Steven Taylor £1.2m, Mignolet £800k and Macheda 900k loan.

My squad, hoping to survive, if not I'll move on again if the chance comes up.

46994416.png

Just a quick one Andy....Downing pace 14 seems harsh? when he motors, there's barely a defender in a league who can catch him....thoughts? I'd of thought 16/17 would have been a lot fairer.

I think his acceleration is pretty high which means he can motor past defenders in his initial burst and then should be quick enough to leave them in his wake........that said, there are a lot of players in the DB with high numbers in pace and acceleration.

Fair enough, yeah, was just more looking at other players and seeing them being just as quick as Downing seemed ridiculous. Although I guess, far more on their part rather than yours.

Don't know if it's been covered in here but I feel Darren Bent's stats around finishing could be stronger too. Maybe his composure may not be as high - he does miss chances - but he misses far too many sitters for me. Certainly if you look at his goalscoring in recent seasons it would suggest he'd be more lethal than Jermain Defoe but on FM he's a beast and DB is middle of the road.

Sunderland researchers work, he will be re assessed in the summer.

Fair enough, yeah, was just more looking at other players and seeing them being just as quick as Downing seemed ridiculous. Although I guess, far more on their part rather than yours.

If you take some of the tall central defenders as an example they may be as quick as Downing at full tilt but it takes them a while to get up to that sort of pace. Far too many players in the DB with Acceleration and Pace at the same level which makes no real sense (e.g a player with pace 1 may well have acceleration 20) or just generally too quick because it is easy to see 10 as a minimum as opposed to being the average.

AndyClarke I have a question; how does the "predicted league position finish" work on a team? like when I chose a team it says "predicted something (don't know exact wording to it as I dont have FM open)"...

Ours was 7th on this year's FM.. I presume it changes on how the team finish overall within a season?

I am Yeovil by the way and my team is shit but I do have 2nd best defence in league!

Just planning for mid-table this season and then build next season. I hope.

Don't know whether you need help or not but I'll give it anyway..

for League 1 I recommend Adrian Fernandez and Ahmed Soukouna.. both free and both cheap wages.. Fernandez on the right wing, 6 appearances, 3 assists, 1 goal (only for League not including cups).

Soukouna (ST) - 7 appearances, 10 goals, 3 assists.

I also recommend getting Nathan Baker + Bruma on Loan.. and Connor Clifford for midfield.

Borini is also a good shout, he is decent too.

Third season I took over championship Wigan after leaving Villa mid way through my second season when I was on a massive decline.

Managed to sell off a load of dead weight and reserves for £5.75m. Bought in Ryan Taylor 900k, Snodgrass £2.2m, Keita £2m, Macheda £700k loan.

Walked the championship no problem. Macheda scoring 32 goals. Got a Wembley date in the FA Cup semi where I got destroyed 4-0 by Liverpool.

Start of the Premiership I have sold off El-Hadji Diouf £1m, Boyce £1m, Kirkland £1m, Nicu £3.4m, Salatic £2.2m. Bought in Kieran Richardson Free, Cleverly Free, Gibson £3m, Onouha £2.1m, Steven Taylor £1.2m, Mignolet £800k and Macheda 900k loan.

My squad, hoping to survive, if not I'll move on again if the chance comes up.

46994416.png

More than enough quality to stay up imho.

AndyClarke I have a question; how does the "predicted league position finish" work on a team? like when I chose a team it says "predicted something (don't know exact wording to it as I dont have FM open)"...

Ours was 7th on this year's FM.. I presume it changes on how the team finish overall within a season?

Andy might confirm this but I'm pretty sure it works on reputation. The most reputable club being predicted 1st and so on.

Just beat Heenereven (sp?) 7-1. All goals scored in the first half. :lol: :lol:

GK - Akinfeev

DR - Rafael

DC - Shawcross

DC - Subotic

DL - Chygrynskyi

MR - Young

MCR - Rakitic

MCL - Marchisio

AMC - Pastore

FC - Suarez

FC - Agbonlahor

Not absolutely sure, I think it is a mixture of things including reputation.

Â