Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my marathon Solihull Moors game I wanted an easy one without much work to do, before I start another proper one again, so just chose Man City.

The way I'm doing it is buying players for £0 up front then whatever amount in 48 monthly installments. This means my transfer budget stretches further enabling me to buy more players for more money than I should be able to. i.e. transfer budget of £50m but able to buy Fabregas for £0 up front and £90m after 48 months.

Give them whatever wages they want.

Doesn't matter how much debt I get into, the chairman will just pump free money back into the club. Weirdly it's always an amount to bring the bank balance to pretty much bang on £40m.

Played 3 seasons. Finished 2nd, 2nd, 1st. Lost in Euro Cup 1/4's, then CL Semi's, then won CL. Rubbish in FAC and won LC twice.

After my marathon Solihull Moors game I wanted an easy one without much work to do, before I start another proper one again, so just chose Man City.

The way I'm doing it is buying players for £0 up front then whatever amount in 48 monthly installments. This means my transfer budget stretches further enabling me to buy more players for more money than I should be able to. i.e. transfer budget of £50m but able to buy Fabregas for £0 up front and £90m after 48 months.

Give them whatever wages they want.

Doesn't matter how much debt I get into, the chairman will just pump free money back into the club. Weirdly it's always an amount to bring the bank balance to pretty much bang on £40m.

Played 3 seasons. Finished 2nd, 2nd, 1st. Lost in Euro Cup 1/4's, then CL Semi's, then won CL. Rubbish in FAC and won LC twice.

Nice Idea

How did the Solihull Moors game finish up?

played my first season with the villa and finished 8th and got to the european final but got beat by dortmund

considering the board wanted a respectable league position I dont think I have done that bad...however they say they are unsatisfied with my overall performance and would like to draw my attention to the style that the team exited the FA cup in (to man utd)

what more do I haveto do for **** sake I havent even spent that much money or anything

started up another game with mansfield (go on the stags) and have just got past my friendlies, I have loaned shed loads of players from the likes of chelsea bolton sunderland etc etc and now just have to wait to see how I get on in the season

Fulham bid 4.8m for Sharp, my striker who got 33 in 52 in all comps, baord went over my head.

I've got like 5m to spend, but can't get anyone.

Need a right back, centre back, left back, left winger and an attacking mid!

It is summer...

oh right my bad :lol:

So far in my gladbach game I am top with a nice gap also through to the final of the german cup!

I did get approached by HSV with a £25,000 a week contract (4 year deal) but I never took it as i'll win what I can here for this season and leave for another club in the summer I think... that and I didn't like the HSV squad :lol:

Christ, a very busy window to say the least.

24 in.

31 out.

Lost my first game away to Watford, just rustiness I reckon, and have just slaughtered Grimsby in the 1st round of the league cup.

Nice Idea

It finished with me resigning after the 2028-2029 season. Hoping to get another job but then I decided to leave that game alone as a one-club man.

Though I forgot about the 20 season Steam achievement. 1 season off.

In the end I won:

CL: 1

Prem: 3

FA Cup: 3

Euro Super Cup: 1

World Club Cup: 1

League Cup: 2

Championship: 2

Community Shield: 2

L1, L2, Conference, Conf North: 1 apiece.

Left the club as a legend, but annoyingly behind the star striker.

Reason for leaving was that most of my world class players were becoming too old and despite having a wealth of top youth, didn't really want to integrate a new squad again.

Also the club was relying on loan fee's to balance the books every season due a tiny stadium.

I can speak basic French & Arabic due to managing Senegal & Tunisia for a short while. Also managed England, losing in WC final and Euro Semi's (Annoying the Euro's were held in England that year.) Managed Brazil for 5 days too. Resigned as I realised I didn't actually want it.

Was PL Manager of Year on 2 occasions, and Manager of Month 9 times.

On this Man City game I've "donated" £70m to Solihull Moors by buying up a couple of youth players and £120m to Villa by buying up Chris Herd, Stiliyan Petrov and a couple of youth players.

Solihull have already got 1 promotion and lurking around playoffs in Conference.

Villa not fairing so well. Finishing 10th, 11th, 15th. Alan Shearer now in charge.

Starting XI:

-----------------Smithies------------------

Eardley--Davenport--Caulker--Elokobi-

-----------Stock------Surman------------

Regen------------Cox----------Templeton

----------Guidetti/McRobbie/Hines-------

The regen is an absolute boss. Cost 35k. Currently 2.5 stars, with a potential of 5. I wouldn't usually play a player that low, but he's worth playing so he reaches the potential. Only two loans (Guidetti and Caulker) which I'm pleased about. Selling Sharp for 5m was probably a good thing in hindsight, has help me build such a solid squad.

If I don't get promoted, I'm shit.

Nice Idea

It finished with me resigning after the 2028-2029 season. Hoping to get another job but then I decided to leave that game alone as a one-club man.

Though I forgot about the 20 season Steam achievement. 1 season off.

In the end I won:

CL: 1

Prem: 3

FA Cup: 3

Euro Super Cup: 1

World Club Cup: 1

League Cup: 2

Championship: 2

Community Shield: 2

L1, L2, Conference, Conf North: 1 apiece.

Left the club as a legend, but annoyingly behind the star striker.

Reason for leaving was that most of my world class players were becoming too old and despite having a wealth of top youth, didn't really want to integrate a new squad again.

Also the club was relying on loan fee's to balance the books every season due a tiny stadium.

I can speak basic French & Arabic due to managing Senegal & Tunisia for a short while. Also managed England, losing in WC final and Euro Semi's (Annoying the Euro's were held in England that year.) Managed Brazil for 5 days too. Resigned as I realised I didn't actually want it.

Was PL Manager of Year on 2 occasions, and Manager of Month 9 times.

Fair dedication that mate lol

Trying to do my longest game ever on the game with Villa. In 6th season.

In debt, not yet won anything though lol but finishing top 4 last 3 seasons. Keep Gettin knocked out by lower league clubs in the cups :(

Haven't played at all today.. Will probably play one or two matches today and see how it goes.

I have like 9 matches left which doesn't include the cup final.. hopefully I can pick up a few points but I have a nice gap at the top so I'll rotate the squad next few games.. rotation is a must for me.

Yeah ive failed with rotation this season have been good before this season... dont knwo why, let a few players go and have some big fees to pay if I play some players again, which not sure I want to pay just yet (they are now my cup players).

Starting 11 Season 4:

------------Smithies

Walker----Davies----Clark----Enrique

-------------Fellaini---Delph

Albrighton-----Modric------Young

--------------Fonz/Lukaku

Sissoko would be in there but he's injured for four months. Downing and Verratti for rotation, taken Thorgan Hazard on loan for rotation there too as Young is now injured. rotate midfield between the above and Veloso (cups), NRC, Bannan, Modric, Sissoko (injured)

PL: 1st 1 point ahead Spurs (who have game in hand) 20 games gone - 6 point gap between us and Utd (3rd)

CL: Beskitas in 1st Knockout round

LgeCup: Semi vs Wolves

FA: 4th round vs QPR

Won: Club World Championship, Euro Super Cup and Community Shield

im flying with chelski, although just like real life torres is playing shit, im in 2013 lampard and cole have contract renewal, both of them are only rotation players but want 160k a week, let drogba go the summer before and still get stick :(

once again rakitic is my star player

Â