Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried sticking to a wage budget ? on my Q.P.R save my max wage is £10,000 p/w ... has anyone else tried something similiar? You can still sign quality players.

i did it with my Standard Liege save, wasn't too difficult but then again it is the Belgian league.

on an unrelated note:

randrianananananananana.th.jpg

regen names, gotta love 'em.

good way to make money with LLMs is to arrange a shed load of away friendlies for your reserves against teams from New Zealand and Australia, if i remember right they'll pay you a fee of about £20k for each game, it can be time consuming but you can easily net around £500k per season. also make sure the budget slider is set all the way to the left (wages) as you earn more interest that way.

I always cut back on wages and then don't spend them, does save a lot of money. To make sure I have two 16 year olds, two 17 year olds, a few 18 year olds in my first team and to be fair they are very good!

Not tried the friendly thing though.

Finished my 10th season with Solihull Moors. 2019-2020.

Prem: 19th.

FA Cup: Runner-up.

League Cup: 3rd Rnd.

Not surprised I got relegated. An incredibly bad defence was the main reason.

I started off with generally most of the squad that got me up. Compared to other seasons there wasn't many free agents about that were very good. Signed quite a few Brazilian regens for big money that are wonderkids. Also signed Nani, Vargas, NRC & Baines on frees.

1st 3 games of season were 7-1 loss away to Fulham, 2-2 Spurs at home, 7-1 loss away to Arsenal.

Was about 12 points short of safety in the end. Still....at least I am in Europe next season and have got players way too good for the Championship. Will be in lots of debt though, already am in fact.

Starting to get a little bored of this save though...I also have to mention how incredible the youth system Santos have is. They are producing 2 or 3 world class players every year.

Go ahead, could do with some decent training schedules, mine don't seem to be too great.

Here's my formation to download. You need a pacy backline and then your LCM to be a tackler like NRC, or ideally can play a bit like Rio Mavuba and your RCM will be your playmaker so high creativity etc.

You'll want AML and AMR in the side and you LCF to be a speedster with your RCF being more of a goalscorer and ideally good in the air.

Once I've kicked off I tend to set instructions to Get Ball Forward and Exploit The Flanks. If the opposition have big central defenders like Blackburn I set to Work Ball Into Box. For Opp Instructions I'll always have the CMs on Tight Marking and Weaker Foot, and if someone like Cesc is in there then also Closing Down and Hard Tackling. For wide layers, ACM and forwards I'll always have Tight Marking, Closing Down and Weaker Foot, unless they're quicker than their marker in which case I leave out Tight Marking.

Here are my training schedules too. Seem to be ok I think, although some younger players complain about the workload. Little bitches!

I tried your tactic through pre-season, took a while for them to get used to it, used match prep etc and bearing in mind I am a conference side (although look for newgens with decent stats) I got these results at the beginning of the season;

tacticalexchange.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

One problem about buying the young newgens and released youngsters for your team... they get called away to play for U21s when you have a game (and my game never gets postponed!)

I have a first team squad of 18 players and 2 reserve players.

I released all my youth players to save money.

I now have a game and only 5 players not on international duty!!!!!

Finished my 11th season with Solihull Moors. 2020-2021.

Championship: 1st.

FA Cup: 5th Rnd.

League Cup: 4th Rnd.

Europa League: 2nd Knockout Rnd.

Having got relegated I was favourite to go back up and expected to easily considering the calibre of players I bought, whilst in the Prem. Unfortunately I bought these players for ridiculous fees and ridiculous wages hoping to stay in the Prem. I didn't and therefore got in tonnes of debt. Ended up in administration 4 games into the season.

Was still a stroll because I have some of the best Brazilian regens in the world. Finished with 101 points and that's including the 10 point penalty.

I broke pretty much every Europa record too because I entered in 1st knockout round and smashed everyone about 15-0 on agg.

My star striker scored 75 goals in 44 games in all comps. He got injured for last 3 months of season too.

Trouble is I cannot buy anyone or sign anyone as I am way way above the wage budget. So I'm stuck with the squad I have unless I get players on loan without paying their wages. Still optimistic as I have some top quality players.

Apparently an unofficial transfer update (fmbase) will be out saturday, with all the transfer updates etc..can't wait for it.

It will have some CA/PA changes, I think i'll finally look forward to managing Villa and not getting rid of half the players and rebuilding :lol:

Â