Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have now finished my 6th season in my career.

After leaving Villa at the end of last season I was waiting for a decent job to come along. It got to start of November and still no job was forthcoming. Funny thing is I applied for a job in Blue Square South and got turned down!! :lol: Then Portsmouth (bottom of Championship) & Forest (bottom of Prem) both sacked their managers. Applied for both, got offered both but Forest were better of financially as well as being in Prem.

This is how I did:

Prem: 16th. In the end a win in the penultimate game at home to Stoke clinched safety.

CL: Not in charge. Out in 4th Round.

FA: Lost the final to Man Utd.

First few games were really tough. Had 5 games before January window opened. Won one of those. Lost 3. In January did a beat of wheeling and dealing to bolster the squad. During Jan went unbeaten for 7 games but went downhill from there. Failing to score almost all the time. The FA Cup was my only respite getting kind draws against lower league teams. Then with 3 games to go I beat Man City at home and then Stoke at home to secure safety. Happy Days!

Transfers in January were: IN - E.Cambiasso (Free), M.Borrielo (Free), N.Reo-Coker (Free), D.Bentley (£500k), N.De Jong (£800k), E.Lichaj (£800k), L.Ridgewell (£1.4m), A.Smithies (£6m), Regen on loan.

OUT - Got rid of a lot of deadwood. Main players being...Eduardo, Chris Wood, K.Richardson, G.Barnes, L.Camp, R.Majewski. Totalling about £8.5m.

Borrielo was dreadful not scoring once. Cambiasso was past it. Bentley didn't perform too well. Lichaj crap. Smithies was rubbish too....But NRC, De Jong, Ridgewell and the regen performed really well. Zavon Hines, already at the club, was to thank scoring the only goals and Elliot Grandin, also at the club, was incredibly good on the left flank. Now to rebuild immensely for next season.

Nice hint. First transfer window, scouted South America and found the absolute gems of Paolo Henrique and Jefferson Farfan. About 10mil for both if I remember, quite low wages. Incredible players. My only two signings so far, but they were all I needed.

Henrique (AMC, playmaker role, will be your new Ashley Young)

Farfan (currently have him as right winger, great little player, especially if he cuts inside as he's a natural AMC)

Note: For some reason, Farfan is listed on wikipedia as being a Schalke player since 2008, but I definitely got him from South America :S

Was playing my portsmouth game yesterday, defiently on the verge of promotion to Premier League managed to get Macheda on loan and i've partnered him up with Wiemann upfront and they are firing in goals all the time.. I'm not sure whether I will carry on with this game once i get promoted, I'm hoping i can take a foreign job if it becomes available.

I started a new game today as Lyon, good game so far bought dzeko (he isn't cheap) and maxwell (from barcelona i think) and so far i'm doing good.. got a whole bunch of youth players tied up on contracts and on loan with some getting some time in reserves and first team.

Thought id jump on the band wagon here :)

I had started a Villa career with my sights on continental qualification. Spent my money on a couple of over priced players with ridiculous wages (one of them being Emre), got a really bad run of results and was bottom of the prem (sound like anyone?)....

So i studied it further, why was i doing so badly ? Namely my training regimes were awful, and secondly, if you look at the coaching staff at game start, theres hardly any staff! So i signed a few decent coaches and a new assistant manager and im now 3 points off the top in November and Hammering the European cup :)

Players Signed:

Romelu Lukaku

Roberto Carlos

Javi Ros - On loan, looks a decent propsect

Carlos Kameni

Not signed any yet, Lukaku bangs in the odd goal in the important matches, Roberto Carlos gives a bit of experience and cover for LEft back, keeps Warnock on his Toes and Javi Ros is a good lil playmaker if played alongside a ball winning CM

Some pics coming soon...

Top of my head, played 8, lost 4, won 4 drew 0 with Burnley so far in Prem. Want to get to 40 points before I transfer back to my favoured formation. Still love this game. At a point right now though where it gets less attention, I leave it loaded and play a game every 8 hours or something.

My problem is, I have zero idea who the class players are lol. (no need to tell me!) I never really manage clubs with tonnes of money, so this is new. Want to win something within 2 years but am scouting for young players to build something with. Preference for young English. Phil Jones, Jack Rodwell two I am after, have signed Ash too.

started a game with Standard de Liege, half way through my second season now.

bought a few youth prospects, aswell as Fofana & Galeano who both went straight into the first team. won the league first season, on top and clear by 3 points in my second. got to the group stages of the Champion's League in a group with Manure, Roma & Dinamo Moscow.

only problem i have at the moment is all my players are 'making noises about moving to a bigger club'.

Â