Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

Gone back to my Portsmouth save (had a different file before I left the club) and been using a slightly altered 442 I had developed. Used it 9 games and won 5 lost 4. I'm out the relegation zone, clear by 5 points.

I might just have a chance of staying up if my form carries on. At the beginning of January so still a long way to go yet.

Desperately need a left back Dickinson just isn't a premier league player. Cleverly and O'Hara have been quality this season, Stuani was doing great when I changed the tactic but tore his hamstring and will be out for 3 months

With QPR I had Smith from Norwich for cheap till I could get better and there was a spanish guy, might have been a regen, I will try and think of his name but he ended up going for £15m!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what tactic you playing?

palaceformation.th.jpg

defence is pretty standard, as for the rest of the team:

DM: Anchorman (limited Creative Freedom, short passing - wins the ball and passed to the DLP)

CM: Deep-Lying Playmaker (lots of CF, mixed passing, TBs on often - everything goes through this guy)

AML/R: Inside Forwards (very defensive mentality so they track back, cut inside (works well with attacking FBs over-lapping), high TBs, roaming)

STCR: Trequartista (high CF, high TBs)

STLC: Poacher (didn't change much from the default Poacher settings)

as for LBs, Dodo has a minimum release fee of £1.5m at the start of the game, was awesome for me on my Villa save, plays best as a WB but can do a job at FB.

Danny Fox at a stretch?

Nathaniel Clyne - although a right back has got high marks for me at left back this season?

Nathan Baker?

Danny Wilson (loan)

Konchesky always seems to leave cheap.

Fox was bought at the start of season

Clynes my first choice right back

Baker is on loan

Wilson is in Liverpools first team

Konchesky isn't interested

Going to try Chimbonda there for a few games but he has been awful whenever he has played

What tactics do you use?

------------GK

DR----DC------DC----DL

------------DM

--------MC------MC

AMR-------------------AML

------------ST

GK- Sweeper Keeper - Defend

DR- Full Back - Defend

DC- Central Defender - Defend

DC- Central Defender - Defend

DL- Full Back - Defend

DM- Defensive Midfielder - Defend

MC- Box to Box - Support

MC- Central Midfielder - Attack

AMR- Winger - Attack

AML- Winger - Attack

ST- Poacher - Attack

Philosophy - Balanced

Strategy - Attacking

Playing Styles - All default except 1)Creative Freedom - More Disciplined 2)Closing Down - Press More

Cheers mate. My 4-5-1 tactics are ok but I can't defend for shit.

Pre my own signings, won 3 in 13

When I got the signings to work for me I have won 15 in 17

I think, FM is all about working with the stats you know. I like players with pace, high passing, high stamina, high aggression and skill. they work for my formation. Without my own set of players, I am crap at FM.

Nice job, in the FA Cup. I had Villa in the forth round, played a weakened side and got destroyed 5-1.

I think I might have saved Pompey. 9 games to go, I'm 4 points clear with a game in hand and only Villa and Liverpool as tough games, the rest I should draw or pick up wins. I got a 1-1 draw against Arsenal away and beat Spurs 2-1 at home.

If I stay up I need a new GK, 2xCB, LB, RM(backup), ST(poacher). Better get some decent money in the window

a bit off topic, but I'm looking to buy a manager sim game over the next few days' can anyone recommend what is the best one? I've heard good things about FM11 but has anyone tried the FIFA manager game? I have champ manager 2010 but not really that impressed by it tbh. any input would be appeciated thanks.

If you are looking for the best manager in game in terms of realism, tactics, accuracy, data...football manager is the way to go.

If you are looking for a game that is a similar set up to the described above but just a lot worse, like in a way how a League 1 team try to play as good as football as Barca....then get Champ Man.

If you're looking for a totally shit game, try FIFA manager.

If you are looking for the best manager in game in terms of realism, tactics, accuracy, data...football manager is the way to go.

If you are looking for a game that is a similar set up to the described above but just a lot worse, like in a way how a League 1 team try to play as good as football as Barca....then get Champ Man.

If you're looking for a totally shit game, try FIFA manager.

thanks for the info, FM11 only £15 on Amazon. just gotta make sure I got specs to run it now.

Playing as Hoffenheim now... only £1m in the kitty but plenty of youth and top players, Demba Ba.. all the top clubs are interested in him, real madrid etc... put a price tag of £20m lets see if they bid that :lol:.

Hoffenheim have a foreground sugar daddy. So you should have fuckloads of money. Enjoy!

I got relegated with Pompey. My team completely fell apart at the end of the season. I would be leading games by 2 goals and end up getting hammered. In my last 5 games I conceded 19 goals

Down in the championship with £18m in the bank yet my board gave me no transfer budget and a wage budget that was less than what I was currently playing. Had to sell Cudicini and Chimbonda to balance it out. When I asked for more money I was given £40k.

Only have 16 players, 7 of them are over 30. Quite a few want to leave after big clubs became interested. Only managed to bring in 3 players on loan. Had a terrible start as well losing 5-2 and 4-1 in my first games before getting angry at the players and they seem to be playing better now with back to back wins.

Can't get the board to do anything about our broken down stadium either. They say it has 'character'.

just finished my 2nd season as villa, picked up hamsik and fazio after they put in transfer requests, subotic for silly money, affelay on a free and patricio in goal, problem is i cant get a big name striker to come, ballotelli was for sale at £5m but the lowest i could get his wages was 110k a week, main team -

patricio

warnock - subotic - galeano - cuellar

adrien

young - hamsik - delph

gabby - lukaku

finished 4th by a point, lost to man city in the fa cup final, redknapps liverpool won the league, blues finished 19th in the championship

Â