Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

playing as arsenal, brought in babacar & lukaku on loan (im reserve manager too) sissoko, ochoa, areola, 2 dutch 17 year olds from psv

3 games in, utd, chelsea and spurs, lost all 3 1-0, back to the drawing board!

what i have noticed is there are so many young players that are coming back as "good" "quality" "potential to be a leading prem player" ive probably found 20-25 leading players already and they are all being snapped up by prem teams, whereas before they were harder to find and didnt move

First FM game i've been able to play on my PC for a while, and i'm enjoying this so far.

Started with Villa, 2nd in the league after only three games, 3-3 draw away at Stoke, beat West Ham at home 2-0, and beat Sunderland away 3-0.

Not sold anyone, but signed Robert Pires on a free and Andre Santos from Fenerbache for 2.8m, he's been brilliant. Bagged two in my last game at Sunderland, long range shot and free-kick.

Gabby can't stop scoring, Petrov and Reo-Coker in the middle have been good, as have Dunne and Cuellar at the back.

As i say, first FM game i've been able to play on my PC for a while, so it's taking a while to get to grips with all the menus etc. Good so far though.

what are our defenders like this year? last years game dunne, collins and cuellar were all wank for me. was forced to spend all my budget replacing them, bizarrely Stephen Warnock went to Real Madrid for many monies which was fortunate, and then like 2 years later took charge at Derby.

I'm playing Davies with Dunne/Collins. Gabby will not score. 4 games in, must have had 6/7 CCC's, hasn't scored once yet. Playing Delfouneso in the cups and he's banging them in, think I might stick him up front instead. (I'm playing 4-4-1-1).

4 League games in, 10 pts. 3rd in league. Into EL group stages.

You know at the start, where it asks you select your experience, international footballer etc. Does that have any baring on the difficulty of the game?

Not as such, it just presets your reputation. If you leave it as "Sunday League Footballer" the fans of your chosen club are probably not going to be overly impressed that you've been appointed. If you start unemployed as an "International Footballer" you'll probably pick up a job very quickly.

theboyangel - i had a chance to buy him (Kadlec) - was you offered him via an agent? I didn't have enough money though.

He was an old favourite from FM2010 along with his compatriot, Adam Hlousek (but he's currently injured on FM2011 but I had a bid accepted around the £2.5m mark - worth checking out too)

Unfortunately, the game I had Kadlec in crashed on a submit team screen prior to a match so I had to start again!!!!

This time, purchased:

Axel Witsel - £2.5m (bargain!)

Jose Angel - £5m quality looking 20yr old Spanish LB

Pachucho - £1m quality looking 18yr old Mexican AMC

Sotiris Ninis - loan to buy

My thoughts on the Villa team -

shame Cuellar has a pass score of 4!!!! He's not that bad!

Bannan is pretty good, as is Downing

Gabby doesn't looks so effective

Heskey is a beast and banged in several goals already

Albrighton is too slow

It's now become v difficult to sell players - even for stupidly low prices, no one wants to touch Curtis Davies for £1m or on loan!!!! Managed to flog Sidwell for £1.5m to Everton and Beye to Newcastle for £1m

Osbourne keeps turning down contracts to Leicester and Salifou can't be budged even on a free!!!!

(gave up trying to sell Heskey - luckily he's scoring!)

Transfer window is closed, I got:

Park Ji Sung - 4.5mil (great bargin and apparently increases my revenue because of asain market)

Etuhu - 6mil bit expensive but suits my system

Nekounam - 2.9mil experienced DM good for rotation

Out:

Davies - 1.5mil to bolton, had to pay 3k a week to get him to leave

Sidwell - 2.3mil everton

Osbourne - 250k to Derby

Loaned out : Delfouneso(Hull), Weinman, Baker, Parish ,Siegrist, Lowry

Decided to send Fonz out as i'm playing a 4-2-3-1 and see no need for a 4th striker.

Heskey was impossible to sell which was annoying because i had Van Nistelrooy ready to come in his place for 1.3 mil.

Gabby has been good for me in this formation being used as a poacher, hes got 2 goals and 3 assists from 2 starts and 2 sub appearances.

Just drew 2-2 with Man Utd. 7th game in, they were top without conceding. I was 3rd. Went 1 up, then on HT Warnock gets sent off for fouling Nani. Never a red. I go 2 up midway through 2nd half after Vidic hauls down Gabby in the box. No card (Where have I heard that before?). Collins steps up 2-0. Rio pulls one back from a corner on 70 mins. Vidic gets a yellow for another incident, and should now be sent off but stupid ref didn't give a yellow for the pen. 94th minute Vidic pops up from a corner to equalise. I'm going mental!! To make matters worse I had 3 CCC's to their 1.

In every single FM I always concede to Man Utd from corners!!

Just drew 2-2 with Man Utd. 7th game in, they were top without conceding. I was 3rd. Went 1 up, then on HT Warnock gets sent off for fouling Nani. Never a red. I go 2 up midway through 2nd half after Vidic hauls down Gabby in the box. No card (Where have I heard that before?). Collins steps up 2-0. Rio pulls one back from a corner on 70 mins. Vidic gets a yellow for another incident, and should now be sent off but stupid ref didn't give a yellow for the pen. 94th minute Vidic pops up from a corner to equalise. I'm going mental!! To make matters worse I had 3 CCC's to their 1.

In every single FM I always concede to Man Utd from corners!!

Isn't that just scarily realistic though?!

Well done Andy, I think you've done brilliantly in your ratings especially of our budget.

Current people signed:

Ninis (loan 240k)

Diarra (2.5m)

Andre Santos (2.8m)

Hugo Almeida (1.8m)

Vincent Enyeama (230k)

Alexis Sanchez (12m)

Gokhan Gonul (1.4m)

Out:

Sidwell (3m)

Beye (1.2m)

Carew (1m)

Bannan (loan)

Clark (loan)

Lowry (loan)

Salifou (free transferred)

Having problems with wage budget though as I'm over 150k per week above budget.

Â