Barry Bannan

villianusa

Well you butted in, so I thought you were in agreement with the original post in discussion, silly me!

Why didn't you just butt out or say that in the first place?

So the original question still stands to Smertov or anybody WITH his viewpoint who might care to explain why they might turn a blind eye to Delph's misdemeanour and but use it as a stick to beat Bannan?

Ps besides I put question marks in my post so I was asking you. You do know that a ? is don't you? (question mark). So wind your bloody neck in.

Edited by Kingfisher

To be honest the question doesn't make any sense, at least to me. For the life of me I can't figure it out.

If you cannot bring yourself to wish Bannan well, because you morally object to his driving misdemeanour, does the same go for Delph?

To be honest the question doesn't make any sense, at least to me. For the life of me I can't figure it out.

If you cannot bring yourself to wish Bannan well, because you morally object to his driving misdemeanour, does the same go for Delph?

He's answered that you've just not understood. 

He wishes them both well on the pitch in a Villa shirt. Bannan no longer plays for Aston Villa so he's JUST a silly prick. 

My position has always been clear. I have no problem with Bannan off the pitch. He is a grown man & is responsible for his own actions. I do not know Bannan personally so it is none of my business what he does or doesn't do. Even if I did know him it would still be none of my business.

Do I take the piss out of his misdemeanor? Yes, ofcourse I do but only as part of the jollity & wind up nature of this thread. Is his driving offence the crime of the century? Hardly. Will I lose any sleep over it? Not a wink ;):)

The bottom line is this, if you have a drink problem but regularly play out of your skin & put in World Class performances on the pitch the fans will truly adore you & you will become an absolute Villa legend. Step forward & I'll kiss your feet Paul McGrath. (see below :) )

McGrath-353585.jpg

However, if you continually but in piss poor performances that are a complete insult to the standards & shirt of Aston Villa FC as Bannan appears to have made his hallmark then you will be slaughtered by some fans if you misbehave off the pitch too as this only further compounds certain fans fury further.

That's the way it is, but please, please do not tar me with that brush as I am completely open minded. Bannan can get stoned out of his mind for all I care & probably does. Good Luck to him with that if that's his intention. However his performances on the pitch are truly truly shocking & that's what I condemn.

I only want what's best for Aston Villa representing us out on that pitch. That's why I adore Christian Benteke so much. Bannan represents total & abject failure. Is he going to take us to the next level? He's had his chances & failed miserably so we all know the answer to that. This is not the type of player I want sticking around & stinking the place out for £20k P/W. Be gone soon  I say & good riddance.

For any one who thinks he's half decent, that's your prerogative. However, ask yourselves a couple of simple questions? Is Barry Bannan ever likely to win a Champions League Winners Medal? Is Christian Benteke ever likely to win one?

I set my standards on the ability & promise of players like Benteke & not the complete waste of space that is Barry Bannan.

Those are my standards what's yours?

Edited by villa-revolution

He wishes them both well on the pitch in a Villa shirt. Bannan no longer plays for Aston Villa so he's JUST a silly prick. 

But that question wasn't strictly aimed at him, from what I can see, but at smetrov and Kingfisher has assumed that Aston was on smetrov's side as he seemingly entered the discussion defending smetrov's view. smetrov said he would wish Bannan well, but couldn't 'cause of the driving thing, therefore does that thought process extend to Delph?

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

Because he is a product of our youth academy, and IMO he's not as bad as people make out. I can understand why people wouldn't want him to succeed based on the drink driving though. To be honest, my view on Bannan has changed multiple times thanks to this thread, I used to like him until I saw claims that he was world class in this thread and I begun to despise him, then that went away a bit and the thread started to become the Barry Bannan abuse thread rather than being about the player so I've come to like him a bit more again and hope he does well as he does have the potential to be decent.

I wasn't asking him in the first place! I was responding to Smertov.

Because he is a product of our youth academy, and IMO he's not as bad as people make out. I can understand why people wouldn't want him to succeed based on the drink driving though. To be honest, my view on Bannan has changed multiple times thanks to this thread, I used to like him until I saw claims that he was world class in this thread and I begun to despise him, then that went away a bit and the thread started to become the Barry Bannan abuse thread rather than being about the player so I've come to like him a bit more again and hope he does well as he does have the potential to be decent.

I was just explaining the answer, the obvious difference between Delph and Bannan. 

I wasn't necessarily expressing my own opinion. 

Apologies, as I've asked the question it's only fair to give my view.

I watch Aston Villa in an abstract kind of way, I have no emotional investment in any of the players on a personal level, just the team and club. Anybody who holds a player up on a pedestal as some kind of moral beacon needs their **** head read anyway. How can a guy kicking a pigs bladder around a field be such a thing? The media like to make them out as such, as they love to give them a good kicking when they inevitably fall off their pedestals. Sells papers.

My opinion of Bannan's drink driving is one of mild indignation, same as with Delph, I'm not really bothered. What I won't do is display a faux moral outrage towards a player, pretending I really give a ****. And even if I did, a person cannot redeem themselves or go further down in my estimation with their performance on a football field! In my world a person makes up for mistakes by being a good person, and as I know about zero of our players on a personal level I can't comment on whether they are nobs or nice guys. Including Bannan and Delph (I'm sure someone has an anecdote about meeting Bannan in a pub drunk before a game), but anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all.

Bannan's drink drive has been brought up a few times not by me, by others. The idea Bannan's drink drive ban matters because he isn't good enough to kick a ball around a field for 90 in a Villa shirt is a strange concept to me. So I'll wish him a fairly warm good luck and get on with supporting Villa, and Delph.

• Like 2

I think you are.

Stalemate I reckon.

My advice is to re read the last few posts, and ignore Aston Martin 82's posts as it just confuses the issue, as it has done for you. Go back to the original question in reply to Smertov.