Barry Bannan

villianusa

My opinion is sincere. Just because it is different to yours doesn't make it a "troll".

I do have the imagination to know how to make "fun" of Bannan if I wanted too. I understand the criticisms. But I think overall his play deserves more respect than it's getting and the proof of the pudding is in the eating... he wins games.

Con? For me you are now starting to show signs of weakening in your stance about Bannan. The first cracks began to appear earlier today I seemed to notice. (Is someone cracking you with that whip or are you crackin' up? ;) ) Confess man, confess :)

Also, some accuse you of just being a Troll?

Me? No, I just think you are out of Con- Troll :P;)

Also, have you seen what you have done to poor old Trent's brain? This whole thread has rendered him into a quivering mistake ridden zombie & you have sent him ( & possibly others too)  completely doolally with apparently no known antidote known to mankind. Poor old Trent.

What do you mean all Mods are zombies? :);):P

Edited by villa-revolution

Con? For me you are now starting to show signs of weakening in your stance about Bannan. The first cracks began to appear earlier today I seemed to notice. (Is someone cracking you with that whip or are you crackin' up? ;) ) Confess man, confess :)

Don't know what you mean by that.

I've never had an unrealistically high, uncritical, opinion of Bannan's game. 

I do think there is a world class player there. That's the player Houllier - a good judge of technical players - saw, and the player his fellow pros have seen.

He's not world class now. Is it a matter of form? It could be. I'm personally going to give him until next year to prove himself as far as my reputation as a talent spotter goes.

Don't know what you mean by that.

I've never had an unrealistically high, uncritical, opinion of Bannan's game. 

I do think there is a world class player there. That's the player Houllier - a good judge of technical players - saw, and the player his fellow pros have seen.

He's not world class now. Is it a matter of form? It could be. I'm personally going to give him until next year to prove himself as far as my reputation as a talent spotter goes.

_39163499_cheyrou203.jpg

Named the "new Zidane" by Houllier.

Edited by dodgyknees

Live moving images on a screen. I've actually answered this question the same way before. It doesn't invalidate my opinion. I could just be looking at statistics alone, and my opinion would not be invalidated because an opinion is just that. An opinion.

By the way, if you take the pi out of an opinion you get an onion. I just made that joke up because I'm tired and going to bed. Not very funny actually.

Football's a physical game so if you play in midfield at the top level you have to offer something physical unless you're really really good like Messi. Bannan offers zero physically apart from giving away pointless and dangerous free kicks.

His set  pieces are lamentable esp the corners (westwood's are way better)

He doesn't appear to have any discernable goal threat.

His passing is quite good but let down by going for too many Hollywood balls

Basically he's a Championship player

Live moving images on a screen. I've actually answered this question the same way before. It doesn't invalidate my opinion. I could just be looking at statistics alone, and my opinion would not be invalidated because an opinion is just that. An opinion.

By the way, if you take the pi out of an opinion you get an onion. I just made that joke up because I'm tired and going to bed. Not very funny actually.

Con - Most posters on this thread appear to believe that you don't know your onions :)

However, your comments above prove that actually, yes, you do know your onions ;)

Sorry though Con, I have to say that your jokes are almost as poor as Bannan's corners :P .........................almost :)

The biggest joke though is ofcourse Bannan himself :D

Sweet dreams Con.

Edited by villa-revolution

My opinion is sincere. Just because it is different to yours doesn't make it a "troll".

I do have the imagination to know how to make "fun" of Bannan if I wanted too. I understand the criticisms. But I think overall his play deserves more respect than it's getting and the proof of the pudding is in the eating... he wins games.

You are a troll because Bannan's performances this season are well below acceptable. Indeed his last 2 games have been woeful. Against Liverpool I genuinely can not think of a single performance from any other Villa player that has ever been worse. Against Scotland the only thing he was capable of doing was passing to a player behind him about 5 yards away. Other than that he gave the ball away every single time he had it.

You know this yourself, yet you come on here posting how the team couldn't have won without him for the simple reason to get reaction out of people. This is what trolls do.

Football's a physical game so if you play in midfield at the top level you have to offer something physical unless you're really really good like Messi. Bannan offers zero physically apart from giving away pointless and dangerous free kicks.

You are making up statistics. This is the problem with the Bannan criticism. It's constructed out of thin air and innate bias against a player they don't understand.

Bannan didn't give away many "pointless and dangerous free kicks."

He committed only EIGHT fouls the entire season in 18 starts.

Only Jordan Bowery and Simon Dawkins had a lower fouls per game rate. http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/24

Unbelievable.