Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

You cant really blame Downing for wanting to leave .....?

- Financially refusing to back MON constantly - one of the top PL managers and then come out

- Turning down RAFA as manager

- Reducing players wage bills

- Best other players leave the club Milner and Young....!

Players are not stupid they will not hang around a club that lack financial ambition and live in forcefull pretense of Champions Leaugue dreams.

For all the people that savaged MON - we are about so find out what mediocrity mid table it like again....!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Financially refusing to back MON constantly - one of the top PL managers and then come out

- Reducing players wage bills- Best other players leave the club Milner and Young....!

Players are not stupid they will not hang around a club that lack financial ambition and live in forcefull pretense of Champions Leaugue dreams

But those are all plus points and help keep the club sustainable. The last one is unfortunate but symptomatic of the 'modern' game we call football.

MON...one of the top PL managers

:crylaugh:

Yes when considered against all of the other PL managers:-

Just a few....!

Micky Adams

Tony Adams (footballer)

Sam Allardyce

Clive Allen

Carlo Ancelotti

Osvaldo Ardiles

Paul Hart

Juande Ramos

Claudio Ranieri

Les Reed (football coach)

Peter Reid

Pat Rice

Bruce Rioch

Graham Rix

Bryan Robson

Glenn Roeder

Joe Royle

Guus Hiddink

Glenn Hoddle

Roy Hodgson

Ian Holloway

Brian Horton

Gérard Houllier

Stewart Houston

Mark Hughes

Chris Hughton

Chris Hutchings

Dnno why youre laughing at O'Neill given the current awful and diabolical manager we've appointed in McLeish

awful and diabolical???? Its Alex McLeish not **** Major Arnold Toht

- Reducing players wage bills- Best other players leave the club Milner and Young....!

Players are not stupid they will not hang around a club that lack financial ambition and live in forcefull pretense of Champions Leaugue dreams

But those are all plus points and help keep the club sustainable. The last one is unfortunate but symptomatic of the 'modern' game we call football.

Do you mean substantially plus points in terms of having one of the worst defenses in the league.

- Regressing so that we finish mid table

- Regressing so that we dont reach wembley

- Regressing so that all our best players want to leave

- Regressing so that we cant attract any decent players

Cant say I agree with you here....!

So do you think we will qualify for the CL next year....?

Dnno why youre laughing at O'Neill given the current awful and diabolical manager we've appointed in McLeish

MON had no quality, fook me, some of us could have had success with the amount of money he shat up the wall. Yes the team grafted under him, but so would you were taken out of lower leagues and paid 50k a week.

Do you mean substantially plus points in terms of having one of the worst defenses in the league.

- Regressing so that we finish mid table

- Regressing so that we dont reach wembley

- Regressing so that all our best players want to leave

- Regressing so that we cant attract any decent players

Cant say I agree with you here....!

So do you think we will qualify for the CL next year....?

Nope, as im not an idiot, we havent got a multi billionaire owner, as such, we wont ever break the top 4 or 5, europe and a top half finish is our best hope from now on with football being the way it is.

Not sure what the underlined has to do with my pointing out that not having rafa, giving mon more £££ to piss up the wall and reducing our wage bill are all good things.

Just a few....!

Micky Adams

Tony Adams (footballer)

Sam Allardyce

Clive Allen

Carlo Ancelotti

Osvaldo Ardiles

Paul Hart

Juande Ramos

Claudio Ranieri

Peter Reid

Pat Rice

Bruce Rioch

Graham Rix

Bryan Robson

Glenn Roeder

Joe Royle

Guus Hiddink

Glenn Hoddle

Roy Hodgson

Ian Holloway

Brian Horton

Gérard Houllier

Stewart Houston

Mark Hughes

Chris Hughton

Chris Hutchings

If you're judging "best", you're looking at the wrong end of the list. And even some of those are bollocks as well.

MON had no quality, fook me, some of us could have had success with the amount of money he shat up the wall. Yes the team grafted under him, but so would you were taken out of lower leagues and paid 50k a week.

So you did not rate Ashley Young, James Millner, Stuart Downing, Brad Friedel, Carlos Cueallr, James Collins, Richard Dunne ect ect.

All managers make terrible signings just looks at some of Alex Fergursons and Rafas....!

Just a few....!

Micky Adams

Tony Adams (footballer)

Sam Allardyce

Clive Allen

Carlo Ancelotti

Osvaldo Ardiles

Paul Hart

Juande Ramos

Claudio Ranieri

Peter Reid

Pat Rice

Bruce Rioch

Graham Rix

Bryan Robson

Glenn Roeder

Joe Royle

Guus Hiddink

Glenn Hoddle

Roy Hodgson

Ian Holloway

Brian Horton

Gérard Houllier

Stewart Houston

Mark Hughes

Chris Hughton

Chris Hutchings

If you're judging "best", you're looking at the wrong end of the list. And even some of those are bollocks as well.

I never said that he was the best. The point is he is one of the better Premier Leaugue managers...!

Name 15 that are better excluding the current top 4 managers RAFFA and Mourinho.

Look forward to your answers.

No Quality compared to what.

David O learly

Graham Tayloyr

Gerrard Houllier

Gary Mcallister

Yes I completely understand your logic.

Agree totally with VILLAFC2000. MON was the best thing that happened to us for a very long time. Aston Villa were relevant again, we had a great side who were winning regularly with great players that gave us all excitement. The 3 6th place finishes were the best seasons ive witnessed since I was a kid and I dont see any exciting times coming up any time soon.

RL thanks for pumpin alot of dough into the club but we have declined in a major way. He must not have that CL dream anymore. and I wish u had more money so we could have just seen what would have happened last season if wed kept milner and o'neill plus a couple of extra players

- Reducing players wage bills

- Best other players leave the club Milner and Young....!

Players are not stupid they will not hang around a club that lack financial ambition and live in forcefull pretense of Champions Leaugue dreams.

For all the people that savaged MON - we are about so find out what mediocrity mid table it like again....!

Sorry, did I just read refusing to back MON?

£100 million and a wage bill that surpassed Spurs and was 90% of our revenue.

What a load of shit.

Who cares about O'Neill?

A much better manager than McLeish but wont even bother going into that debate apart from saying look at MON time at Leicester then look at MCLeishs time at Birmingham. Massive diffference. Only an absolute idiot would try to compare the two .

Fact is we've appointed a shite manager in McLeish , sell our best players etc and can hardly blame players like Downing wanting out.

Managers needs alot of attributes nowadays, but MON hardly had any. He was good at man management, but his transfer dealings, use of the squad and legacy were all awful. His tactics were very good defensively (despite the odd one where we were exposed through tiredness), but extremely weak in attack thanks to him relying on big men who were shit at scoring. There's also the fact it was rather old and predictable.

I'd say MON is one of the worst modern managers around. He was a much better manager around in the 90's when he didn't have to spend so much to compete and could do it the old fashion way better back then, but now he's out of his depth.

I'd also say Randy is partly the blame for MON wasting money as well. He gave him too much power and should have realised it was getting out of control in 2008, but he didn't do anything until 2010 where we were shafted.

Â