Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Tottenham Plan Cheeky Trio Swap Deal to Land £25m Aston Villa Man: Redknapp Ready to Offer Trio for Ashley Young

If any deal like this was offered (which I highly doubt), would you take it?

hahahahaaaa, the comments underneath are ace:

anonymous - May 19th, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Total tripe. I would say get a day job, but this probably is. What next? Villa willing to accept a million for agbonlahor if Harry Redknapp admits he’s a rubber faced word removed.

:crylaugh:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie keane deserves a joke thread of his own, he's to old and wasn't even prolific in the SPL in his short time there

id get rid of carew, yes he's a fans favourite but he is to inconsistant and consistancy is what we need.

I agree, 12 goals in 16 games is a terrible return for someone who cost them nothing but his wages.

16goals in 19 games including all.

So if we're signing someone based on how many buckets of goals they score in Scotland, why not just get Kris Boyd who is four years younger and free?

Or, we could forget about both him and Keane both of whom would be fairly pointless.

How would Boyd be pointless?

Find me a player that has a good goalscoring record, is a similar price to Boyd (which will be hard!) and someone that we can realistically bring in (or should i say, that MoN would bring in).

It's all good saying we should get a big name player, but 1) they don't always work 2) Were in EL, not CL 3) MoN has said he's not prepared to take the EL seriously, it's for the reserve and youth 4) don't have buckets of cash available

He scores goal in a lower league, yes, but he is available on a FREE. No initial layout. A squad player that would offer more than Heskey does.

Gabby-Carew

Fonz-Boyd

Get money for Heskey, no money out for Boyd. Job is a good one.

No offence but having a good goal record in Scottish Premier League is hardly something great. Kenny Miller, Anthony Stokes have good goalscoring records in that division and absolutely woeful records in the Premiership.

We can't afford to risk Boyd as our only striker signing. Striker is the main position we are lacking a quality striker next to Agbonlahor. (Of course I will) but I really cannot take another year of Agbonlahor and Carew as our two strikers with no movement, no skill, no creativity, no invention upfront.

The Kenny Miller that played for a struggling Wolves and likewise Derby?

The Anthony Stokes that is only 21, and at the time he played for Sunderland was very young?

Not even in the slightest a comparable. Boyd has consistently scored goals at Rangers, and also at Kilmarnock. Now compare the service within those two teams against the service from Young, Downing and Milner.

He is available on a free, that is something that, with respect to what Randy has said recently, should be considered, ALONG, with his record.

The Kenny Miller that played for a struggling Wolves and likewise Derby?

The Anthony Stokes that is only 21, and at the time he played for Sunderland was very young?

Not even in the slightest a comparable. Boyd has consistently scored goals at Rangers, and also at Kilmarnock. Now compare the service within those two teams against the service from Young, Downing and Milner.

He is available on a free, that is something that, with respect to what Randy has said recently, should be considered, ALONG, with his record.

Miller has scored 27 in 61 games, last two seasons of Scottish Football.

6 in 55 games in the Premiership.

Anthony Stokes: 35 in 53 in Scottish Football. (Including 14 in 16 games before he even kicked a ball in England!)

CHAMPIONSHIP: 3 in 39!!! Yes, that's Championship.

Don't you understand how poor Scottish Football is. You can't say "compare the service" because then you compare the quality of teams they play and quality of defences he plays against.

He's playing against Championship Quality defenders. The best way to compare him is how many goals he has scored against Celtic and in Europe where at least defences are decent and I might be wrong but I'm sure his record is something like:

1 goal vs Celtic in 20 games.

3 goals in Europe in 20 games.

So when he actually plays against any sort of decent defender, he becomes useless.

Now please, defend that record.

My point is not that he is a world beater, but that he is one of the best value players available to us, being realistic. He is available on free. If he doesn't work out, he can leave, for a profit.

I'm just not one to live in a dream world like some people who think MoN is going to spend 12m on Hugo Rodallega, or bid for some young foreign talent that people bring up every summer.

Randy has already said money is not available, so he would be an alternative to Heskey, at least Boyd has goals in him.

Feels like i'm fighting a losing battle here then. He is by no means my 1st choice to join this summer, i just thought he would be a very affordable punt.

Different story for Fletcher for me. He looked, at times ill agree, like a potential good quality player that could work here.

My understanding of what Randy said was that players that don't play, need to go to raise capital, which will go on improved players, and if extra cash is needed for those, it will be there. Not that he is going to spend 10+m on another player.

Feels like i'm fighting a losing battle here then. He is by no means my 1st choice to join this summer, i just thought he would be a very affordable punt.

Different story for Fletcher for me. He looked, at times ill agree, like a potential good quality player that could work here.

My understanding of what Randy said was that players that don't play, need to go to raise capital, which will go on improved players, and if extra cash is needed for those, it will be there. Not that he is going to spend 10+m on another player.

Well my point is more that we can't just buy Boyd and that's it. The problem is that we don't have a top class striker alongside Agbonlahor. If we sign him and then Carew and Heskey go then I wouldn't mind too much if Boyd signed on a free as 3rd/4th choice but we need a main striker first.

The fact he said 'buy-to-sell' policy.

Money is available but not to spend a huge amount on one player.

The fact he said if an opportunity comes along the money is there, is, for me, taken with a pinch of salt.

Well my point is more that we can't just buy Boyd and that's it. The problem is that we don't have a top class striker alongside Agbonlahor. If we sign him and then Carew and Heskey go then I wouldn't mind too much if Boyd signed on a free as 3rd/4th choice but we need a main striker first.

I never said just buy him, and only him. Him to replace Heskey yes. Another striker in to possibly replace Carew. Who that player could be leaves me scratching my head if im honest. No one has suggested a realistic target that is quality (not that i can remember anyway)

Eduardo has glimpses of being a quality player. Goal scoring record at Arsenal is poor. Good last two seasons at Dinamo Zagreb, but their league can't be that strong. He's 27.

Bendtner has again, not a good scoring record, but has youth on his side. Probably could be a good partner with gabby.

It's a difficult one, and one that i don't envy MoN for having. Whoever we bring in, it's not going to be a world class striker, a already recognisable name, or one for a huge sum of money.