Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Sky Sports

Nelson Valdez: Borussia Dortmund Striker, 26, can also play in midfield.

His agent is thought to be eyeing up a move for him before the World Cup with England a possible destination.

Barry McIntosh (his agent) says: "I have moved a number of South American players in recent years to England, but he would be amongst the best"..

Does anyone know anything about this guy/ seen him play/ or who his agent has represented previously?

(If he hasn't moved by the WC then I think I'll keep an eye on Paraguay's games.. just in case!)

interesting- he sounds like the Shaun Maloney/Patrik Berger type player MON's been trying to make Sidwell into the past two years.

I really like Valdez, one of my favourite players but I'm not sure if he's what we need. A very good team player who runs everywhere like Milner, but his finishing has always been very suspect. We need the opposite. I could see MON being very interested though.

I saw his ability to be a striker/midfield hybrid filling a need as an impact sub to offer plan b when we're chasing a goal. I admit to not being familiar enough with the player; how are his crossing and distribution? Is he the type of player that could break a game open in ways beyond shooting (and apparently, running)?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Bent better than Rooney now Delfouneso best striker in the world in 2 years.

why can't he be? you've said on many occasions that Agbonlahor is 1 of the best strikers in the league, Delfouneso is streets ahead of Agbonlahor at the same age

IN YOUR OPINION

Blimey, if Delf is so much better than Gabby then why is Gabby our first choice striker?

am I the manager??

Why can't he be? Because he's not that good. If he was, he'd be playing regularly just like Rooney (that crap striker guy) was scoring a hat-trick on his Champions League debut after just turning 19 and feauting regularly for one of the best teams in the world on regular occasions.

He'd be scoring regularly for his country in big competitions just like Wayne Rooney was in 2004 at the age of 18.

If he is going to be the best striker in the world in two years, that's the stage he's likely to be at. I wouldn't rule Delfouneso being one of the top 4/5 Premiership strikers in 4/5/6 years but not yet, not even close.

Agbonlahor is one of the better strikers in the league but he's not even close to the best strikers.

Rooney, Drogba, Torres, Van Persie, Tevez are the 5 strikers on completly different levels to anyone else in the league.

Agbonlahor is in the list of the next pack of Anelka, Defoe, Bent, Berbatov etc...of very good Premier League strikers but nothing more.

Now please, you say Rooney isn't in the top 20 strikers in the world....

yet at the age of 18, he was scoring goals for his country at major championships, aswell as scoring a hat-trick on Champions League debut aswell as 17 goals in around 40 games in his first full season at Man United at the age of 18-19.

Now Rooney at his peak isn't in the top 20 strikers in the world according to you so how would Delfouneso who has scored just 1 premiership goal in his career in 2 years be better than Rooney is now for example? considering Delfouneso is at the same stage of his career than Rooney was when he was scoring goals for club and country.

""

:twisted: Well a guy i met on the tube reckons it's a done deal for David Bentley with Ashley Young set to finally seal his move to Spurs in return! ...Can't wait for that old monkey to start swinging from the trees again!! :lol: ""

^^^^ ^^ ^^

You just have to laugh don't you? :lol:

I posted the above on 10th May & Today i have found this:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/villa-everton-revive-push-tottenham-winger-bentley-845081

DOH!

yet at the age of 18, he was scoring goals for his country at major championships, aswell as scoring a hat-trick on Champions League debut aswell as 17 goals in around 40 games in his first full season at Man United at the age of 18-19.

Now Rooney at his peak isn't in the top 20 strikers in the world according to you so how would Delfouneso who has scored just 1 premiership goal in his career in 2 years be better than Rooney is now for example? considering Delfouneso is at the same stage of his career than Rooney was when he was scoring goals for club and country.

if the manager picked Delfouneso he would've got at least 17 goals imo he just needs a chance, I don't have the answers, I have no idea why the manager won't start him, he's ready

I've watched him since he was 15, I know how good he is and how good he can be, I said it the 1st time I saw him and I still believe it now, he will be the best in the world bar none, forget your Rooneys, Villas etc

Delfouneso is going to be top class I reckon but chill on the expectations a while.

And just because a player hasnt acheived the same level another player acheived at a similar age, it doesn't mean that player wont eventually be as good. They all develop differently and at their own pace.

I think the Fonz has it all but only time will tell if he makes the most of his talent.

So the transfer speculation on this thread today is that we'll sign...

.. no.. we'll offer a contract.. to Delfouneso?

come on chaps! lets get the rumours started!!!!

Enough of this nonsense about Ronald Rooney and Derek Delfouneso! I know my football, and I can assure you that neither of them are good enough to play for Villa.

if the manager picked Delfouneso he would've got at least 17 goals imo he just needs a chance, I don't have the answers, I have no idea why the manager won't start him, he's ready

I've watched him since he was 15, I know how good he is and how good he can be, I said it the 1st time I saw him and I still believe it now, he will be the best in the world bar none, forget your Rooneys, Villas etc

I'll donate £10000 to VT if Delfouneso is ever voted as the worlds best player.

I'll donate £10000 to VT if Delfouneso is ever voted as the worlds best player.

I meant best striker

Just because you seen him at 15 and thought it then doesn't give any more value to your prediction.

Deflouneso is going to be better than David Villa..mate get a grip. You are embarrassing yourself.

SGC, I know you are a keen follower of the youth, but what is it about Nathan that makes you think he is going to be that good?

To me, and I have only seen a couple of reserve games and his first team appearances, he looks a decent prospect who may make it but nothing more and I am struggling to see what his real assets are i.e. he is not Gabby quick, he is not that strong, his passing is not exceptional, I haven't noticed anything special about his movement although he does seem to end up on the score sheet - a useful attribute!

Barry's boots, I will just question one thing you say, when you say he isn't Gabby quick. I didn't think he was but he really is around that pace with better dribbling and better goal getting ability. Like I said, I think he'll be better than Gabby and around a 20 league goal striker but not world class, nowhere near it.

SGC, I know you are a keen follower of the youth, but what is it about Nathan that makes you think he is going to be that good?

To me, and I have only seen a couple of reserve games and his first team appearances, he looks a decent prospect who may make it but nothing more and I am struggling to see what his real assets are i.e. he is not Gabby quick, he is not that strong, his passing is not exceptional, I haven't noticed anything special about his movement although he does seem to end up on the score sheet - a useful attribute!

Firstly, he is very quick, maybe not as quick as Gabby but he has a footballing brain which cannot be taught or developed, he's just born to play football, his movement is outstanding, his first touch is breathtaking, he can do things that no other player can do with a football, Paul Merson said when he was 14 that he will be the best striker in the world and I agree with him.

Barry's boots, I will just question one thing you say, when you say he isn't Gabby quick. I didn't think he was but he really is around that pace with better dribbling and better goal getting ability. Like I said, I think he'll be better than Gabby and around a 20 league goal striker but not world class, nowhere near it.

2009/10 was the first season that Rooney has got over 20 league and you say he's the best striker in the world and yet you say Delfouneso will be a 20 league goal striker but not world class, how does that work?

2009/10 was the first season that Rooney has got over 20 league and you say he's the best striker in the world and yet you say Delfouneso will be a 20 league goal striker but not world class, how does that work?

Because Rooney's game is so much more than that. His movement, touch, brain, work ethic, creativity was always up there with the best in the world. The only thing stopping Rooney from becoming the very best was the lack of goals, he's always been world class in every department apart from goals and now he's added that to his list therefore the total package. Delfouneso will be more of a Bent type player. Very good goalscorer but never world class.

Firstly, he is very quick, maybe not as quick as Gabby but he has a footballing brain which cannot be taught or developed, he's just born to play football, his movement is outstanding, his first touch is breathtaking, he can do things that no other player can do with a football, Paul Merson said when he was 14 that he will be the best striker in the world and I agree with him.

Gotta quote?

Because Rooney's game is so much more than that. His movement, touch, brain, work ethic, creativity was always up there with the best in the world. The only thing stopping Rooney from becoming the very best was the lack of goals, he's always been world class in every department apart from goals and now he's added that to his list therefore the total package. Delfouneso will be more of a Bent type player. Very good goalscorer but never world class.

A world class striker, in your opinion who scores 10-15 goals per season or Darren Bent who's guaranteed to score 20-25, I know which 1 I'd take