Call of Duty: Black Ops

FoFiveKing

Getting the pro perks on this can be **** ridiculous. For Ghost Pro I have to destroy a sentry gun. I haven't seen one of those in about the last 30 games I've played, and when one does come up there's an unholy rush to destroy it as everybody seems to need it.

Is there a game mode where you tend to see them used more than other games?

I would say headquarters and domination would be your best bet.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently one tactic is to get a sentry gun yourself as a killstreak, then let an enemy opposition player nick it, which you then kill. Which means I've got to get a kill streak, then let it get nicked, then kill it without dying.

Apparently one tactic is to get a sentry gun yourself as a killstreak, then let an enemy opposition player nick it, which you then kill. Which means I've got to get a kill streak, then let it get nicked, then kill it without dying.

Are you using hacker? It's pretty essential for spotting them.

At the moment the only pro perks I have are Ghost and Warlord although I'm pretty close to getting Hacker pro and SoH pro. Don't think I'm going to prestige as it's too much hard work getting the pro perks.

Like the man says, HQ and Domination would be the way to go. I was having the same problem, then all of sudden two popped up in one game on Radiation. Just luck of the draw, I suppose.

I'll give those a go, cheers lads.

I unlocked the crossbow last night, and first shot got a direct hit onto somebody. Think I'll go back to the Strel though, as there's something just so satisfying about shooting down somebody's spy plane or heli as soon as they appear.

Had a couple of games with the FAL last night. What an awful weapon that is.

**** terrible isn't it?! I was a bit peeved as it was such a good weapon on MW2 with the right setup and I was looking forward to unlocking it. I swear there is no way the stats it shows you are actually what you get with the gun. There's pretty much no point having anything other than an automatic if you're choosing an assault rifle.

Got royally pissed off with the PSG1 yesterday, kept getting hit markers all the freaking time. I've come to the conclusion that the sniper rifles can be useful if you stick an ACOG/extended mag on them, sneak around with a stealth setup and use them as mid range instakillers (basically what the FAL should have been). Had quite a bit of success using the WA2100 like that, but you have to be bloody quick getting the scope up and you will get raped at close quarters.

Like the man says, HQ and Domination would be the way to go. I was having the same problem, then all of sudden two popped up in one game on Radiation. Just luck of the draw, I suppose.

I'll give those a go, cheers lads.

I unlocked the crossbow last night, and first shot got a direct hit onto somebody. Think I'll go back to the Strel though, as there's something just so satisfying about shooting down somebody's spy plane or heli as soon as they appear.

Don't see the point in sniper rifles in Black Ops to be honest. I think they listened to the moans from MW2, and over-compensated and made them virtually useless.

My M16 with ACOG is far more useful. It's dead good for long distance kills, has no idle sway and is much more use up close.

Some fun can be had with them; game of Domination on Crisis, that one elevated spot above A is sheer sniping heaven. That aside... yeah there's nothing they can do that an AR/LMG can't do better really.

I know I've mentioned it before, but I'm a-gonna mention it again; Dual Skorpions. Seriously. You all need to get on that shit.

Had a couple of games with the FAL last night. What an awful weapon that is.

**** terrible isn't it?! I was a bit peeved as it was such a good weapon on MW2 with the right setup and I was looking forward to unlocking it. I swear there is no way the stats it shows you are actually what you get with the gun. There's pretty much no point having anything other than an automatic if you're choosing an assault rifle.

Got royally pissed off with the PSG1 yesterday, kept getting hit markers all the freaking time. I've come to the conclusion that the sniper rifles can be useful if you stick an ACOG/extended mag on them, sneak around with a stealth setup and use them as mid range instakillers (basically what the FAL should have been). Had quite a bit of success using the WA2100 like that, but you have to be bloody quick getting the scope up and you will get raped at close quarters.

What game mode do you play Gaz? Hardcore?

I know I've mentioned it before, but I'm a-gonna mention it again; Dual Skorpions. Seriously. You all need to get on that shit.

Might try that tonight. Do both guns fire simultaneously, or is it one trigger each?

Same as MW2, one trigger for each gun. The drawback is that you cant aim down sights.

Presumably it's a rushing around build anyway though, in which case aiming down the sights is for gays!

Can't get a game at all tonight, keep getting the dreaded 'connection interrupted' message halfway through the match.

I can't get a game either, just wont join any lobbies! really starting to frustrate me now

Can't get a game at all tonight, keep getting the dreaded 'connection interrupted' message halfway through the match.

I can't get a game either, just wont join any lobbies! really starting to frustrate me now

Are you on Xbox or PS3?

Â