1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not Voting
    • The Party for the reintroduction of the European Beaver

"Cameron right hand man in allegations of crime." - what's all that about?

Well as you have quoted it, I would think you might have an idea???

No - its all over Twitter - but so little more info, hence the question? do you know who they may be talking about?

Or are we only allowed to post anti-Lab things?

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul - there was a Tristram Hunt random reference first - no idea why and what is was supposed to be other than I suppose he's a Labour candidate.

Followed by a joke comment about a dolphin (from the Mail) - and my "joke" back was using the Mail as a genuine source of info - especially as they "hate" the Speaker .................. no panic

You have got to find Tristam Hunt story amusing surely? Its part of the humour of all politics? If the Tories parachuted someone in like this, I would find it equally funny....

You have got to find Tristam Hunt story amusing surely? Its part of the humour of all politics?
Probably not as it is not "on Labour message" and anything that is not on message is Tory and therefore evil it seems

For desperate politics by the way see Labour ministers calling for tactical voting, or probably nothing desperate there at all. I'll await the explanation with interest

Paul - there was a Tristram Hunt random reference first - no idea why and what is was supposed to be other than I suppose he's a Labour candidate.

Followed by a joke comment about a dolphin (from the Mail) - and my "joke" back was using the Mail as a genuine source of info - especially as they "hate" the Speaker .................. no panic

You have got to find Tristam Hunt story amusing surely? Its part of the humour of all politics? If the Tories parachuted someone in like this, I would find it equally funny....

Totally random comment though Paul - surely you had some reason for saying that? We could talk about various people and how they have been put into seats that are safe ones for their respective parties - or are you saying that is just a Labour thing? We could talk about how parties put forward various candidates in seats that they have no chance of winning and what the merits of that are?

No - its all over Twitter

When you say it's all over Twitter , it appears to be from Alistair Campbell's twitter and then repeated over and over again in case everyone missed it the first 75 times

but it could be that I don't know how twitter works , seeing as i've never used it , nor ever likely to

I know anything amusing about the Tory party or the Libdems you would find for me, so I will focus on the amusing parts on the Labour party :D I find TH being parachuted in amusing, though if I were being deadly serious it has some serious implications as I mentioned earlier. Labour have to win that seat to stop the BNP. The fact that the local Labour party are in revolt is pretty scary. Why did Mandy do this?

You must admit if you find Gideon funny, its funny that Labour have the son of a westminster educated Lord called Tristam standing in Stoke???

"Cameron right hand man in allegations of crime." - what's all that about?

Well as you have quoted it, I would think you might have an idea???

No - its all over Twitter - but so little more info, hence the question? do you know who they may be talking about?

Or are we only allowed to post anti-Lab things?

No I ve no idea who it is? Its easy to post something without any names, I would think we discuss something concrete? Maybe its more about that clown Ashcroft?

On Twitter from Jason Manford (comic)

Voting Conservative, because you're angry with Labour is like sawing your balls off because your trousers are too tight.

I see Ross Kemp out and about with Gordon this morning Leamington Spa and voicing their election broadcast, well if ever you want yet another reason not to vote Labour this must be the "catcher" to coin a phrase

I'm really struggling with who to vote for! Just don't know, I need convincing.
Steve what things concern you, what are your worries / fears for yourself and your family?

For desperate politics by the way see Labour ministers calling for tactical voting, or probably nothing desperate there at all. I'll await the explanation with interest

I can se nothing at all wrong with tactical voting Richard, TBH.

Labout and Lib Dem would both position themselves as left of centre parties (at core) even if some of Labours actions in power have not fully reflected that.

The tories would naturally see themselves as right of centre.

Labour recongnize they are not as strong in this election as previous ones, and where the lib dems are the 2nd strongest party in a seat, surely it would make sense for them to encourage potential labour voters to vote lib dem, rather than "waste" their vote on Labour, splitting the centre left vote in two and allowing the tories in.

I can see why the tories would not like this, but can't see a problem in terms of getting a left of centre candidate into the H of C.

When you say it's all over Twitter , it appears to be from Alistair Campbell's twitter and then repeated over and over again in case everyone missed it the first 75 times

but it could be that I don't know how twitter works , seeing as i've never used it , nor ever likely to

Busted :-) - how did you know it was Campbell's twitter? :-)

If he is the only "source" then he should published and be damned

I'm really struggling with who to vote for! Just don't know, I need convincing.
Steve what things concern you, what are your worries / fears for yourself and your family?

Various things. i've done some of those questionnaire things where it asks you about issues and tells you who to vote for, but they came out different (one of them told me to vote Labour, one Tory).

The problem is I have very little interest in Politics. Its just something that bores me and I have absolutely no interest in.

This year I'm trying to take more of an interest and make an educated decision on who to vote for rather than eenie meanie miney mo it. But it's hard!

Is there somewhere you can get a list of major issues, and each party's view on those issues so I can compare and contrast?

I can see nothing at all wrong with tactical voting Richard

really ?

Telling Lib Dem people to vote Labour to keep the Tories out just smacks of pure desperation from a party trying anything to cling to power ... On those How should you vote surveys say somebody came up as 75 % Lib and 15 % Labour 10 % Conservative .. should they really then vote labour even though they are clearly not in favour of the policies that labour have .. the fewer Tory seats the more likely that Labour and Brown could end up staying in power

It makes all that Lib Dem Vote for Change and we are not them stuff look a bit pointless if their voters then vote Labour anyway , kinda undoes the ground they may have made up on the other 2 parties ..

Out of interest , lets say hypothetically you had an area where the Tory candidate could only be stopped by the BNP .. I assume hypothetically labour are telling everyone to vote BNP ?

Jon it is desperate because a party has to campaign for every vote it can, have belief in what IT is standing for rather than just say we aint gonna win so vote someone else instead. Where does that show a confidence in it's own message.

BTW, I do like your new spelling of that party Labout !