Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

It's not the first real touch screen smart phone I've had. As I've said. And I pay £35 for 1200 mins, unlim txt and I think 1gb data. Might be 750 tho. for 18 months.

I wouldn't say that You could get android for 'far' cheaper.

Your iPhone for 18 months: £35 x 18 = £630

Orange San Francisco for 18 months = £10 x 18 + £100 = £280

Of course the OSF doesn't have a minimum contract so you aren't required to top up every month.

It's not the first real touch screen smart phone I've had. As I've said. And I pay £35 for 1200 mins, unlim txt and I think 1gb data. Might be 750 tho. for 18 months.

I wouldn't say that You could get android for 'far' cheaper.

Your iPhone for 18 months: £35 x 18 = £630

Orange San Francisco for 18 months = £10 x 18 + £100 = £280

Of course the OSF doesn't have a minimum contract so you aren't required to top up every month.

Is that PAYG then?

So with the benfits I get in my contract, 1200 mins, unlimited text, data.

It would take a hell of alot of topping up to match.

Orange are offering the San Fran on contract. Thats what the picture above is for.

I suppose what I shouldve said in my original comment was an Android phone like the Galaxy s. Im sure theres plenty of lower end Android phones that are cheaper, but its kinda irrelevant when the phones are shite.

Although the Wildfire, doesnt seem to bad a phone tbh.

If that makes me a fanboy then so be it. But you do come across as someone desperately trying to justify not having an iPhone.

First rule in any Android / Iphone discussion - If you support and use the Iphone your are a fanboi, if you back the Android platform your just being honest.

Both do things well, both have their strengths and weaknesses. Its down to what you want it to do and what you use it for that would determine which one would be best.

Its abit unfair to compare the cost of ownership of an iphone with that of the San Francisco - I have used both and as good as it is it aint anywhere near as good as an Iphone.

To be fair mykeyb I was just trying to be informative this time. Not preachy. I even said why some people see android as the pinnacle of smartphones, as you can pick a handset to suite you and customize it to your hearts content, plus it does have more features than iOS.

They're not smart phones - they're mini games consoles with a built in telephony services.

Yep you're right. Although I think of my SGS as more of a tablet.

I moved all the shortcuts around this morning, tidied the screen up a bit and my mate said 'that's nice - but where's the phone icon?'. I use it so much as a tablet and so little as a phone that I'd forgotten to put it there.

Does anyone ever ring people anymore? I just use G chat and the internet all the time. I receive calls alright, rarely make them though. I do watch movies and tv out movies a good bit and of course use it as an mp3 player. But it really is more a pc than a phone.

Its abit unfair to compare the cost of ownership of an iphone with that of the San Francisco - I have used both and as good as it is it aint anywhere near as good as an Iphone.

Gingerlad asked for a comparison of the TCO of an iPhone against an Android phone. That's what I provided. Question though, when you compared the two, the iphone was better. was it 6.3 times better? Will it still be in 18 months time?

Gingerlad asked for a comparison of the TCO of an iPhone against an Android phone. That's what I provided. Question though, when you compared the two, the iphone was better. was it 6.3 times better? Will it still be in 18 months time?

That's the thing though, is an iPhone (any) really better than a San Francisco? Sure the hardware will be much better but to me, the extra power and flexibility of Android still makes it a better phone.

The galaxy s or desire are the fair comparisons for the iphone 4 though.

I'm not sure where "fair" comes into it. Is the iPhone4 more than 6 times better than the OSF? or 50% better than a wildfire?

As I showed further up, the San Fran costs more than my iPhone for the same deal anyway,

I can't see that anywhere, can you put it in a simple comparison? Sorry I've gotten a bit confused.

Closest match I could find with T-Mobile was the Galaxy S is free phone, £35/month, 1200 mins compared the iPhone 4 at £219 phone, £35/month, 600 mins.

As I showed further up, the San Fran costs more than my iPhone for the same deal anyway,

I can't see that anywhere, can you put it in a simple comparison? Sorry I've gotten a bit confused.

Closest match I could find with T-Mobile was the Galaxy S is free phone, £35/month, 1200 mins compared the iPhone 4 at £219 phone, £35/month, 600 mins.

Further up the previous page theres a clip i took from the orange site, its the san fran phone witht he same package I have through orange.

I got free phone, and pay £35 a month. 1200 mins, unlim text and data package,

Â