Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Rev, that's perfect. thanks! It was one of the ones I'd found on my google but hadn't tried that one out yet (as it cost a bit). Downloaded it now though and that's just what I was after.

Stumbled upon a Snes emulator last night. Brilliant. I hadn't even considered that I could get stuff like that on my phone. I can now playing A Link to the Past on my phone. This makes me very happy!

Well **** my ass, that's awesome.

You can do it with PS3 controller as well :) (I only mention as I saw a N64 emulator as well and the PS3 controller would be more suited to those games)

I bloody love this phone already!

Can see myself going on an accessory spending spree next month (once I get paid). Need to get an FM transmitter and a USB to HDMI cable to name a couple.

I've read that the S3 uses different pins so isn't compatible with hdmi connectors of the S2 for example. That one you mention doesn't specifically state its for the S3 so I'd be reluctant to buy.

Also thanks for the SwiftKey 3 recommendation. The stock S3 keyboard was driving me insane.

Light Flow lite is fantastic. You can customise the notification light with loads of colours.

Small problem I'm having with the S3. THe push notifications on my GMail don't work. They worked before I had to do a factory reset, but since then they don't.

I can see my emails, but I have to into the GMail app and hit refresh for them to appear.

Had a google, and even though there's plenty of people who have the same problem, I can't find any solution that works (resynced my account, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, turned phone on and off, deleted and re-added my account)

Any ideas anyone?

Stumbled upon a Snes emulator last night. Brilliant. I hadn't even considered that I could get stuff like that on my phone. I can now playing A Link to the Past on my phone. This makes me very happy!

I've played through chrono trigger and played through Final Fantasy 7 on the psx emulator. Love the emulators.

I think the problem is under Settings (in GMail, not he phone setting)---> data usage there's an option for Gmail sync is Off.

I can't get that to turn on. If I tap on it, it takes me to al ist of things I can sync up to gmail. I@ve synced everything.

But when I press back, it still says GMail Sync is off.

It's probably something really obvious but it's doing my head in.

Oh, and Conor, how DO you personalise the lock screen? I can't find anywhere where I can change the shortcuts I have on there.

Settings->Security->Lock screen options->shortcuts (tap the word shortcuts)

thank you

I find app locker better for the lock screen. But one step at a time. This is just me customising.

Also I got around not being able to reach the notifications bar on the the big screen with action binding on zeam and now nova launcher. Basically I swipe down anywhere on a home screen a d it opens the notifications.

I think the problem is under Settings (in GMail, not he phone setting)---> data usage there's an option for Gmail sync is Off.

I can't get that to turn on. If I tap on it, it takes me to al ist of things I can sync up to gmail. I@ve synced everything.

But when I press back, it still says GMail Sync is off.

It's probably something really obvious but it's doing my head in.

Right, ignore me, I've done it.

Had to go settings---> data usage --->Gmail sync is off--->google----> sync GMail

(didn't realise I could click on the "Google" bit to bring up more options)

Problem solved.

Thanks for all your support in this difficult time ;)

Â