Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

The reason I started the search was because a colleague has the Nexus S and upgraded to gingerbread 2.3.4 and now has an atrocious battery life (won't even get to the end of the day on idle). Turns out his is a very common problem with that OS and that phone. I was just curious as I found my original question while doing the digging.

2.3.4 is supposed to almost double the battery life on the NS. It's done exactly that for me. I use about 25% battery a day now, it's amazing.

Which is why I'm so confused at you saying it's a very common problem. Have to research it.

Have you turned the wifi on? Go Settings > Wireless & Network > WiFi settings > Turn on Wifi

Then below is the list of wifi networks. Select your one and then enter your password (should be on the bottom of the modem) and then it should connect.

Foooking hell, that was scary. I finally took the plunge into the word of custom roms. Nothing wrong with the phone as it was but I really didn't want to be left in the hands of HTC to provide me with the goods. You never know when they suddenly decide to not give a damn about your phone. The Desire Z was a tricky bastard to get rooted. 3 page wiki!

On gingerbread now but I found the Exchange support in the Sense mail/calendar app to be faaaaaar superior to the stock android ones so I'm on a Sense rom again after trying out Cyanogenmod and a couple of others. Feel at home in it :) Oh, and some overclocking never hurt either.

All about the custom roms. The first time you flash your phone is always slightly nerve wracking. There was a rom I loved in the old galaxy s called Darkys, mates still run it on their phones. Thing was absolute lightening, since then I've loved the custom rom community.

Funny how you ended back on stock after all that.

Ok gentlemen i've gotta admit i'm loving this phone , i'm not very good with technical stuff so i'd love to know how i can put some films on the phone , you have to remember i litterally have not got a clue how to do this kinda thing , is it a case of me putting a film on an sd card and then putting it in the phone ? Any help would be welcome for a beginner .

By the way how addictive is angry bird i cant get enough of the damn thing hehe

Does anyone know of an app that tells you which apps are using the internet when the phone is idle?

I have 3g watchdog which monitors how much data is being downloaded, but it doesn't tell you what is doing the downloading. I forgot to turn APN off today and it has used 3Mb on it's own, which isn't a whole lot, but it's 3Mb more than zero.

Does anyone know of an app that tells you which apps are using the internet when the phone is idle?

I have 3g watchdog which monitors how much data is being downloaded, but it doesn't tell you what is doing the downloading. I forgot to turn APN off today and it has used 3Mb on it's own, which isn't a whole lot, but it's 3Mb more than zero.

I think "Network Traffic Usage Stats" does that.

It will cost you a quid though

Â