Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Only 100 pages are me saying android is better than the iphone. The last 20 have been a group wank fest about the galaxy s2.

I agree limpid, we should have a themes and apps thread and then the general chat thread. I started a smartphone games thread in the games forum.

I'd say maybe merge this with the current android thread and make that general chat, then a fresh 'tips/apps' thread can be made :thumb:

Oh and my phone arrived today. I'm currently fumbling around with it, slowly figuring out how to do the most basic stuff. Took me a while to figure out how to transfer contacts from SIM tp phone. That's the level you're dealing with here :) Am I also right in thinking that you can't have multiple profiles? I need a daytime and nighttime profile.

Before the all-singing all-dancing android apps thread gets up and running, is there a quicklist of useful apps. I've installed the 'apn on off' recommended by Conor and I now have dropbox (although I don't yet know how to bring files FROM the dropbox folders onto my phone). I'll give easy profiles and tasker a go.

To get files from the box into your phone simply long press on it and choose download.

A brightness is also helpful, download the curve fish one. Audio manager is also useful as is quick settings. Download those

I take it that in order to easily download 300+ files from dropbox onto my phone I need to install a good file manager on the phone. Can you recommend one? It appears as though dropbox can only select them one by one.

Apps so far

Aston Villa official (obviously :))

TweetDeck

Astro file manager

Opera mini

Google sky map

Angry Birds (cuz I'm a sheep)

APN on off

Dropbox

I figured it out :) The answer to my daytime/nighttime thingy on a HTC is as follows.

Settings -> "Personalize sound" -> Sound set

In there you can add a 'New sound set' then just apply whichever one you need at the time :thumb:

Â