Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Anybody know an average 'going' price for a Galaxy SIII LTE with the box and all accessories? Isn't brand new but I've looked after it well, thinking to sell it to purchase an S4.

My missus just got one and I have to say it is fantastic.

Check out completed listings in ebay. It's in the advanced settings. That'll give you the going rate. I'm fairly sure it's around £280 though

I will keep my N4, because it is brilliant, but might go back to Iphone to save the constant problems I have had with Android (well, with Samsung, but I just want a simple phone that works - and the Nexus can be my main phone).

I will keep my N4, because it is brilliant, but might go back to Iphone to save the constant problems I have had with Android (well, with Samsung, but I just want a simple phone that works - and the Nexus can be my main phone).

I don't understand how you could possibly get used to a Nexus device and then use anything iOS without feeling completely restricted.

To be honest, the Iphone would be my general phone, which would be for music use and I could text and facetime my partner on it. The Nexus 4 would be my main phone, which would be used for organising, emails etc.

The Nexus 4 is made by LG not Samsung.

Yup, I have the S3 and a Nexus 4.

Ah, so you have 2 phones and want to swap one for an iPhone. Makes sense tbh if you need 2 phones why not have 2 different ones. 

I've an S4 and Nexus 4. One has my UK Sim in it the other my Irish Sim. I never have both on me unless travelling home. 

Yeah, one is my work phone (Nexus) and the other is my usual contract (s3) but I have just had so much trouble with the s3 it's crazy.. I have sent an 800 word complaint to o2 and will not back down on this. I also copied it to the Samsung exec office and about 10 other people including the marketing for o2. 

What on earth was your problems with the S3? I never had a problem with it at all (bar apps causing the problem like swiftkey) but a fair few people have had complaints in here in the time since I got the S4. I wonder if the samsung software doesn't last too well past 12 or so months. I preferred my S3 to my Nexus 4 in the time I had both. But I did go totally disable one by one the majority of apps on the S3 so maybe my knowledge of Android aided my ability to extricate the unwanted stuff and was a factor in my improved experience. 

Not sure on my BILs but me;

About a month in, it started lagging and would freeze when on pages (Chrome, Firefox, on all) so I would take the battery out and put it back in. This got worse, so I rooted it and this solved the problem, I had a faster phone with no problems at all.

Then one day I was opening facebook and it kept closing, same with other apps, so I rebooted but it never came back on. Samsung repair centre said it was water damage (my **** arse).

It's a common tactic for manufacturers to blame water damage.  They place small stickers or blobs of ink inside the phone which will change colour if they come into contact with moisture, but anecdotal evidence claims they are so sensitive they will just change colour when they come into contact with the atmosphere on a particularly humid day. No doubt this is deliberate. 

Not sure on my BILs but me;

About a month in, it started lagging and would freeze when on pages (Chrome, Firefox, on all) so I would take the battery out and put it back in. This got worse, so I rooted it and this solved the problem, I had a faster phone with no problems at all.

Then one day I was opening facebook and it kept closing, same with other apps, so I rebooted but it never came back on. Samsung repair centre said it was water damage (my **** arse).

Oh sounds like a faulty phone. Every manufacturer will suffer from these things. I have a mate who had to send the iphone 4S back twice in a month.

I have had problems with Asus myself. Sometimes it's the luck of the draw.

But one company who I am very happy with is Samsung. Both my NC10 netbook all my Galaxy phones and my Series 9 laptop have all worked flawlessly and I suppose this is how brand loyalty is built.

Had I had some bad luck and got a faulty device along the way maybe I'd feel different.

Anybody know an average 'going' price for a Galaxy SIII LTE with the box and all accessories? Isn't brand new but I've looked after it well, thinking to sell it to purchase an S4.

My missus just got one and I have to say it is fantastic.

Check out completed listings in ebay. It's in the advanced settings. That'll give you the going rate. I'm fairly sure it's around £280 though

According to HUKD you can get a new one for about £281

I won't back down over this, I will continue to harass them until they back down with their claim!

Find out the email address of their UK CEO and send him a sh***y email. I had an issue with HTC cocking up my repair twice, sent an email to the CEO on Sunday night, got a call 9:05 Monday morning saying they're sending me out a brand new upgraded handset.

Â