Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go so far as to say 7.15am tomorrow tbh.

Well I am not sure part of me agrees and part doesn't. Its not like the AV06 or any other party can make a bid once the LSE has closed today and therefore the announcement will be tomorrow. They had to bid before close of play today in which case the announcement ought to be made there and then. However, I am a Villa fan and therefore a pessimist!

I'd go so far as to say 7.15am tomorrow tbh.

Well I am not sure part of me agrees and part doesn't. Its not like the AV06 or any other party can make a bid once the LSE has closed today and therefore the announcement will be tomorrow. They had to bid before close of play today in which case the announcement ought to be made there and then. However, I am a Villa fan and therefore a pessimist!

Not possible, they can't have until such a time to bid then the LSE stays open for AVFC to make announcement, logically it has to be tommorrow

Sure someone else must have posted this or thought of this ages ago. I am a bit slow so it has only just occurred to me that it looks like RAL's bid was DELIBERATELY TIMED so that it would be final by tonight's match.

Sorry if that was obvious to everybody days ago.

Sure someone else must have posted this or thought of this ages ago. I am a bit slow so it has only just occurred to me that it looks like RAL's bid was DELIBERATELY TIMED so that it would be final by tonight's match.

Sorry if that was obvious to everybody days ago.

Its been posted a few times, thtres even said that Lerners plane was planned to be in the country today - shame hes on holiday now and isnt online

Thanks Bickster, yes I had read that R was supposed to be at the game, but I just assumed it was because it was the first home game, etc. It never occurred to me before that the whole operation might have been synchronized to this degree.

Lerner closes in on Villa takeover

Randy Lerner should discover in the next 24 hours if the path is clear for him to become the new unopposed owner of Aston Villa.

American billionaire Lerner had his £62.6million offer accepted by Villa on August 14 and it was recommended for acceptance by shareholders.

Any rival consortium had to make an offer 5% higher than the Lerner bid by midnight on Thursday to disrupt the plans of the owner of NFL side Cleveland Browns.

But it is looking increasingly unlikely that any alternative offer will be put to Villa chairman Doug Ellis.

The consortia led by lifelong Villa fan Michael Neville and deputy judge Nicholas Padfield respectively had hopes of rivalling Lerner but there has been little sign of any movement from the two parties.

In effect it means that Ellis and Jack Petchey will be able to transfer their combined shareholding of 57% to Lerner by the weekend barring any 11th-hour developments.

Significantly, Lerner has been closely liaising with new Villa manger Martin O'Neill, who throughout was the first choice of the American to succeed David O'Leary.

Funds will be in place to bring in new signings although O'Neill will have to work fast to strengthen his squad with the transfer window closing on August 31.

Celtic midfielder Stilian Petrov has been the main target although Celtic has been reluctant to sell despite the Bulgaria international intimating that he wants a new challenge.

Another ex-Parkhead player, defender Didier Agathe, is currently on trial at Villa.

The necessity to bring in new faces has increased with the sale of midfielder Mathieu Berson and striker Kevin Phillips in the past 24 hours.

Clicky

ITV have the same article on their website/teletext service.