Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

1) I know Randy Lerners background, success story and his aims

2) Nicky Padfield QC and consortium - who are they and what have they ever done?

3) I know who Lerner intends to install to the executive board

4) I know Lerners plans for AVFC

5) I kniow that IMG are the largest sports media group in the world and their CEO wil be on our board

6) I know how Lerner intends to finance his deal (Padfield is basically accusing him of lying)

7) I don't know why Padfield waited for someone else to bid first

8 ) Why can't Padfield bid today if he has the backing he alludes to?

9) I know which party made the effort to involve fans representatives at an early stage and share their plans with them.

10) I know who has given reassurances over the furture of the Club, it's ground and future development of the brand

11) I know who is making allegations about Lerner

12) I know Padfield is doing his talking via the Evening Mail

Conclusion - I KNOW who I want to succeed

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this might be a stupid question... but assuming there is no other bid... whens the official day than Lerner takes over officially.. is it 21 days from yesterday? or did it start earlier? or is the 10 days? im confused.

Will it be before the end of August?

Can I just add that I doubt that the AV06 bid will be BR, afterall just re-read Ellis comments from yesterday. ANything else from him now makes him look a clearing in the woods, more of a clearing in the woods. And he wont want that, he will not want to look as though he is not in control of this.

Absolutely - and we have to remember there is the consideration of the payment to Lerner that would have to be made were another bid accepted against his (around £600,000 as I understand it) - okay in the whole scheme of things, peanuts, but another blow against Ellis who surely wouldn't want his last hours at AVFC being shrouded with these sorts of problems.

Surely he would want a smooth transition without issue to allow him to milk continued praise about how and what he has achieved.

Like I say. The consumers will ultimately have a reasonable bearing on the winners and losers.

And AV06 have lost the media war. They have lsot the hearts and minds of the market.

I am confident that Lerner's bid will go through.

this might be a stupid question... but assuming there is no other bid... whens the official day than Lerner takes over officially.. is it 21 days from yesterday? or did it start earlier? or is the 10 days? im confused.

The 21 days is there to allow the shareholders to approve (or decline) a bid.

The 10 calander days is separate to that and it allows someone to place an increased 5% or more bid.

I thought AV06 threat to MON was quite pathetic as well , sounded like a spoiled child infact .

AV06 : Look Martin if your not gonna sign a new contract with us then then then were gonna hire Lippi so there <

I think that was a sarcastically made-up-on-the-forum threat...

the way I read it is:

If after 10 days, there are no bids, the Lerner is the de facto major shareholder of Aston Villa.

The 21 days is for the other shareholders to accept Lerner's offer to enable him to delist.

so if AVO6 bid, and its the reported 70m can rothchilds reject it without ellis's interference, if it doesnt match lerners plans to make vilal big again?

i dont trust the av06 group, they have not once consulted the fans and have done all tehir talking in the media

And AV06 have lost the media war. They have lsot the hearts and minds of the market

Indeed. And isn't it amazing that they have!

First person to bid may have the disadvantage of exposing your details. But it has the MAJOR advantage of being the one to finally offer the fans the removal of the devil.

the way I read it is:

If after 10 days, there are no bids, the Lerner is the de facto major shareholder of Aston Villa.

The 21 days is for the other shareholders to accept Lerner's offer to enable him to delist.

Thats pretty much the way it should be read GV!

And AV06 have lost the media war. They have lsot the hearts and minds of the market

Indeed. And isn't it amazing that they have!

First person to bid may have the disadvantage of exposing your details. But it has the MAJOR advantage of being the one to finally offer the fans the removal of the devil.

Yes Richard but it's MORE than that we can see people being involved that can do something with this 'asleeping giant'

Last night SSN reported that Cleveland Brows are worth almost twice what they were in 2002 - and thats without being particularly successful due to the strange NFL rules