Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

ssn are reporting that lerner has told his advisors to bid for aston villa ands a announcment is due early this week

Believe that when i see it.

All been said before with nothin happening then either :(

You're a proper Doubting Thomas, Jez. :winkold:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ssn are reporting that lerner has told his advisors to bid for aston villa ands a announcment is due early this week

Believe that when i see it.

All been said before with nothin happening then either :(

You're a proper Doubting Thomas, Jez. :winkold:

Thats me :D

I've said it before on this thread but where the money comes from or wealth of the buyer or buyers is not the issue for me, it's having a mamagement team in place that can run this club properly and put an infrastructure in place that means that the club from top to bottom is healthy and we no longer have to bow down to other clubs and acceptance pitiful fees for our players and shows a PRO-active outlook instead of the Ellis years of RE-activeness.

Why is there always lots of optimism about the takeover on Sunday nights?

The press and TV fill their weekend editions with speculation based on very little. I suppose one week they will get it right, let's hope so.

It is amazing that the media can get away with publishing things under 'exclusive - this is going to happen' and nothing happens. It doesn't affect their sales, in fact just the opposite. So why print news these days when you can make more money out of speculation.

The trouble is, some believe it, twist it a bit, discuss it, add another angle to it and it is picked up by the media, reissued as news again for the following week.

I am going to stick my neck out now and say that something is going to happen and it is going to happen sometime in ........ the future - anybody disagree :lol:

Dont know if it's been on SSN all day but I just turned it on and they seemed quite excited about Lerner claiming the deal is all but done and will be tied up in the next day or so. If you've all heard I apologise but I cant be bothered reading back over this thread at all todays posts!

I dunno I guess its been going on a while now so the end may actually finally be upon us, heres hoping, just so I dont have to read any more posts about bloody shares and boring stuff like that!

Ha ha, don't shoot the messenger,but i just heard a rumour that Randy Lerner became the major shareholder yesturday and to Expect an offical announcement tomorrow.

just not possible, anouncements and all sorts have to be made to the S.E.

Ha ha, don't shoot the messenger,but i just heard a rumour that Randy Lerner became the major shareholder yesturday and to Expect an offical announcement tomorrow.

Yep I heard that too

(and not from rivals.net where it was also posted too)

im not well up on the s.e but can an anouncement be made in the morning :roll:

im not well up on the s.e but can an anouncement be made in the morning :roll:

Yes.