Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

No, I think we'd know if something had broken down, or if something had been completed, or if something had stalled, I'm just wondering if the time it takes is for paperwork or for planning.

For both and never forget how awkward Ellis is.

aV06 wanted details and Ellis never provided them,

apparently there has been pressure for Ellis to provide details.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soccer I have always said that for the first home game of the season Ellis would NOT want to be in charge (or at least everyone knows he would be a puppet)

the timeline is getting tight but I sstill believe it.

Agreed. i'm still hopeful a deal will be struck by the end of the week or early the week after and Lerner will be watching the Reading and Barcodes matches, not yet in full charge but as good as.

No, I think we'd know if something had broken down, or if something had been completed, or if something had stalled, I'm just wondering if the time it takes is for paperwork or for planning.

For both and never forget how awkward Ellis is.

aV06 wanted details and Ellis never provided them,

apparently there has been pressure for Ellis to provide details.

To be fair to Ellis (and I very seldom am) it has been rumoured that AV06 were not prepared to sign confidentiality forms due to the fact that it might reflect on their ability to pursue interests in other clubs. If that is so then you can hardly blame Doug for being less than forthcoming in their case.

I agree VB but we heard the same with the Ranson bid and a confidentiallty cluase is a must IF AV06 refused to sign them, they could have not been that serious.

or they could be so confident of their bid and insider information, they don't need to know the due diligence.

it boils down to the desire to buy and the desire to sell

AV06 desire to buy a football club, just like Ranson does, they seem to have both a greater desire and a bigger cash book, and aren't on their own.

Lerner too has a desire, Villa will not be his only target.

Neville wants Villa, has a bid designed to please the major shareholders, has suposed deals with one major shareholder, and was the first man to mute O'Neill as a possible manager.

Only one bid came to see Ellis, walked away saying little and is still there, interesting isn't it.

Again I say show me where Lerner has said he is back in town with a bid, this year let alone this week ???

Hope he does though, look out airplane spotters ......

so it looks like there will be movement this week, doug did say "weeks not months", i assume, well, im actually hoping that this week Lerner has been checking the clubs finances and rotchildes have been doing likewise to Lerner, and now everything has been given a thumbs up and Randy will make a bid, Doug will advise shareholders what the best thing to do would be and hopefully RL will be in charge by september 1st

I don't see how that makes him into a demi god. We simply have mutual interests. He wants a profit and I want a club competing with the best. And I think both of us has a good chance achieving what we want if his bid is accepted.

Well, there are people around who will tell you the sun shines out his behind, and well, compared to ellis it probably does.

But it is always worth remembering that people who are successful in business are almost without exception both very charismatic and ruthless to the extreme. It almost always pays to be something other than unquestioning when such people are around, thats all

Here's hoping he can bring that ruthlessness to bear for our club in the very near future.

I agree VB but we heard the same with the Ranson bid and a confidentiallty cluase is a must IF AV06 refused to sign them, they could have not been that serious.

or they could be so confident of their bid and insider information, they don't need to know the due diligence.

it boils down to the desire to buy and the desire to sell

AV06 desire to buy a football club, just like Ranson does, they seem to have both a greater desire and a bigger cash book, and aren't on their own.

Lerner too has a desire, Villa will not be his only target.

Neville wants Villa, has a bid designed to please the major shareholders, has suposed deals with one major shareholder, and was the first man to mute O'Neill as a possible manager.

Only one bid came to see Ellis, walked away saying little and is still there, interesting isn't it.

Again I say show me where Lerner has said he is back in town with a bid, this year let alone this week ???

Hope he does though, look out airplane spotters ......

I don't think we need "The Trees" quality information now. Either Lerner knows enough about Villa to make a bid, or he knows enough to walk away. If it's the former he can make a bid from the states and fax or courier the paperwork. I would hope that the next time we see Randy in the UK is in the directors box at VP with his arms raised in ten days time.

ssn are reporting that lerner has told his advisors to bid for aston villa ands a announcment is due early this week

Believe that when i see it.

All been said before with nothin happening then either :(

Can't remember where I read the information but I have read that Lerner's wealth is $1.4 billion BUT he also has assets of $4 billion to draw upon
You're right stewiek, that is his families total wealth, but as I've said before it's his business acumen that we need, allied to his ability to improve a club on the banks' money, not his own.