Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essentially, what has happened is that since the club leaked that he was possibly interested, .

Do you think this leak from the club to Bill Howell was the first time he had been heard of by some people?

THE battle to take control of Aston Villa is expected to intensify in the next few days despite the club showing a £8.2million pre-tax loss for the year ending May 31, 2006.

:roll: :yawn: "next few days" "within the next 48 hours" "within the next 2 days"

THE battle to take control of Aston Villa is expected to intensify in the next few days despite the club showing a £8.2million pre-tax loss for the year ending May 31, 2006.

:roll: :yawn: "next few days" "within the next 48 hours" "within the next 2 days"

"Few" is about as vague as you can get. :cry:

I understand what you're saying PB, it's quite amazing how he is the favourite in everyones eyes and yet we know little more (if any) about his bid than any of the others.

Very clever PR work

I think i prefer his bid, just because i'd like to put "RANDY" on my shirt. TBH, I think enough people have been in touch with Browns' fans to get an idea and though we don't know details, we base our belief on the way he runs them. (i.e. puts in good management and lets them get on with it.) As I've said before, regardless of billions in his pockets, a well run villa would be so much of an improvement. Just imagine....a marketing strategy!!!

this is exactly what im talking about.

when we marketing our new shirts for example, why not ahve baros as one of the people? vilals mareting under ellis was abysmal

Because if Baros wants to be sold, and/or the club want to sell him, why have someone in a new kit that probably won't be there at the start of the season?

What's the rush anymore, as long as it's done in the next month or so. The only reason I wanted it hurried up was because all transfers were on hold. Now, apparently MON has a bit of money to spend we can plug the holes and that should get us through to January, when a few more holes can be pluged and next summer the real work can start. But there is no particular rush anymore.

this is exactly what im talking about.

when we marketing our new shirts for example, why not ahve baros as one of the people? vilals mareting under ellis was abysmal

Because if Baros wants to be sold, and/or the club want to sell him, why have someone in a new kit that probably won't be there at the start of the season?

They did it with Solano last year.

Randy has a proven record of ownership in an football club. It isnt soccer but the type of business is similar and he should know enough to make our club successful again.

The other consortiums seems more like a risk than Randy and that is why I give my vote to Randy. We dont know anything about Neville tbh...nothing about Athole...or AV06. What is their experience? What is their skill? What do they have to show as reference?

What's the rush anymore, as long as it's done in the next month or so. The only reason I wanted it hurried up was because all transfers were on hold. Now, apparently MON has a bit of money to spend we can plug the holes and that should get us through to January, when a few more holes can be pluged and next summer the real work can start. But there is no particular rush anymore.

The rush for me is because the longer this runs the longer that old fool is at the helm and will think he can do a job and especially with the media spotlight on us following the MON appointment he'll be massaging his own ego all the time. I want rid of Ellis whilst this snowball is still rolling otherwise the senile old git will forget that we were protesting about him before the MON appointment and we're back to being in the cycle. ELLIS OUT and ASAP!

ANd then what happens when MON walks out and it's obvious why? What will the pressure on the man be like then having just lost the services of , arguably, the best manager we have had in almost 30 years?