Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting info from another side

Note the approach to Lerner, wouldn't suprise me one bit, as Neville seems the underhand scheming type.

Covering the costs for the bid? You make a bid on the understanding that it may get rejected, surely thats a chance you take?

Its not the first time I've seen it said but it is the first time I've seen mention of it in actual print

Note the approach to Lerner, wouldn't suprise me one bit, as Neville seems the underhand scheming type.

Covering the costs for the bid? You make a bid on the understanding that it may get rejected, surely thats a chance you take?

Its not the first time I've seen it said but it is the first time I've seen mention of it in actual print

its been in a couple of the nasties before, that's why in general its been ignored.

I think its been mentioned on one of the poorer radio progs as well

its been in a couple of the nasties before, that's why in general its been ignored.

I think its been mentioned on one of the poorer radio progs as well

Well that would explain it then, don't read those papers and don't listen to radio shit :mrgreen:

Lerner or AV06 is what we need. We need new players better squad no interferance or butting in jus here Martin spend this 50 million! if we get Still he wont re-new Martins yr roling contract. keep him 4 this season and we'll then see Sven in mangement again! DONT WANT STILL. Nev, ok Villa fan good man but not a lot of money, ask me? not good for the future!!!!!! be the same as doug now 2 million here and there after he gives 20 m in the 1st season! Lerner for me 2 be hnest, might be american but has 800 million in his bank (billion dollors) not as much as we all think when we hear billionaire but remeber.... HE MAKES MONEY EVERYDAY FROM THT NFL TEAM!!!!! hes a highly respected and well run business man! bring him in!!! HERE HERE!!!

if we get Still he wont re-new Martins yr roling contract. keep him 4 this season and we'll then see Sven in mangement again! DONT WANT STILL.

No. Just no. When (not if) :lol: Martin O'Neill is succesful, why would Still decide to let him go?!

Lerner to step up Villa takeover bid

By William Gray

(Filed: 07/08/2006)

In pics: Summer moves

Your View: Premiership message boards

American billionaire Randy Lerner, the favourite among four parties bidding to take control at Aston Villa, is set to make a formal offer to club chairman Doug Ellis.

Lerner is already working in close contact with Martin O'Neill, installed as Villa's new manager on Friday. When he came to England a fortnight ago to hold talks with Ellis, Lerner also spent two evenings with the former Celtic manager, who was his top choice to succeed David O'Leary.

That is why O'Neill was believed to be stunned when it appeared the deal had fallen through 10 days ago, Lerner flying back to the United States after the apparent collapse of negotiations with Ellis.

But talks are again proceeding and, if all goes to plan, Lerner is expected to be formally installed as Villa's new owner by early September now that Ellis has intimated he is ready to sell.

The owner of NFL side Cleveland Browns has the kind of ample funds O'Neill will require to transform Villa into a major force.

O'Neill will spend the next week assessing the current players at his disposal during Villa's two matches in Holland on their pre-season tour. He watched his charges in action for the first time on Saturday, when they fought out a goalless draw with Hanover 96 in Germany.

The new manager was accompanied by his tried and trusted lieutenants, new assistant manager John Robertson and coach Steve Walford, who were also with him at Leicester and Celtic. He is aware he has to move fast, with a daunting Premiership opener against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium only 13 days away. Villa have not brought in any players over the summer after avoiding relegation last season.

Press here baby, thats it there, there, more more....oooh baby

Ok, So if there is a board meeting tommorow, are we likely to hear of anything that was discussed unless they agree a sale ?!?

if they decide nothing, I doubt we'll hear

if however as expected they do decide to recomend a particular bid then they will have to report that to the LSE

Ok, So if there is a board meeting tommorow, are we likely to hear of anything that was discussed unless they agree a sale ?!?

if they decide nothing, I doubt we'll hear

if however as expected they do decide to recomend a particular bid then they will have to report that to the LSE

That's what is going to happen tomorrow IMO. Doug Ellis doesn't fly out to a country, to then come back the next day for a 'meeting' on Monday.

This meeting is crucial, and a bid is going to be placed. No doubt about it in my mind.

Wouldn't disagree Jas but I suspect it'll be Tuesday before we find out given that they have to inform the LSE first

Yeah, could be, your guess is as good as mine.

What if a bid has been placed this weekend? Would we find out tomorrow when the Stock Exchange opens?

buying a company is not as simple as buying a pack of polos from a corner shop.

first the bid must be formally made, then finances must be checked and its then up to the current shareholders to sell. anyone who thinks a sale will happen this tuesday is out of there mind.

buying a company is not as simple as buying a pack of polos from a corner shop.

first the bid must be formally made, then finances must be checked and its then up to the current shareholders to sell. anyone who thinks a sale will happen this tuesday is out of there mind.

I don't think that at all.

But I feel if Lerner bids tomorrow, it'll be announced to the Stock Exchange.

There's our new owner, the club will accept his bid, he'll look through the books AGAIN - make no doubt about it, they're already massively into this.

Also I don't really mind, I think everyone involved in this knows that it's going to be Lerner's club in a few weeks etc, thus why they are spending money out of the overdraft.

This won't harm potential signings.