Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

So on a show of hands, yes the board could vote to recommend a bid to the shareholders.

Cuddly's role on the board does not involve 'collective responsibility', it does not require him to agree to accept the bid.

In a scenario where the chair voted against such a proposal, the bid would surely fail. AVFC PLC would have incurred costs in canvassing the shareholder population and processing the corporate action, handling replies and queries - all for no gain. Thus the board, in the best interests of the club would vote against reccommending a bid that is going to fail. They should then resign their positions, as it also their duty to act in the best interests of the club. I don't see that there is much else they can do. If they vote to oust the chair, the bid is still going to fail, and an EGM four weeks later would see the despot back on his throne.

We know that for years the chair has not acted in the best interests of the club. Hoping that he does so now seems a tad optimistic. He will not sell because it is in the best interests of AVFC, only if it is in the best interests of HDE. He needs to be convinced that it is in his best interests.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard an interview with Ellis on WM from last night.

He was going on about how we have another 8000 seats to put in the North stand and that we have planning permission for this and for a hotel. Clearly no need to say all this but hes being a salesman right till the end. Its obviously something he has spoken about with prospective buyers as it was clearly on his mind.

could be its part of a superb package put forward by one of the longer standing bidders of course and he's just picking ideas from provisional planning permission Villa have since Bendalls days

Probably not

o. If they vote to oust the chair, the bid is still going to fail, and an EGM four weeks later would see the despot back on his throne.

not necessarily its now assumed should Petchey say yes then there are enough potntial votes for Ellis to lose.

its also been suggested his aprlour tricks with Lerner and now O'Neil may be moves to call the bluff.

I doubt it mind I still feel he is up to selling at least a controlling interest, trouble is the best bet for the club possibly, doesn't want him involved rightly so

o. If they vote to oust the chair, the bid is still going to fail, and an EGM four weeks later would see the despot back on his throne.

not necessarily its now assumed should Petchey say yes then there are enough potntial votes for Ellis to lose.

its also been suggested his aprlour tricks with Lerner and now O'Neil may be moves to call the bluff.

I doubt it mind I still feel he is up to selling at least a controlling interest, trouble is the best bet for the club possibly, doesn't want him involved rightly so

Good point, I keep forgetting about JP because he's retired and liquidating all his assets to give to charity ;)

I'm not sure if JP wants cuddly to sell. Or if JP wants cuddly to sell to 'his' man?

But JP could (with backing of lots of little shareholders - no one else holds more than 1% do they?) keep ellis out of the chair, but not off the board. One has to hope that ellis doesn't have the fight left in him. But that should be hope, not an assumption.

I haven't been watching the boards at all since I heard the news about MON and spent last night (and most of this morning!!) celebrating his arrival!

It can't be a coincidence that Randy's jet was here the day MON joined can it? Why does it seem that everyones mood towards the possiblity of a take over seem to have changed? Have I missed something?

It is on the villa blog web site

I wouldn't be inclined to believe it, they don't have the contacts VT has so they've probably plucked it out of thin air unless 'thetrees' tells us otherwise.

Stick to VT, and welcome to the greatest Villa Fan site around.

Well I heard MON (who wouldnt be here anyway if the wasnt to be a takeover) say at the press conference that there is a sum of money for squad strengthening

Where's this money suddenly been magically appeared from? Wouldn't be the takeover would it by any chance? seeing as this time last week we didn't have a pot to piss in

The takeover is happening and my money is still on Lerner I think

planning permission for the hotel and Northstand has run out we would have to reapply.

Again another Ellis lie

We reapplied a couple of months back didn't we? (North Stand anyway)

If I remember correctly Trotsky it was you who posted this

planning permission for the hotel and Northstand has run out we would have to reapply.

Again another Ellis lie

oh yeah :oops:

a couple of san miguels me thinks !!!

Again another Ellis lie

As you have to to keep it going.

As Ellis has just said those he's been talking to aren't in the Abromovich class but most are big boys

One of them has a complete package to reinvent the whole ground and to have the player on the pitch to fill it so it will happen, when is the question and my bet is within the next week or two, and it won't necessarily be Lerner.

It is on the villa blog web site

I wouldn't be inclined to believe it, they don't have the contacts VT has so they've probably plucked it out of thin air unless 'thetrees' tells us otherwise.

Stick to VT, and welcome to the greatest Villa Fan site around.

Yeah i agree. In the past few weeks ive been to every Villa site there is? VT have had the news hours sometimes days before anyone else.

Stick here all the rest get there information from here.

oh yeah :oops:

a couple of san miguels me thinks !!!

Classic :lol::lol:

Apologies Ian, must be strong stuff ;) Are the birmingham council planning applications online?