Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Because ellis is still in charge and ellis is still the chairman (crys as he writes that :cry: )

A couple of weeks ago I would have completely agreed with you. But now.... I think its gone too far and I don't think even Ellis would dare not sell now. Some pretty heavy players are now in the frame with as much gile and craftiness and more than anything Ellis could muster.

I accept it might not happen, but *I* believe its now in our favour.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he wasn't

You may want to call Ellis a liar, but I can catergorically say that Martin O Neil isn't. After that press conference, it seems that Ellis was driven to get his man and that was confirmed. This maybe driven partially by the consortiums, to keep the club attractive, but he wasn't made to do anything. If that eases his conscience prior to a takeover all the better.

Now we have a manager that we all can get behind. Along with prospective owners that will be phase 2 of the post Ellis era.

I'm glad that the news from cloud cuckoo land was so accurate.

Apparantly Fear has just been on Midlands today discussing the appointment, and he apparantly said that he has on good knowledge that Lerner is taking over the club, and he has the champagne on ice?

Can anyone else confirm this, as i no longer live in the midlands.

Thanks.

Tonight's Midlands Today in Real format.

Plenty of preamble ahead of the press conference -- great to see so many there to greet him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/realmedia/midlandstoday/bulletin.ram

Just because he was Ellis' preferred option doesn't mean Ellis got him. He has said before that he wouldn't work under Ellis, and there are a fair few on here who don't expect that he ever will.

He was asked that in the PC - is MON a liar now?

Just because he was Ellis' preferred option doesn't mean Ellis got him. He has said before that he wouldn't work under Ellis, and there are a fair few on here who don't expect that he ever will.

He was asked that in the PC - is MON a liar now?

Nobody is saying that.

For what it's worth, I thought he chose his words VERY carefuly.

I'd be interested to read Lee_av's comments on this as he was implying last night that a certain QC was at the head of the queue....

No I didn't I just swas implying that it ain't over until the ink is dry - Lerner is in the driving seat, but this process has passengers that may not want to be dropped off just yet.

Whoever takes over, lets hope that this is for the good of AVFC. That's is ALL that matters.

I dont think he was there at all but he would have been definately keeping a watch on the developments just like the other consortiums.

Hopefully Lerner has seen how passionate we are about our football and more importantly about our club

Ok, so after watching the press conference, is anyone is any doubt about doug leaving?

He really didn't have much of a clue what was going on, and along with MON not being able to say alot and not having a real answer about transfer funds, i think it's clear the new era is upon us.

I can't wait.